Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q changed my payment method from check to Q card & shipped my order!

Holy cow! Never had that happen. Something sounds very wrong O/P?

Trusted Contributor

This may have been a simple error on the OP's part. If one has multiple payment methods on one's account, one can quite easily choose the wrong method accidentally. Very few people actually carefully review everything before confirming the order when we are placing an order with a retailer we use on a regular basis.

If, as a matter of business, QVC were changing customers' payment methods, I am sure more people would be shouting from the rooftops.

Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2014 Bikkie said:

You probably clicked the wrong payment method.

That's what I'm thinking. It is doubtful that they would just arbitrarily change a payment method.

Furthermore, I think they should get rid of that check option. It sounds like it is used by way too many people to just hold an item and decide later if they really want to complete the order.

If the OP were actually planning to purchase it in good faith - what's hurt...the amount charged is the amount they were going to pay anyway, right? Smiley Wink Then just make a payment from your checking account, in that amount, to your QCard and all is well. You won't have paid any interest because you paid it right away. Even if you wait until your next QCard statement you won't be paying a penny more.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2014 Bungo said:

Advice from Dave Ramsey: Never give ANYONE access to your checking account.

My opinion of Dave Ramsey aside, how is using the option of paying by check giving someone access to your checking account?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

On 2/1/2014 jsb said:

I placed an order for the Re-body TSV using "check" as the payment method. Received an email a few hours ago saying that my order shipped. My payment method was changed to "Q card" and not by me! Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Talked to CS & it seems that while I thought I had changed the payment to "check" after initially clicking "Q card" - the change never actually occurred. They were extremely nice about the whole situation.

KYToby - I'm sure you are right, I must not have verified the change before placing the order!

Thanks to all of you for your responses - I certainly feel like the fool now! Next time I'll call CS before posting like this - I should have realized that the Q couldn't be changing peoples' payment methods. I was just so surprised & unjustly irritated by the email.

SORRY for not thinking first - menopause has stolen my mind!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Glad everything is sorted out. It is so easy to do; I cannot count the number of times I have done it.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2014 Bungo said:

Advice from Dave Ramsey: Never give ANYONE access to your checking account.

I agree .... it's a very bad idea.