Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q card interest rate has just jumped to 29.9%

Why I pulled money and paid Synchrony Bank off.  I will only use debit card now.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You must pay the balence to get no interest.

New Contributor

Its now over 31 percent. I have a zero balance on my Q card. However, I did call synchrony bank and requested that my interest rate be lowered and they said there were no special offers our promotions in order to do that. So I just told him to close my account. Plenty of other options out there. This card doesn’t seem to have a whole lot of benefits.
Honored Contributor

I love my Q card.  I put any easy pays on it and I pay the card in full every month.  I've never paid any interest on this card.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I love my Q card.  I put any easy pays on it and I pay the card in full every month.  I've never paid any interest on this card.

@San Antonio Gal I do as well.  Pay it off every month and zero interest.

Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

30 %.  Wow.  Do they break your kneecaps too?  That's what the Mafia used to do.  At least you knew what to expect when you borrowed from them. 

You know what to expect with Synchony too.  In the cardholder agreement you sign when you open the account, they spell out the interest rate will be prime plus whatever percentage they tack on.  The interest has risen as prime rate has risen.  When prime goes back down, the interest rate will as well.

Valued Contributor

This month's bill says 31.24%. Wow! 

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if people are confusing the minium balance  versus current balance. If you only pay the minimum due, you will incur interest charges. If you pay the current balance , you will not pay interest. They only charge your card for the easy pay due that month. If you have bought an item using easy 5 easy payments, you are charged for five consecutive months.  Make sure you are paying those easy payments for that month. I hope this explains any confusion..

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

Welcome to the 1980's . This is what inflation does

@skatting44    Its not inflation that raises interest rates, it the government raising rates to try to prevent inflation.  Retailers then take advantage and try to gouge consumers

I heard in the news this morning that many retailers have raised rates to about 30% on company credit cards including oil companies and Wayfair.  If Synchrony Bank raised the rate on Q cards, I bet they did the same on the several hundred of other corporate accounts they administer.

@Kachina624 It is the government trying to slow inflation.  It is inflation that causes them to try to slow down inflation.  It is because the ptb have overspent so wildly.

Just economics.  Just fact. 

Contributor

@Imaoldhippie The "free" money which was handed out, happened 4 years ago. Anyone who received any of the "free money" paid taxes on the money. Kachina is right, the interest rates were raised in order to cool off the inflation. Retailers are gouging people and the banks are too.