Honored Contributor

Q2 Has Started Showing a Lot More LIVE Programming

I’ve been noticing this for a while, and QVC has started mentioning it in their shows.  More live programming on QVC2 hopefully means they can coordinate different products/hosts shows at the same time.  More choices, at least potentially more choices. I never watched the repeat shows.

Gabrielle Kerr starts an hour earlier this morning on Q2 with a jewelry show, before her 10am AM Style Show.

Honored Contributor

Re: Q2 Has Started Showing a Lot More LIVE Programming

often I prefer what is being shown on Q2.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

It's about time QVC got things together internally with technical, support crew, and host  and vendors schedules to make Q2 a viable viewing option with more live programming during the afternoon and prime evening hours.  I would hope to see the channel go live 24-hours, but that may be way down the road, if ever.  For now I think it's a good thing that the live hours have finally been expanded.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

often I prefer what is being shown on Q2.

I often prefer the hosts showing what is shown on Q2.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trix wrote:

It's about time QVC got things together internally with technical, support crew, and host  and vendors schedules to make Q2 a viable viewing option with more live programming during the afternoon and prime evening hours.  I would hope to see the channel go live 24-hours, but that may be way down the road, if ever.  For now I think it's a good thing that the live hours have finally been expanded.  

I think the channel has to support itself.

Good business dictates expanding the hours of live programming only as fast as viewership and purchases increase to support the cost.

The same goes for BeautyiQ.

Honored Contributor

I agree @x Hedge.  Sometimes I hear the totals they bring in to sell Q2's Big Deals are somewhere like 6,000.  You hear countdowns like "2,500 have been picked up so far," and that may be in the 5th presentation of the 24-hr period.  Compare that to the enormous total numbers they bring in for the regular QVC TSV, with 6,000 selling in one show. 

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge I totally get it that QVC management and corporate board would want to see at least a year of sales figures for QVC2 before they invested money into expanding the live hours of the channel.  It stands to reason that they are satisfied enough to give more live hours a try for now.  It's not like they can't pull the plug if this move does not support itself with revenue.  

If I may add my two cents about Beauty IQ, I don't think the format is right to expand it to any more live hours than they presently have.  In fact, I see no reason for that channel at all. The weeknight 4 hours of live programming could easily be placed on QVC and QVC2 throughout the week.  Over a month, the number of live shows using that presentation format would probably be the same.  They could use Elise and Courtney Cason as hosts. Perhaps the shows could get be titled using Elise and Courtney names to identify them as beauty hours which would have the Beauty IQ format.  

Trusted Contributor

I am really enjoying Antonella Nestor on Q2 now!!   She seems so down to earth and nice.

Like someone you'd be able to have a nice coffee with!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trix wrote:

@x Hedge I totally get it that QVC management and corporate board would want to see at least a year of sales figures for QVC2 before they invested money into expanding the live hours of the channel.  It stands to reason that they are satisfied enough to give more live hours a try for now.  It's not like they can't pull the plug if this move does not support itself with revenue.  

If I may add my two cents about Beauty IQ, I don't think the format is right to expand it to any more live hours than they presently have.  In fact, I see no reason for that channel at all. The weeknight 4 hours of live programming could easily be placed on QVC and QVC2 throughout the week.  Over a month, the number of live shows using that presentation format would probably be the same.  They could use Elise and Courtney Cason as hosts. Perhaps the shows could get be titled using Elise and Courtney names to identify them as beauty hours which would have the Beauty IQ format.  

NO PLEASE NO!!!  The weekends are bad enough with all the beauty product shows on already--- in particular IT Cosmetics, Argan Oil, Philosophy, Perricone MD....one of these is on EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND with blocks of shows.(check the program guide)..and they are starting to even monopolize AM STYLE (the only show I watch on weekends anymore)......AND YES I DO CHANGE THE CHANNEL. 

Beauty Products already monopolize Tuesdays and Fridays on Q and they also have a lot of beauty shows durng the day on Q2.......So beauty lines do NOT need to be on even more!!!  The problem is called OVERSATUATION customers can only buy so many beauty items...cosmetics can only be used safely for a shor time---nothing you can store for months and months before its not considered good to use......

And seeing Q's financial report they need to do something to boost their revenue because apparently sales arent going as expected as it is.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Q2 wont do be successful if they just repeat the same limited items on BOTH channels, they are repetitive enough on one channel.  QVC has a lot of products that we only see online that they could put on air....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”