Frequent Contributor

Q has just lost me as a customer

I live in Anchorage, Alaska and always experience higher shipping costs, but QVC makes it criminal. I ordered 2 LOGO pieces and the $6 shipping turned into $20. That is ridiculous especially since they will ship together and for less that the original $6. I could put it in a USPS priority box and get it to me a whole lot cheaper than $20. My friends in the financial world would call that making shipping a profit center. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Q has just lost me as a customer

When free shipping is offered, does it also apply to AK and HI?  If so, seek those items.

Trusted Contributor

Even in the lower 48, QVC uses shipping as just another source of revenue.  They really stick it to their customers.

Honored Contributor

QVC has never denied that it uses shipping fees to help balance the budget.  Maddening but not criminal.  Isn't everything you buy in Alaska a lot more expensive than what you'd pay in the lower 48?  Consider Evine's s&h fees...$6.99 for a piece of jewelry which they put in an envelope with 2 or 3 of your other jewelry purchases.  Then they send it the cheapest way possible.  You could pay  close to $30. to ship four little rings.  Heavens knows what they charge Alaskans.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I dunno........but I worked in the supply business for years, and everything we shipped to AK went by air..........unless the customer specified by "sea" (which could only be done during the summer months).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I live in Anchorage, AK also and S&H is ridiculous. Even when they have free shipping days it is only for the conus 48 states.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear this QVCPal.  Hope this thread can help get you met in the middle with shipping....from SC

Respected Contributor

@QVCPal

Just curious—do other companies charge more for Alaska?  Say, Amazon, Macy’s, Overstock?  

Trusted Contributor

You don't think the S&H is really free, so you? I'm pretty sure it's added to the retail price so you're not getting any kind of break.

Trusted Contributor

I visited alaska and WOW, things are so expensive.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!