Contributor

Re: Q's shipping prices have increased

I don't understand how most of the large companies ship free on anything or if the order is over a certain amount and QVC cannot do this too!!!  I look at shipping costs first and if it is too much, I don't order.  What I really hate is paying for each item even if you order several of the same item!!!

Respected Contributor

Currently until the ending time ( 4 p.m. ? ) on lunchtime specials there is free shipping . I am going to buy a D& Co. piece for summertime. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It was bound to happen since Usps and UPS are both increasing their rates.  I wonder how these two entities justify this increase since fuel prices are down?

@Kachina624   That is a very good question.  I see a problem already here with the minimum wage increase.   Walmart has cut way back on their help.  They are cutting hours for the employees that are there.  The store is packed and the shelves are empty.  Who cuts back on help at Christmas?   

Back to Q,  I think they offered a lot more free shipping days last year.  I personally don't buy, if I don't watch, so by having the same items over and over and over and over mekes me turn my TV off.  The other bad thing is not offering a break on multiple items.   I joined Amazon last Feb. and they are getting most of my business now. 

I have managed to find a few things at Q, but not like other years.  I also feel that some of the hosts are not watchable.  Seriously I watched a show the other night and this was one of the older hosts, and all she did was pose for the camera.  I don't turn on Q to watch a host pose.  LOL  

Valued Contributor

Keep in mind, the companies that do not charge shipping are adding the markup into the item. Also, companies generally have a yearly price increase, why should we assume shipping wouldn't increase? Fuel may be at a reasonable rate, but the cost to repair the trucks the items are delivered in has not decreased, nor has the drivers wages.

Honored Contributor

You're lucky if you can find shoes that ship on QVC for $5.50.  Many of them are in excess of $10.00, just like handbags.

@MandyG06, companies that off free s/h may build it in to the price of the item but many times, I can still find the items cheaper elsewhere with the free s/h.  Just for instance, I can buy Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser for the same price at Nordstrom as QVC and with Nordstrom, I get free s/h.  So how is the s/h built into that price?  Or is QVC building in s/h plus charging me for it?

Last week I ordered a pair of boots from an on-line site.  I paid a total of $56.68.  The boots were on sale, had a coupon plus free s/h.  The exact boots (same name brand, same exact boot) on QVC are $125.00 plus $10.97.  Not sure exactly how they built the s/h into the cost.   

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  - I agree!  Many things are cheaper or the same price on Amazon and I get free shipping.  Even with building in the annual fee Amazon charges, still worth it.  I do like easy pay though Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Yesterday, I mailed a small package to a friend.  It was about a 6" x 6" box with a few small items in it (so small I couldn't get her Christmas card in and had to mail that separately).  The box and contents weighed just over a pound.

Because it was over the weight limit, it couldn't go first class, so I mailed it priority.  It cost $9.85!  Puts the cost of $3.00 or $3.50 in perspective for items of clothing.

I don't like to pay shipping costs any more than the next person, but it's going to have to be paid for somewhere along the line, one way or another.  I've just curtailed what I buy online and try to shop on free shipping days or when things are on clearance.

I sell on ebay, and have found splitting an order (2 first class pkgs) can be cheaper than paying for that one - 2 lb rate - going priority.

Valued Contributor

I also noticed the shipping increase, just now  - hmmm... did they think no one would notice?

Good reason for me to quit shopping (for awhile)

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe.  I'd say I place 2-3 orders a week at Amazon.  It's a real pain (literally) for me to walk through a big store so Amazon is a Godsend.  I'm so glad I live during a time when we have these conveniences.  I also get big, 40lb bags of dog food delivered from Amazon for which I'm thankful everytime they come.

Q's policy on not giving a price break on multiple items has really hurt them whether they realize it or not, especially on inexpensive gift items.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BalletBabe.  I'd say I place 2-3 orders a week at Amazon.  It's a real pain (literally) for me to walk through a big store so Amazon is a Godsend.  I'm so glad I live during a time when we have these conveniences.  I also get big, 40lb bags of dog food delivered from Amazon for which I'm thankful everytime they come.

Q's policy on not giving a price break on multiple items has really hurt them whether they realize it or not, especially on inexpensive gift items.

I feel the same way about Chewy!!  Forty pounds of litter shipped for free and often times overnight!!  And it's still cheaper than my local pet store!!  And of course I love Amazon. :-)