Contributor
Really wish they would not sell alcohol
Honored Contributor

Why not? People can certainly make the choice to buy or not to buy.

Honored Contributor

Why?

Grocery stores do, drugs store do, liguor stores do, other websites do, why not QVC?

No one is forced to buy anything from anywhere, and if adults want to buy it they can buy it anywhere they choose.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Q selling alcohol

[ Edited ]

The ease of having a dozen bottles of wine delivered to your front door vs. having to lug it home from a store is probably nice for some people.

Purchasing or not is always a personal choice.  

Respected Contributor

@lck Why should they not offer wine or any other legal substance?

Perhaps it is not "your cup of tea" but why deny others the  choice to enjoy?

If you are worried about sales to underage--no worries--the delivery person has to see ID and get signature on delivery.  I know because I have had wine delivered from QVC.

As a matter of fact I've ordered the Advent calendar wine this year.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

@lck You do understand that the majority of those who drink 'alcohol' do so responsibly, I hope.  

If we tell the Q what they can sell, next we'll have vegans complaining about selling meat. 

We ALL have a choice to do what we feel is right for us, but we can't dictate to others. It's live and let live.

So, if wishes were horses ...

Honored Contributor

I wish they didn't sell things that I don't like but it sure saves me money!

Honored Contributor

Re: Q selling alcohol

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

The ease of having a dozen bottles of wine delivered to your front door vs. having to lug it home from a store is probably nice for some people.

Purchasing or not is always a personal choice.  

@RetRN  Well said and most especially the words PERSONAL CHOICE... Why should they not sell wine when it's clearly a commodity many people enjoy and purchase... I'm not much of a fan of wine or of alcohol, though I enjoy the occasional cocktail, but that doesn't mean I don't think others should have options...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I think it is a great idea!  I have purchased the white wine and the Chardonnay was excellent. Unfortunately, although I was told the Moscato was excellent I am not a fan of sweet wine and wish QVC would consider selling the Chardonnay by itself in a package deal.

Respected Contributor

They also sell assortments of teas here. Enjoy!