Super Contributor

To me this whole emphasis on the age of 50 is ridiculous.  It was probably done because so many of the hosts/presenters are in that age range and felt it was needed or deserved or whatever.  I'm almost 75 and at age 50 I had an eight year old daugher and a sixteen year old son and did more with their school activities than most younger mothers did and with more energy.  There's nothing magical about an age--it's what your state of mind is and how much you want to keep living in my opinion!  And the perfect dress or shoes or purse or whatever doesn't make that any more special! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q50 What a waste time

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart 

As someone who has 70 in her  rear view mirror, I can tell you that is ONE birthday that still feels strange to me.

However, I can assure you it comes and goes and you will wonder, "how did I get HERE?"  

Then, life goes on Cat LOL

Just this morning, I was wondering where my 30s went...I was just divorced and still turning heads working as a cocktail waitress in high heels and a mini-skirt.

Nevertheless, I am happy to still be around.

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 

But...were those oven mits "fierce?"

Esteemed Contributor

@PamHeet 

Laughing at your comments....I asked if it was going to be on 6 easy pays. Cat LOL

Valued Contributor

I didn't watch. It seems that they think it's appealing to the shopper or they're just blowing money. Did they believe they'd have a substantial profit from Vegas shows? Don't know but it seems with the economy for most Americans it's not working out so well. The vendors do, but looking at their prices I would doubt it.

Super Contributor

Las Vegas was just a change of scenery, but the same ol', same ol'...

Regular Contributor
@Witchy Woman Lol! Never mind the easy payments, what about auto-delivery? I mean, you can’t risk running out of that!
Honored Contributor

Re: Q50 What a waste time

[ Edited ]

I just had my yearly physical and thank God a clear bill of health. My doc commented that so many women she sees are taking better care of themselves and the population as a whole are living longer than any other generation...into their 80's and 90's. 

So, why draw the line at 50? I still have "possibilities" in my mid-70's. If anything was accomplished by Q with this ridiculous campaign it is to insult many women over 50 still working and feel still in their prime.

Esteemed Contributor

@katie1859 

I only saw one item on free shipping . They charged shipping

Honored Contributor

I think the Q realizes that some of us who have been around forever continue to emphasize that the Q is not the same as it once was.  Clearly they have been trying to bring in younger viewers over the past several years and many of us don't like their pushy, in your face methods.  I think this "over fifty" thing is meant to draw the the old gang back in.

Having said all that, I didn't watch.  It doesn't interest me.