Contributor
Of course I know all this, just expressing my opinion just as all of you have the right to do also.
Honored Contributor

Does Q check ID to be sure buyers are legal age?  In PA, retailers always ask to see ID when you're buying alcohol.  Or is Q allowed to assume you're legal age if you have a credit card?

Contributor
Of course I know all this, just expressing my opinion just as all of you have the right to do also. As a retired Judge I have seen first hand problem drinking , I am not dictating anything to anyone. I have watched Qvc over twenty years and I was simply expressing my opinion, not meant to start a heated discussion. We can all be respectful of another’s opinion even if we don’t agree, God bless you all.
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Does Q check ID to be sure buyers are legal age?  In PA, retailers always ask to see ID when you're buying alcohol.  Or is Q allowed to assume you're legal age if you have a credit card?

@ValuSkr  When your alcohol is delivered the ups guy has you sign and check ID. At least that is what happens with us when we are sent California Wine Club wine. I believe QVC does the same.

Trusted Contributor

My problem is that I can't order wine from QVC because my state is one of the few that prohibits it.  I may or not order if it wasn't for that restriction. 

Honored Contributor

In Michigan where spirits can be purchased at other outlets your ID is still checked and when delivered also checked.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

So ICK are you going to answer the question? 

Honored Contributor

Why....you do not have to purchase, it's not illegal.

Honored Contributor

All you've expressed is that you wish they wouldn't sell and then go on to tell us you are a retired judge.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q selling alcohol

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

More annoying to me is the hosts constantly drinking wine while selling items on QVC. In all my years of working, it was taboo to drink while on the job! What kind of message is the Q sending to their customers???

I do not for a minute think that they are drinking "real" wine.

@mom2four0418  

You missed my point entirely. "In all my years of working, it was taboo to drink while on the job! What kind of message is the Q sending to their  customers???" 

One of those hosts can't even get out of her pajamas to host the shows. Sitting around in PJ's is far from professional; it's lazy. Remember many years ago when she was single and wore expensive topless dresses and stelleto heels with red soles to "work"? What happened to that well groomed, adorable short- haired host? She's a dual personality who lives in PJ's. What does all this nonsense say to viewers? 

I'd love to hear additional information on the products offered (i.e. length of sleeves, laundry requirements, iron or not, dry cleaning required, french seams, darts, front placket, hem length, fabric information) and much more from the vendor(s) since that host is seldom prepared.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.