Honored Contributor

Not watching any QVC channels like I used to, but ran across Q2 today and noticed that there was a live show, no host, just three vendors rotating and co hosting together, all from their homes. 

So what is up with this? I heard Q2 was going back to some live programming, but this is not what I expected, and I have to say, the jury is out on whether I like this or not. 

Q2 is already hard to watch because it isn't HD with my provider. Now these shows are coming from vendor's homes, and the quality of the video and lighting isn't all that great in the home settings. 

One of the reasons I like QVC is the ability to see the products and their results up close and in HD. I can see the quality of the components, the kind of job they do (like how clean the towel gets things, how well the vacuum picks up, etc.), the colors, the details etc.

This was a cleaning show, and there was Kylee Watts (forgive the most likely wrong spelling) a Campenelli and one other long time vendor. They were giving counts and item numbers etc. just like a host would. They were bantering back and forth as they went from product to product, attempting to entertain as well. 

So Q got rid of a bunch of hosts just to let the vendors do the work? I might come to appreciate it, but not from home, with poor quality home video and lighting and no HD. If they are going to do this, get them back in the studio for a better quality look at the products. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q2 and vendor only shows?

I agree @Mominohio ....

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah, this is a weird format. I feel like I’m watching an amateur YouTube video demo/review.

Trusted Contributor

I liked it, they interduced there product,and wasn't interrupted by a host telling how many are left, use your q card, better hurry not bringing this product back,when its gone its gone,so refreshing to listen to the vendor without interruptions.tucka.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If this goes over, more hosts may find themselves out of jobs!  I didn't go for it at all.

Respected Contributor

I just came here to ask what was going on.  I turned on the Shoe Shopping show last night and no host.  I did not like it at all.

Regular Contributor

I am not a fan of the vendor hosted shows at all.  It feels very awkward.  I always change the channel.

Honored Contributor

The vendor-only shows have been on Q2 for many weeks now.

I don't mind them at all.  If there's a show I don't want to see on the main channel, and there's a brand I'm very interested in on Q2, I will watch the vendor show when it's Live on Q2.  I never watch pre-recorded shows, so I much prefer these vendor shows instead of repeats.  It's the product that should be center stage, at least for me.  

Some vendors are better than others in their shows.  The best vendor shows are when George and Lori are together for the LOGO shows.  George has many years as a stylist and being on national TV, so his presentation skills and ease of explaining the fashions are fantastic.  Plus, he and Lori have the best chemistry, so they are wonderful presenting together. 

I don't watch the Susan Graver or Temp-Tations solo shows.  But Women With Control, Vionic, and Quacker Factory shows have been pretty good.