Contributor

So QVC has been going back and forth with $20.00 to $40.00 account credits for opening a QCard for a while now.  I've thought about getting one for a while, thinking about the added perk of an account credit and finally dove in and got one when they promoted a $40.00 account credit just within the past couple of weeks.

Today, I received a post card from QVC telling me how much they appreciate me and I'm "special" to them. What do I get for being so special? The opportunity for a $75.00 account credit "yes, you heard right" as the post card says, if I open a QCard and purchase before 04-20. 

I guess I should have waited! Anyone else get the post card?

Honored Contributor

although I've had Q card for many years it's quite annoying that now there are many "perks" for new customers & opening a Q card😡.

I think it's time for Q to give some perk besides "ez pay" to longtime customers!

Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

although I've had Q card for many years it's quite annoying that now there are many "perks" for new customers & opening a Q card😡.

I think it's time for Q to give some perk besides "ez pay" to longtime customers!

I totally agree with you! I've shopped with them since the beginning but never considered a QCard until recently and appreciate the perk. Still, long time QCard holders should get something.  Free shipping or $ off. Maybe they will listen!

Honored Contributor

How do you claim the credit once you open the card?

Honored Contributor

@AuntG 

I believe you make the purchase & then 1-2 months later a credit of that amount will show on your QCard account (Synchrony Bank).

I know when I purchased my Curtis Stone cookware from HSN they had promo to open card -- I opened one and a few months later had the credit.

Respected Contributor

I no longer use my Q card. I have it but an extra easy pay is not enticing me. Most items I have ordered are already on Easy Pay. If they had free ship offer I would consider. I had a Q card before it went to Synchrony Bank. No incentives.

Honored Contributor

I know companies spend lots of money to attract new customers - and they probably know that offering me money to open a Q card will be more unlikely to get me to spend more at their company than I would anyway.  Defeats the purpose for them -  and gives me a "temporary" savings which I'd be unlikely to use for months and months.

And after I've gotten my reward?  Why would I ever use that card when I get % cash rewards from the card I already have elsewhere and I already get many products on EZPay without a Q card?

Once upon a time, I carried cards from almost every store that offered them!  No longer -  As I get closer and closer to old age, I like keeping my life as simple as possible even if I have to buy fewer things to do that.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops  Completely agree.  I have 3 credit cards and that's it.  Keep it simple which includes no easy pays.  A $40 credit that I have to wait months to get is not an incentive to me.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50I do use EZP, but only when it's available for the card I already use.  I've been lucky in that I've never encountered an error, not even when once when I was buying more I had 12 of those things.  However, I definitely won't do that to myself again!

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@kaydee50I do use EZP, but only when it's available for the card I already use.  I've been lucky in that I've never encountered an error, not even when once when I was buying more I had 12 of those things.  However, I definitely won't do that to myself again!

Easy pay is a wonderful thing if you don't get carried away with it like some of us have.  Be careful, be very careful.