Honored Contributor

Q's return package fees are much BETTER than PO/UPS...

For us that think the return fees are expensive using the pre-paid label, here's what I learned today.

I took a chance and ordered a Women in Control TSV.  They were too wide in the leg part so I decided to send back.  (A smaller size would definitely be too small).

I packaged them in a "standard 8x11"" envelope and addressed to Q return center.  Took to PO -- holy crow it was $7.55 WITHOUT insurance to return.  Then, I asked why so high -- based on "size" not volume and fees have gone up!

So, from now on I'll stick with the pre-paid label provided since its certainly cheaper.

Plus, no more clothing, shoes for me ordering through Q -- cost me $10.00 to try it on!!!

(Even using the online USPS it was more).

Honored Contributor

Re: Q's return package fees are much BETTER than PO/UPS...

It really depends.  I sent back eyeliners and it only cost me $3.74 to send them back.  Using the QVC label would have cost me $6.95.  Jewelry is cheaper to send back on your own as well.

Anything else I have found is cheaper to use the Q label.  Actually that goes with any of the shopping channels.  

If I am returning multiple items to Evine, I always return on my own because with them, if you return multiples together, you are charged a return label fee for EACH item.  So I package them together and return on my own. That is cheaper than the return label fee for each item.

I got burned on a pair of boots last year.  I decided to return them on my own and it cost me over $13.00 and the return label fee was $8.95.     

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It can go either way.  Sometimes it pays off to use their label, other times you would be better off paying up front.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It really depends.  I sent back eyeliners and it only cost me $3.74 to send them back.  Using the QVC label would have cost me $6.95.  Jewelry is cheaper to send back on your own as well.

Anything else I have found is cheaper to use the Q label.  Actually that goes with any of the shopping channels.  

If I am returning multiple items to Evine, I always return on my own because with them, if you return multiples together, you are charged a return label fee for EACH item.  So I package them together and return on my own. That is cheaper than the return label fee for each item.

I got burned on a pair of boots last year.  I decided to return them on my own and it cost me over $13.00 and the return label fee was $8.95.     

I have return multiples together to Evine and always have been charged for one return.

Respected Contributor

The pre paid label was ten dollars to return the Christmas tree I sent back.....I shudder to think what it would have cost to send that huge box back on my own dime ! 😳.

Honored Contributor

I agree that CURRENTLY their return shipping prices aren't bad.  But {whisper}, don't tell them or they'll raise the prices.....  Shhhhhh...

Valued Contributor

USPS and UPS prices have skyrocketed for us ordinary mortals. I guess to subsidize the very low shipping costs delivery services offer to Amazon, Walmart, and other large corporations. If they don’t get you coming, they’ll get you going!

Honored Contributor

If you're willing to wait 3 weeks for a refund, in my experience, which I'm not.

I return on my own dime, it gets to QVC in 3 days usually, I give them 4-5 days after that to process and see a credit, then I call CS with the tracking #, they verify it and issue the refund.

Of course, I don't order large, heavy items either.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I wanted to add: If I buy cosmetics I usually am replacing same item OR I've shopped around to make sure even w/shipping it's good price.

I mailed small 6x5 box to my niece today (picture & frame from our visit -- first class it was $7.95.😯 I should have just carried it with me on my trip next month to see her but I wanted her to have it now.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

If you're willing to wait 3 weeks for a refund, in my experience, which I'm not.

I return on my own dime, it gets to QVC in 3 days usually, I give them 4-5 days after that to process and see a credit, then I call CS with the tracking #, they verify it and issue the refund.

Of course, I don't order large, heavy items either.

I don't find the problem to be GETTING TO the Q.  The problem is the Q limbo where it waits to be checked in, processed, and then refunded.  That labyrinth is where things are delayed, misplaced, and/or disappear.