Honored Contributor

I think writing that one is a retired judge supposedly give credibility.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I think writing that one is a retired judge supposedly give credibility.

@Group 5 minus 1, the beauty of the internet is that we can be whomever we want. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Q selling alcohol

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

SOOOO still waiting for the reason why opposition to selling wine.

I believe we never hear it!!!!

The OP is not required to give an explanation for her opinion. It is a shopping channel message board, not a courtroom. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

SOOOO still waiting for the reason why opposition to selling wine.

I believe we never hear it!!!!

The OP is not required to given an explanation for her opinion. It is a shopping channel message board, not a courtroom. 

Ahhh, but the o/p is a "retired judge", and judges require evidence and proof in order to render a verdict, so if he/she requires it for their job, then it's only fair for us to require it from them.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

@lck  said: Why should they not offer wine or any other legal substance?

Perhaps it is not "your cup of tea" but why deny others the  choice to enjoy?

If you are worried about sales to underage--no worries--the delivery person has to see ID and get signature on delivery.  I know because I have had wine delivered from QVC.

As a matter of fact I've ordered the Advent calendar wine this year.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

So, it would be okay for them to sell Marijuana too?

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

Re: Q selling alcohol

[ Edited ]

mom2four0418:  You are right.  However, opinions are not allowed in the QVC forum if it differs from the majority.  The OP had every right to post his opinion but because buying the alcohol on QVC makes it convenienct for the customers, of couse they will defend it.  

In response to other comments on this post, alcohol is questionable, just like drugs, cigarettes etc.  I can't see QVC selling those but somehow alcohol made it through, but that doesn't mean it's okay just because people demand something or they sell it here.

I think the OP mentioned he was a judge to express that in that field, he has seen the effects of what alcohol can do to people and even their lives.  

I commend you for defending the OP mom2four0418.  I don't often see that on here.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Contributor
You are correct , the judge comment was in response to the comment someone made about most people drinking responsibly, being a municipal judge in a small southern town I saw the other side and so many young people ruining their lives and others with problem drinking. This simply started out with I wished the Q didn’t sell alcohol, there is no reason for so many to react in such a mean manner. A simple response that you don’t agree would have been sufficient, I am not judging anyone. It is a shame that a topic can’t be discussed without feeling like you are being attacked, I have noticed this on other topics as well , enough said.
Contributor
@mom2four0418,
I agree with the above
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

More annoying to me is the hosts constantly drinking wine while selling items on QVC. In all my years of working, it was taboo to drink while on the job! What kind of message is the Q sending to their customers???

I do not for a minute think that they are drinking "real" wine.

@mom2four0418 

Perhaps I have missed it but I don't really focus on them holding the glasses of wine, but I have never seen one host even sip from the glass. 

Contributor
@momtofour0418
On page seven I made the comment that I agreed with the above, still learning how to post on the forum, I was referring to the post about the unprofessional presentations.