Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

More annoying to me is the hosts constantly drinking wine while selling items on QVC. In all my years of working, it was taboo to drink while on the job! What kind of message is the Q sending to their customers???

I do not for a minute think that they are drinking "real" wine.

@mom2four0418  

You missed my point entirely. "In all my years of working, it was taboo to drink while on the job! What kind of message is the Q sending to their  customers???" 

One of those hosts can't even get out of her pajamas to host the shows. Sitting around in PJ's is far from professional; it's lazy. Remember many years ago when she was single and wore expensive topless dresses and stelleto heels with red soles to "work"? What happened to that well groomed, adorable short- haired host? She's a dual personality who lives in PJ's. What does all this nonsense say to viewers? 

I'd love to hear additional information on the products offered (i.e. length of sleeves, laundry requirements, iron or not, dry cleaning required, french seams, darts, front placket, hem length, fabric information) and much more from the vendor(s) since that host is seldom prepared.  

@BirkiLady 

i'm sorry if you feel that I missed your point. I was commenting on the "wine" discussion. You seem to be angry about other issues involving one of the hosts. I don't watch QVC programming, but if a shopping channel was not to my liking, I would take my business elsewhere. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@lck wrote:
Really wish they would not sell alcohol

I don't mind them selling it, just sick of the girl host sitting around and acting like their cool with a glass. Especially when their selling clothes. knock off the look. I have bought wine from QVC, but don't carry a glass with me when I get dressed to go out, does nothing for my outfit.,neither for what their selling.

Frequent Contributor

Who cares who you are, or if you are a "retired judge"?  Last I checked this is the USA and purchasing alcohol is legal.  Many people enjoy wine responsibly.  Keep your inflammatory opinion to yourself.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Q selling alcohol

[ Edited ]

@Emmie1165 wrote:

Who cares who you are, or if you are a "retired judge"?  Last I checked this is the USA and purchasing alcohol is legal.  Many people enjoy wine responsibly.  Keep your inflammatory opinion to yourself.  

I thought that opinions were allowed in the USA..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

Why do I get the impression that it is the WINE Glass that gets people riled up? Even though it´s not wine that´s in the glass, the fact that it´s a wine glass, that does it.  Guess they should get rid of the wine glass and use a coffee mug instead and pretend that they are drinking wine.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered 12 bottle of  all reds for Dec 6 

I'm very happy they sell wine!

Esteemed Contributor

There is nothing inherently evil about wine. People have been drinking it for eons. Yes, some people drink too much but per capita alcoholism is lower in countries where wine is part of culture, e.g., meals with family, than it is in the USA. Therefore, I see nothing wrong with selling it on QVC. People can also eat too much sugar, starch, and fat...to the point where it affects health. QVC can sell those goodies too. We can decide whether or not we choose to buy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I ordered 12 bottle of  all reds for Dec 6 

I'm very happy they sell wine!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I´ve only ordered once. Now i have to check the site to see what´s available.

Frequent Contributor

They are mommajamma!  But when they become judgemental be ready for push back.  Hence the comments here...

Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04I got this one:

M78534
SH12/6 Vintage Wine Estates 12 Holiday Wines

Normally I buy French Reds from Trader Joe's but I don't know if I'll feel like driving there in the winter