Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q card issues

[ Edited ]

Hhmmm, When my last QCard bill came it had one item on it (2 sets of 3 supercloths) and the 1st of 5 easy payments was due. I double checked the total $$ of the order in my account info and sent in a check NOT for the easy pay but for the full amount of the order last week and it has already cleared Synchrony Bank.

Respected Contributor

@sugar22 wrote:

Im going to stop using my Q card because Synchrony doesn't allow me to pay the entire amount.  I think they want to get interest on the outstanding balance.  It's ridiculous to only be able to pay $25 when my balance is $37!  Customer service was unable to help so I'm done with the Q card.

If you have signed up for a Synchrony online account you have the option of paying "statement balance", "current balance", "total minimum payment due" or "other amount". Are you referring to the easy pay installments? If so then Synchrony will not allow you to pay more than the outstanding balance. You would have to (through your Q account) pay the installments so that they will credit to your QCard earlier. 

I only use the Q card when there is a really good promotion...I allow the first payment then change my card to my credit card to pay remaining instalments.

Honored Contributor

I have many cards that use Synchrony.

I always pay my balance in full every month on all of them.  No matter how small or large.

I think the OP needs to call Synchrony.  She is clearly not understanding her payment options.

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I have many cards that use Synchrony.

I always pay my balance in full every month on all of them.  No matter how small or large.

I think the OP needs to call Synchrony.  She is clearly not understanding her payment options.

Same here.  She may be using online or via the phone and doesn’t see or understand the different options,    Unusual. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wishmoon.  Look up the merchants who use Synchrony Bank.  They practically have a monopoly on the retail trade.   Almost any store you could mention uses them.

I've never heard of them before, just others complaining about them. I know another bank that Q card had made a mistake on my account the few times I used it and have used my CC with a major bank since. No probs there.

Honored Contributor

I have a few cards from Synchrony and never had any issues with them.  I am always able to pay off the balance.

Respected Contributor

I have even paid more than the total balance sometimes when I knew there were future charges coming up soon and didn't want a bigger bill for the next month.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Come back @sugar22 , and give us more info.  That is not what others are experiencing.  We want to help puzzle this out.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@wishmoonAnti=QVC  much???

-

Regular Contributor

I don't have a Q card and don't want one.  If Q would spend more time on presenting their items that they are trying to sell, it would be great.  I don' watch Q much any more because of the new hosts and this Q card.  Just too much ridiculous things all the way around.

If I want another credit card or debit card. it won't be Q card.