Honored Contributor

Re: Q2 Has Started Showing a Lot More LIVE Programming

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I’ve been noticing this for a while, and QVC has started mentioning it in their shows.  More live programming on QVC2 hopefully means they can coordinate different products/hosts shows at the same time.  More choices, at least potentially more choices. I never watched the repeat shows.

Gabrielle Kerr starts an hour earlier this morning on Q2 with a jewelry show, before her 10am AM Style Show.

@Caaareful Shopper. The guide on my tv does not say which shows on Q2 are live or previously recorded. Sometimes I get disgusted because I’ve recorded many repeated ones.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the Live Programs should have different names than those on QVC or the repeated shows if there’s no other way for the viewer to know which are live programming.

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@x Hedge I totally get it that QVC management and corporate board would want to see at least a year of sales figures for QVC2 before they invested money into expanding the live hours of the channel.  It stands to reason that they are satisfied enough to give more live hours a try for now.  It's not like they can't pull the plug if this move does not support itself with revenue.  

If I may add my two cents about Beauty IQ, I don't think the format is right to expand it to any more live hours than they presently have.  In fact, I see no reason for that channel at all. The weeknight 4 hours of live programming could easily be placed on QVC and QVC2 throughout the week.  Over a month, the number of live shows using that presentation format would probably be the same.  They could use Elise and Courtney Cason as hosts. Perhaps the shows could get be titled using Elise and Courtney names to identify them as beauty hours which would have the Beauty IQ format.  

@Trix. Beauty IQ was started to attract the younger buyer. It’s the same, IMO, as watching youtube tutorials. 

Honored Contributor

I agree @x Hedge.  Sometimes I hear the totals they bring in to sell Q2's Big Deals are somewhere like 6,000.  You hear countdowns like "2,500 have been picked up so far," and that may be in the 5th presentation of the 24-hr period.  Compare that to the enormous total numbers they bring in for the regular QVC TSV, with 6,000 selling in one show. 

@Caaareful Shopper  I don’t believe any of the numbers of items sold the hosts yell out. I think it’s a sale’s tactic to get you to believe if you don’t purchase quickly, you’ll miss out.

At midnight, I’ve heard the hosts say, ‘If you’re interested in yellow, it’s flying out of here. 3,000 sold already & won’t be here by morning”. Well, “yellow” was not only in the morning presentation, but still available in the last show of the day.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I do think there's great liberty in those numbers quoted, but I also think a part of it is because of impulse carting.  I think a lot of custmers put things in their cart to think of them later, but end up removing them.  Then add those that actually purchase, but then cancel 10 minutes later. 

But what I was really getting at in my earlier post is the initial number they say they make available to sell.  On the regular channel you hear that they started the day with, 60,000, for example, of a TSV top.  But on Q2 I have never heard an initial number even in the double digits.  They know the sales forecasts there are still very low, compared to QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Trix. Beauty IQ was started to attract the younger buyer. It’s the same, IMO, as watching youtube tutorials. 

@Shanus I understand QVC created Beauty IQ to appeal to the younger consumers who have become accustomed to viewing You Tube beauty videos, but regardless of the target demographic it's just not format that would seem to elevate sales volume.  Perhaps the tutorial classes as offered in select Sephora stores do work to boost sales because the consumer is actually using using the products and that could generate impulse purchases.   

Honored Contributor

I’ve been noticing this for a while, and QVC has started mentioning it in their shows.  More live programming on QVC2 hopefully means they can coordinate different products/hosts shows at the same time.  More choices, at least potentially more choices. I never watched the repeat shows.

Gabrielle Kerr starts an hour earlier this morning on Q2 with a jewelry show, before her 10am AM Style Show.

@Caaareful Shopper  I guess we can expect another group of newbie hosts to fill those extra hours. Sigh! 😕