Esteemed Contributor

Q2 Deal today - BobM.

[ Edited ]

So, I never have watched the second Q channel until yesterday and today.  I like Bob Mackie - his humor, his stories, his sense of fashion.  I own several of his items, most bought years ago.   I really enjoy watching his shows, though I may not purchase.

I watched the kick off of his "deal" yesterday.  Don 't care for Courtney - she still seems so untrained!!  So I did not particularly like the show.  But I wanted to see more of his clothing.  I watched the next few shows of the Mackie presentations that were on Q2 and they were all repeats of the first show  So my thought...his 25th anniversary and he has a "special".  But in three show times that I watched, he has only been seen in real time once!!!  Maybe I don't get the Q2 method of "special" presentations, but what the heck???  So disappointed.....

Honored Contributor

Maybe the man is not up to a rigorous schedule?  In the past I have enjoyed his gentle manner, pleasant voice and stories.

Honored Contributor

Re: Q2 Deal today - BobM.

[ Edited ]

@corita  @tansy   @He said he'd be on live and in person on Q2 this evening.  If you need measurements on the Big Deal, they're on another thread in Fashion on this subject.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Q2 Deal today - BobM.

[ Edited ]

I always try to watch when Bob Mackie is on - I don't purchase as many of his designs as I once did because my lifestyle now is almost totally casual. But I did see a couple of things I wanted this time and was pleased to be able to order.

I don't understand the constant repetition of the Q2 show with Courtney. It wasn't that well done IMHO, and to constantly offer the same items indicates that they don't seem to be selling well.  Otherwise how could you repeat the same items over and over.  I wasn't happy with Courtney's work on the show either. She seemed nervous.  I also did not like her outfit and her hair was awful.  The shirts presented from Bob disappointed me a bit as well. They were just a wee bit too short IMHO.  I prefer shirts that when worn outside cover down to the beginning of the leg. Again just my idea of what looks best on most women.

Hope there is another show from Bob that is fresher than the reruns on Q2.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@corita@  @tansy   @He said he'd be on live and in person on Q2 this evening.  If you need measurements on the Big Deal, they're on another thread in Fashion on this subject.

----------------------------

Thanks, I did catch it!  I guess I am so used to the QVC way of showing a "special" ten to twelve times in a 24 hour period. Think when there are "special" items from Lori G, Susan Graver, computers, Denim/Co, mattresses, Vitamix, etc.  These products get many showings during the 24 hour period including several hour shows!!  

I just thought it was so strange to have so many repeats of one past show presenting the same items.....