Esteemed Contributor

Q's West Coast distribution center to open in 6 months; cut delivery times up to 4 days

says the article which is here.

"The new facility in Ontario should shrink delivery times up to four days, Reid said"

We on the west coast typically have to wait at least 10-12 days, sometimes more, from the date of order to get our stuff so this would be big news.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: Q's West Coast distribution center to open in 6 months; cut delivery times up to 4 days

what took so long ? maybe this will save me plenty of express delivery charges from East Coast to LA.

Honored Contributor

Re: Q's West Coast distribution center to open in 6 months; cut delivery times up to 4 days

Huh........I hope they realize that Arizona is right next door.    You would be surprised at the number of my out-of-state pals who don't have a clue about WHERE Arizona is located...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Huh........I hope they realize that Arizona is right next door.    You would be surprised at the number of my out-of-state pals who don't have a clue about WHERE Arizona is located...............

Arizona is right between Alaska and Arkansas, right?  lol

Honored Contributor

@Deb1010yetagain wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I love your alphabetical LOGIC, but one of these geographically challenged people thinks it right between Syria and Somalia.............they fear for my life because I live in a war zone..........NO, I'm NOT kidding....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Excellent news.   It is disappointing for people in the western US to have to wait so long for packages. I'm waiting now for 3. It's also good for Ontario as there will be jobs. Thank you QVC. Maybe even an outlet store eventually?

Honored Contributor

What took so long for them to do this? Their delivery is pony express right now.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Deb1010yetagain wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I love your alphabetical LOGIC, but one of these geographically challenged people thinks it right between Syria and Somalia.............they fear for my life because I live in a war zone..........NO, I'm NOT kidding....................

That is truly frightening, desertDi.

This is good news, regardless of the fact that they didn't do it sooner. You know, glass half full and all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just thought of something else. Ontario has an airport which has been suffering lack of use. This will be good for the airport and very convenient for QVC. It's s win for all, including western customers.

Honored Contributor

Good for Ontario!  I've been down there numerous times.  Hope things pick up for the airport.  It's a great little airport.

They actually have warehouses all over the place.   I get a lot of my orders from the Sacramento center.   If it weren't for the slow processing on QVC's part, I'd get my orders in one day, as Sacto is just a one-day ground destination for me.   But, still, it saves all those days traveling across the country so I'm always glad when I see that my order has left from Sac.