Super Contributor

Q playing games - doesn't post negative reviews Shady indeed

Wrote a negative review two days ago - it still hasn't posted. The Q does this repeatedly - the bad reviews do not post. Shady, very shady. What does the monitor have to comment on this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Q playing games - doesn't post negative reviews Shady indeed

QVC sometimes takes several days to post reviews. I just checked my review history and I've got quite a few one and two star reviews that posted. One of my negative reviews didn't get posted, but one of my 5 star reviews was also not posted.

Honored Contributor

@BesottedwithEskies wrote:

Wrote a negative review two days ago - it still hasn't posted. The Q does this repeatedly - the bad reviews do not post. Shady, very shady. What does the monitor have to comment on this?

Nothing, because (1) you may not have followed the clearly stated rules for writing reviews, and (2) the moderators for the discussion forums wouldn't have a clue.

Do I think QVC manipulates reviews? Heck yes. Do I think that every review someone writes meets the posting criteria? No.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Sorry, but this issue has been addressed repeatedly and the answer is always the same.  Both positive and hagative reviews get posted -  but there's a delay.

I know QVC posts negative reviews - I rarely look for reviews, but yesterday long after her show, I want to look at something Graver and noticed plenty of nagatives along with the positives.

Wait a couple of days and check again. 

Honored Contributor

One of the reasons I don't trust reviews is that there's no way to know whether they're true or not.  Noithing at all to do with QVC ncessarily.  Some of the most manipulated reviews apparently are restaurant and hotel reviews.

I have to say, I very often don't trust what I read right here in the forums.  One reasons is that too many posters vent and then find out they made a mistake.  Some actually have the integrity to come back and admit their errors.  Sadly, the headline is already out there and the reputation of a company is scarred. Sort of like a false crime charge in the bigger world.  People remember the charge -  they don't remember the trial exonerating the alleged perpetrator.

Honored Contributor

I have a hard time believing these posts.  I often see many negative reviews.  One merely has to check out the Lunchtime Specials on any given day, for example!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

In all my years (since CVN) shopping here, I have never had a review not posted and I have left plenty of negative reviews.

I do agree though that reviews EVERYWHERE are munipulated.

My BFF works for a well known cosmetics company.  They were each given a tiny sample of a new line sold exclusively at Sephora.  They were told to go online and post postive reviews within 3 days.

She wouldn't do it.

Honored Contributor

I have written negative reviews and they have been posted.  I haven't written any reviews recently so maybe something has changed. 

Honored Contributor

I see plenty of negative reviews.  I'm not sure 2 days is enough time for it to appear.  You get the option to get an email when your review posts.  At least that option was there last time I wrote a review.

Honored Contributor

@BesottedwithEskies wrote:

This statement is absolutely untrue.   I write a lot of reviews (top 100 reviewer)  and I've had many unfavorable reviews published and have read many that others have written. 

@BesottedwithEskies   Did you bother to read the standards for posting reviews before writing your reviews and making ridiculous accusations?   That might give you a good idea of why yours wasn't posted.   The most common reason is when a writer tries to broach what is essentially a customer service issue.   Read and learn. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment