Honored Contributor

Q is saying some jewelry arrives before 12/25

Hubbs say,"Pity the fool".

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q is saying some jewelry arrives before 12/25

[ Edited ]

Agreed. I have a package that was supposed to be delivered Monday by FedEx. It was delayed to Tuesday then Wednesday and now it's supposed to be delivered today. So if anyone thinks they are going to get something from QVC delivered in a week they are mistaken. And this package was from California and I live in Arizona so it's not like it had to travel cross country.

Honored Contributor

If Q ships it promptly...and it doesn't arrive?  That's on the delivery service.

Better yet, it is on US for not shopping earlier like we have been warned to do by everyone for months and months.

Sorry, No sympathy from me if you waited that long.

If I had a gift that was late, I'd print a pretty picture and let the recipient know it should be here any day.  No one should be ungrateful or angry with all the issues going on.

Fed Ex is the worse in our area.  They have delayed shipments (NONE QVC) by over a week....list them as 'out for delivery' for days, and totally lost others.

Honored Contributor

every year they do a last minute jewelry show, why not do it earlier in the season, doesn't make sense to me at all

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

If Q ships it promptly...and it doesn't arrive?  That's on the delivery service.

Better yet, it is on US for not shopping earlier like we have been warned to do by everyone for months and months.

If I had a gift that was late, I'd print a pretty picture and let the recipient know it should be here any day.  No one should be ungrateful or angry with all the issues going on.

Fed Ex is the worse in our area.  They have delayed shipments (NONE QVC) by over a week....list them as 'out for delivery' for days, and totally lost others.

christmas comes the same day every year, people can plan for it 

Respected Contributor

I avoid buying from retail, whenever possible, that uses FedEx. Next to LaserShip they are the worst. Of course, realize we all have our own opinions on favorite or not carriers.

My Kirks Folly items purchased 12/14 have already been bundled and shipped UPS. Socks TSV purchased Monday also shipped USPS. None of these are gifts but looking forward especially to my Kirks Folly items. I watched their YouTube video of these items so saw presentation of what I purchased.
Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

This is true, but then QVC needs to stop guaranteeing items before Christmas since they have no control on when the delivery service will deliver the items.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom 

I don't think and am surprised they would guarantee ANYTHING these days!  So much is uncertain.

But they aren't the only ones....I have an INbox full of emails promising me lots of things!

Marketing ploy I am sure.

The only one is Barefoot Dreams (direct) sent an email thanking customers but saying right out....ain't gonna happen by Christmas.

Literally almost EVERY single retailer does this foolhearty promise.

I'm smart enough NOT to bank on it.

Trusted Contributor

One more time: neither QVC or any retailer has an iota of control of their shipments once they leave the warehouse. The USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc are the ones responsible for delivery. Every year there are the people who wait until the very last second to order and then whine about how QVC ruined their Christmas. If you want your gifts in time for the holiday, then order at least a month before. At this late date anyone who depends on delivery by Christmas may be disappointed. Best to go to a brick and mortar store and shop. That is the only way you are certain to have your gifts on time.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@RespectLife 

I'm not surprised by this about FedEx, there has been a story in the news  where cops in Alabama found over 400 FedEx packages discarded in a ravine on private property.

They tracked the driver down (since fired and now charged with a felony), who admitted that when he got tired of delivering packages for the day, he would dump the rest in this ravine, hoping they wouldn't be found.

Fed Ex had to send out FedEx drivers from around the country, to recover the packages, while cops guarded them until retrieval.

FedEx Driver Accused Of Discarding Packages Has Been Arrested | Birmingham, AL Patch

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.