Valued Contributor

Re: Q's shipping prices have increased

@Lipstickdivadepends on their business model and how each company chooses to assign shipping values, and where it reflects in the P&L (profit and loss). Bottom line is, if we don't like the increase, or we don't like the charges, then we can choose to express that with our wallet. Then supply increases, demand decreases and they have inventory they can't move.

New Contributor

Not only have shipping prices gone up, but if you order something on easy pay - than return it. You are paying more back than the original $3, now $3.50. It wasn’t enough that  they slipped that little extra in. Now, right before Xmas they raise the shipping. No warning, nothing posted, that I saw. While on the subject of prices, I have lost all faith in the Value  in QVC.  One day the price can be $68 on clearance. The next day, or even a few hours later, it is $20, than back up to $68.  So what is the value?  I thought clearance meant the end, lowest price. I boUght something on clearance, thinking I was getting a good deal. The price dropped two more times in the next week, It’s getting to the point where I feel like they are always getting over on me in more ways than one! Since, they were acquired by the same company that operates HSN, alot has changed and not for the better.

Honored Contributor

One thing that people tend to forget, when comparing online retailers, is that QVC is also paying for two TV channels, all the hosts that present the items and the rest of the crew that run the on-air operations.  Nor do they allow easy-pay.

None of the other retailers, like Amazon, have that overhead.  There are no live demonstrations of products.  That may not matter to some people, but it is a huge cost.

Honored Contributor

Yesterdays TSV (the face cleansing cloths)  was $3.00 for shipping.  If it was lower or free, I would have bought more than one set.  No way was I going to pay $9.00 for shipping on three sets.  I bought two sets of Honora earrings on the same order and shipping was $6.00--seemed like a lot since other "stores" ship for free.

Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

One thing that people tend to forget, when comparing online retailers, is that QVC is also paying for two TV channels, all the hosts that present the items and the rest of the crew that run the on-air operations.  Nor do they allow easy-pay.

None of the other retailers, like Amazon, have that overhead.  There are no live demonstrations of products.  That may not matter to some people, but it is a huge cost.

The overhead cost is a QVC problem.  Yes, I watch QVC for the live demonstrations of items I'm interested in buying.  When it comes to make a purchsase, I buy where more money stays w/me.

Too bad for QVC, but that's the way it is w/most savy shoppers.

Contributor

Yep!  Shipping prices up and shipping times still as slow as molasses!  I, like others have stated, will really consider before purchasing anything going forward.  

Honored Contributor

@Sylanne- Like people who go into a bookstore and look through a book, then order online, if it's cheaper.

Or go to a B&M store to check out a product, then buy online.

True, it's the problem of the B&M retailer (or QVC with its on-air presence), but it's still a factor, right or wrong.

Super Contributor

@A1brat I started shopping here back in 1989/90. I LOVED everything about QVC then and I was literally a walking advertisement for them. Pretty much all of my clothes, shoes, jewelry, makeup, purses, and electronics came from here. I rarely go into B&M stores any more and it all started with the Quality, Value and Convenience I found here.

That starting changing about 8 years ago. They started having issues with their sizing being all over the place, their prices started creeping up, and they started having crazy shipping costs right when other eRetailers were becoming more prominent with their free shipping. Once there was real online competition for my business, I bought less and less from here. 

People will say the cost of fuel is why their shipping price is high, and yet that doesn’t seem to affect other retailers. And yes, the prices at other retailers have the free shipping built in to them, but I still find the competition has better prices. Now, if I find something that Q has that I’m interested in...I Google the item and ALWAYS find it elsewhere for less. Obviously this doesn’t pertain to their private house brands...but for me, Denim & Co. and Susan Graver have gone crazy with their pricing. When you realize that you can find deep discounts for name brand items elsewhere, it’s crazy to spend $50 for a D&C top. That doesn’t mean that I never shop here...but I’m a lot more selective about what I do buy here, where in the past they had ALL of my shopping dollars.

Please note...I am just making statements that are true for me, and I really understand that people will make their choices based on what’s right for them. I mean no insult to those who are loyal fans of the Q and their brands. To each their own. 😊

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Super Contributor

HSN shipping for clothing has also gone up to 3.50.

I used to buy two of the same items at a time to save on shipping from both QVC and HSN.  Now when I want two of the same item, I wait a couple of days in between ordering so they will ship separate.  That way the package is smaller and will fit in my mailbox better, and if it gets lost or stolen it will be less money.  But I always combined orders when you got reduced shipping for doing so.

Honored Contributor

Look at what QVC/HSN spend on hosts salaries, sets, etc.  Amazon doesn't have those costs.  Disappointed in the "merger" and don't think it is doing the consumer any favors or benefits.  Will be doing more local shopping or online where I get free shipping.