Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q card raising interest rates (?)

@icezeus wrote:

I am surprised that people actually use them. I can just imagine what the interest rate is.

I have to agree with you, icezeus.  Interest rates on store credit cards is crazy.  One would never get the balance down if lured by easy pays.

Esteemed Contributor

The interest rate is currently 26.24% with late fee penalty of 37.00

Super Contributor

Thanks for the info .. time to pay it off with tax refund .. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is going to be a "perfect storm" for the Q.  Rallying new customers with the Qcard with the  incentive of easy pay.  I'm sure many unfortunately will get in trouble and THEN stop shopping here.

Occasional Contributor

Raising the interest rate on the Qcard to over 26% is ridiculous!  When HSN increased their rates several years ago I sent them a letter requesting that they cancel my card due to their increased interest rates.  I then received a letter back that they would waive the increased rates on my account - LOL!  Too late - they lost me as a customer. 

Sadly, I believe I am going the same route with QVC.  Less and less quality, even on name brands.  Misleading shipping costs, lost packages, receiving other customer's returns - it all adds up to dissatisfaction.  And almost everything they offer can be found cheaper with a few internet searches.

In my opinion, this interest rate increase is pure profit for them.

Respected Contributor

If you pay your balance off every month like you should, you wouldn't care if the interest was 100%. Please don't carry credit card debt. It's evil.