Valued Contributor

Re: QURATE 3RD QUARTER RESULTS 2019

I wonder if Shawn will save QVC since she is saving Christmas?  I feel sad nobody in charge seems to look at things from the consumers point of view.  Bottom lines are information but hemlines get you the bottom line.  Show presentations sell and the shows are just awful.  You got rid of the gold buyer and gem buyer and brought in new people...how has that worked out?  Those new people bring in over priced ugly jewelry!  If we are buying more active wear we are obviously not buying a five carat gem surrounded with diamonds that sells for $4000.00!  Bring in some nice quality basic jewelry with interesting designs...easy to wear with meaning.  Fashions lines all look alike...same colors, same fabrics, same tunic with peplum...hi/low whatever...sick of it!  Every day you have a page or more of new items yet you insist on subjecting customers to eight to ten hours of the same product...one item!  Who can sit and watch colors of Lock And Lock lids?  It would have been better if QVC remained QVC but growth happened because customers loved watching and buying...we no longer feel important.

Respected Contributor

Coming soon!!!!

"Deck Chairs"....in all colors!!!

But, mostly RED.

You know. Like the deck chairs they re-arranged on the Titanic as she slipped beneath the waves...and symbolizing being awash in RED INK.

QVC is a dying model.. Yesterday EVERY TIME I tuned in to any of the channels, there was that toothbrush. GAD!!!!!!!!!! Just as bad as the last several years when it was the huffing and puffing steamers all day long.

And....where are the Turkey Fryers this year?!?!?!?! The ones that use 100 gallons of oil?

How do you spell Home Shopping TeeVee?

T-O-A-S-T.

Hope David and Shawn and Mary Beth and Jane T put a little something away for retirement!!

Honored Contributor

I think people are shifting their discretionary dollars from "stuff" to experiences and entertainment - restaurants, movie theaters, vacations, etc.  It's not the best news for retailers, but probably better for the environment.

Regular Contributor

As usual, management comes off as not having a clue.  QVC's demographic has shifted, but QVC didn't keep up with the times.  They're also losing loyal customers by insisting on the endless loop of the ridiculous TSV.  QVC's regular viewers are tired of the nonsense. Once you lose a loyal customer, very rarely do they come back.

Honored Contributor

If Mr. George had read only even a few of your "QVC Did What?" posts, @Spurt , he would have learned all he needed to know.

Amongst all those words, I noticed he left out any reference to the classic "low hanging fruit."  Woman LOL

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

They are providing us with new and exciting merchandise?  They need to re-vamp the product line-ups and ... could they spell Shawn's name correctly?  She is their top female dog, apparently.  If I order something, I would like to have it within a week at most, unless it is an advanced order.  They are having problems and they can't fix them.  Everything that used to work isn't anymore.  Did I read this correctly that they own the Scott Living line?  Proprietary?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The President, Michael George, added that Shawn Killinger would be saving Christmas this year so analysts needn't worry.

Frequent Contributor

Did anybody catch the meaning of this line....I wonder is they are talking about LR and her new business.  I wonder how much she is taking from their revenue ...Rapid growth of digital media and the increasing value of retail platforms that can help brands tell their stories directly to consumers in a compelling, authentic immersive and video-rich way. 

QVC is copying Shawn's living room to mimic LR doing her shows directly from home.  I think customers must like the intimate feel of this way to shop.

It's fun to watch it all play out.  Only time will tell.

Trusted Contributor

Let me add to my previous post.  I go through my FB page and ads pop up.   I buy from many of those ads.  The merchandise shows up promptly.  I buy from Lisa - no pain.  The merch arrives promptly.  I don't need a TV show to convince me to buy.  This is 2019.  Go back, QVC, to the six minute product presentations,  drop the QVC Sampler-type shows, focus on what is making money but improve the cosmetics offerings.  Lastly, make shopping fun again.  ITKWD aims for fun, but it is stuck in a rut it seems - happy dances and the same products with a new name every week.

Respected Contributor

thank you @Spurt