Trusted Contributor

Re: Q very ' misleading'

[ Edited ]

This has been brought up numerous times but I guess some still don't understand the process. The last thing QVC wants is overstock. They DO want to sell out.

If a customer has it in their cart it is "counted" as a sale as well as the number of people waiting on the phone lines. They assume (hoping)  what is on air is what we are purchasing.  This obviously doesn't happen but they can use this so-called tactic since there is the "possibility" that customers are calling to buy the item and we will complete our cart purchase. There are many times items do sell out and remain sold out. 

Yes, they do use the pressure sales tactic for sure. However, they also count the number of customers online and on the phones as a sale. There is also the occasional declined credit card. QVC would love to sell out the items, they don't want these items in inventory for weeks or months, especially seasonal items. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @cjm61 for explaining the issue so clearly yet again.  I really don't understand why anyone would ever think QVC would deceive anyone when their purpose is to drive sales.  If they didn't do it this way, there would just be more complaints about how someone got a confirmation and then the item went to back order or canceled.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember tears from Mally when a TSV was sold out only to show it was still available later in the day at a higher price. Maybe some people cancelled their order or they got more stock at the last minute.

Super Contributor

@ellaphant @The Q does this all the time but don't mention it on here for you will get slammed for saying it, I did.

Valued Contributor

@cjm61 

They are most definitely using pressure tactics to trigger 'panic buyers' -

I have to say it has certainly worked on me more than once! LOL

Specifically Lori Goldstein's beautiful tie dye Limited Edition denim jacket last year, which is just gorgeous and worth every penny!

But I do think the hosts pour on the pressure a bit much at times, Amy Stran will mention dwindling quantities available, 'Don't wait, only one dozen available now!'. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Another sales tactic to panic shoppers.  I was interested in the Bueno boots. They were selling out.  I read the reviews & decided no because of sizing.  This morning no size was sold out & tonight they are still there.

Regular Contributor

Not to mention when shopping online the endless pop ups that say "going fast, hurry" yada yada yada.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
I remember tears from Mally when a TSV was sold out only to show it was still available later in the day at a higher price. Maybe some people cancelled their order or they got more stock at the last minute.

I don't see how that could possibly happen...that a TSV would appear later in the Same day at a higher price.

Nope.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@lgfan wrote:

I don't see how that could possibly happen...that a TSV would appear later in the Same day at a higher price.

Nope.

Mally Evercolor 2-in1 Shadow Stick 6pc Set Auto-Delivery

A637494

Mally Evercolor 2-in1 Shadow Stick 6pc Set Auto-Delivery

You don't have to believe it but the above TSV is still available for purchase.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lgfan - I think it's the idea that the TSV was shown later the same day at a higher price that's being questioned.

I've never heard of them raising the price of a TSV on the same day.  The next day?  Certainly.

Do you remember what the TSV price was?