Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I just received a post card from QVC. I thought maybe they were offering  a percentage off a purchase or maybe a free shipping on an item but no, just a post card letting me know it's their birthday month. I already knew that from the many announcements made. Just a waste of $$$.

Respected Contributor

I received it also and thought it was also a waste of money.

Trusted Contributor

Instead of sending out postcards telling us something we already know, why don't they reward their customers with free shipping?  Use the money they spent on sending out the cards for something that would benefit customers.  

Honored Contributor

For what they spent to print and mail those postcards, they could've given free shipping, to show some appreciation for their customers.

Without the buyers, they wouldn't be in business.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

The other day, I received a postcard from HSN offering me $5 off a purchase of $20 or more. At least that's something I can use. 

Esteemed Contributor

What a huge waste of money, although the post office needs all the business it can get.  Are we all supposed to jump for joy because QVC is celebrating something that everyone has?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

It does seem silly and totally unnecessary.   It must cost a fortune to send those cards and yes, how about a coupon or free shipping????   It's like the ridiculously expensive medical  insurance that feel they need to send new cards every 6 months, stop the mailing and lower the fees!!

Valued Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Instead of sending out postcards telling us something we already know, why don't they reward their customers with free shipping?  Use the money they spent on sending out the cards for something that would benefit customers.  

Wish they would learn from their sister channel HSN.  Received email today 20% off coupon code for one day.Rather get mail offering  the 20%off then seeing a postcard  telling me it's "BIRTHDAY MONTH" we can see by watching the Q .

Why can't the Q offer a deal like that even if just for their BIRTHDAY .

Respected Contributor

I also received the mailing. Was disappointed there was no coupon. I get frequent mailings from Kohls that always include a discount. Was anyone else also taken aback that Alberti was on the card ? I found it odd that he identifies hi self as an "entertaining enthusiast"   I've seen no evidence he  knows anything about cooking.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I also received the mailing. Was disappointed there was no coupon. I get frequent mailings from Kohls that always include a discount. Was anyone else also taken aback that Alberti was on the card ? I found it odd that he identifies hi self as an "entertaining enthusiast"   I've seen no evidence he  knows anything about cooking.

@Reever  I've seen videos of him getting ready to entertain in his home. Cooking, setting a lovely table, etc. he seemed quite knowledgeable to me. This was a few years ago.