Regular Contributor

Welcome to 2021...your about 100 year from prohibition times.  Dont buy if you dont want...just like all their other products.

Respected Contributor

That didn't happen with me.

FedEx rang the bell and were about to leave with the wine. But when I opened the door, they handed the wine to me without asking for an I.d.
I didn't have to sign anything. 

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

That didn't happen with me.

FedEx rang the bell and were about to leave with the wine. But when I opened the door, they handed the wine to me without asking for an I.d.
I didn't have to sign anything. 

@deeva  My deliveries have always been UPS and always asked except for once during the pandemic, they just left it by the door. The driver knows I am older though.

Honored Contributor

Re: Q selling alcohol

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady - Well, if the "well-groomed, adorable short-haired host" wore topless dresses on air, I guess that answers the poster's question of what happened to her.  Can't imagine QVC allowing that!  Woman Surprised

That would probably cause more of an uproar than selling wine.  (Maybe she'd had too much to drink while working???)

(I've just mentioned this to my husband and he said to be sure to let him know next time she does that.  He said it would give him a reason to watch QVC.)

Super Contributor

I've ordered wine from QVC several times and find it very convenient to have it delivered to my home.  I always have it in the wine rack now and enjoy sampling different wines.  I've never been disappointed, but I'm not a wine connoisseur and pretty much enjoy all different types.

Occasional Contributor

Oh, please.  Would you rather be in the road with someone going to the store to buy/drink maybe on the road?  The alsohol sells don't bother me - I need the time to do chores!  LoL. 

whatvis getting a little old is the hots drinking a big glass of wine whoever they are on past 5 pm.!  Talk about manipulation. We are not all at home drinking while shopping. Seeing them drink is like I'm at a bar. Not a fan. 

Occasional Contributor

Then why pretend you are drinking?  They want to be "real" but lie about drinking the wine - in wine glasses, etc.!  Are we being played?  Is it all disingenuous?  

Do not like the tacky dressing and the wine drinking. I can go to most any bar and see that. Give me glam classy hosts - PLEASE!

Occasional Contributor

People are not nice. Leave the poor man alone. He is entitled to his opinion!

Respected Contributor

@Oddiv000 wrote:

People are not nice. Leave the poor man alone. He is entitled to his opinion!

What man are you referring to?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

SOOOO still waiting for the reason why opposition to selling wine.

I believe we never hear it!!!!