Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@ellaphant   I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even luxury brands use polyester and spandex - albeit maybe higher qualities of same but they all use it.  QVC isn't the only one sellimg overpriced merchandise.  They all are.

True, but in better clothing its NEVER the dominant fabric. Graver is all poly and very, very cheap looking. Many other Q brands use a lot of it. Not my taste. Enjoy if its yours.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q article on forbes.com

[ Edited ]

@Bookplate wrote:

Interesting that the mods have allowed the link to the Forbes article to stand while other links are not allowed.  Perhaps if the article were more critical it would be zapped?

@Bookplate the links they typically delete are to other sellers or ads.  I think they allow news and scientific stuff etc.  You Tube always has ads with each video, so they don't allow that.

ETA -  The link is gone.  Someone must have seen an ad and complained.  But you @Bookplate and @chlema can search the title of the story and find the aticle and read.  I just did.  Search Forbes Why Qurate’s QVC And HSN Believe The Future Of TV Shopping Is On Streaming, and you will find it.

Esteemed Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

So are the QVC hosts starting to worry about having a job?

I wouldn't think so.  No one is going to listen to the romance stories that help sell online.💝

@cheriere LOL, I really would hate to see QVC on line shopping only

Me too!  I guess I would NO LONGER shop with QVC.  The on air fashion shows and demonstrations of other products are what's kept me tuned in faithfully for more than 30 years.😃

@cheriere  I am with you that the presentations, no matter how dreadful, are a draw with me and it keeps me shopping, and if all I see is flat pictures, my purchases would go down.  But it wouln't bother me that much if all their programming was streaming and not cable TV.

It does bother me how much they have cut on the models and the MODELING.  Many times, the models just stand like statues or they just show us one angle.  I need them to turn around, take off their jackets, show models without belts, lift their arms, maybe bend a little, lift the shirts so we can see how pants waistbans look.  They used to do all these things.  Some models do.  Most don't.  And most are on less than a minute, while the host stand next to the rack showing the clothes in hangers for 5 minutes or more.  Ridiculous!

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

@ellaphant   I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even luxury brands use polyester and spandex - albeit maybe higher qualities of same but they all use it.  QVC isn't the only one sellimg overpriced merchandise.  They all are.

True, but in better clothing its NEVER the dominant fabric. Graver is all poly and very, very cheap looking. Many other Q brands use a lot of it. Not my taste. Enjoy if its yours.

@ellaphant Lots of cotton and cotton blends in QVC.  That is most of what I buy, with a polyester something or other every once in a while.  They serve a purpose too.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

So are the QVC hosts starting to worry about having a job?

I wouldn't think so.  No one is going to listen to the romance stories that help sell online.💝

@cheriere LOL, I really would hate to see QVC on line shopping only

Me too!  I guess I would NO LONGER shop with QVC.  The on air fashion shows and demonstrations of other products are what's kept me tuned in faithfully for more than 30 years.😃

@cheriere  I am with you that the presentations, no matter how dreadful, are a draw with me and it keeps me shopping, and if all I see is flat pictures, my purchases would go down.  But it wouln't bother me that much if all their programming was streaming and not cable TV.

It does bother me how much they have cut on the models and the MODELING.  Many times, the models just stand like statues or they just show us one angle.  I need them to turn around, take off their jackets, show models without belts, lift their arms, maybe bend a little, lift the shirts so we can see how pants waistbans look.  They used to do all these things.  Some models do.  Most don't.  And most are on less than a minute, while the host stand next to the rack showing the clothes in hangers for 5 minutes or more.  Ridiculous!

It's hard to get streaming services out in the boonies where I live lol.  My WiFi company is one you see commercials for pertaining to people like me and boy is it Expensive!  Yikes!  So I do hope they keep it on tv.

I completely agree about the models.  The hosts sometimes waste time trying things on when there's a couple models there too!  That drives me crazy lol.❤️

Frequent Contributor

@cheriereQVC and QVC2 Live Streams are available for free on YouTube and you can watch with a web-enabled TV.

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@ellaphant I clicked on the link and could read just a bit of it and then, wham, the booming voice, loud bells and screen stuff - "do not turn off your computer" etc.  Of course I turned off my computer for a bit and logged back on and seems to be ok now.  

would have liked to read that article tho.

@chlema 

Go to your search engine and type in the name Forbes, QVC, and article. You should be able to find and read the article. 

Respected Contributor

Qurate (QVC) first quarter 2024 earnings will be reported May 8, 2024, before market opens.

Symbol QRTEA on the Nasdaq.

Trading today (4-18) at 1.03 per share.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I beg to differ w QVC president, Q is not in any way shape or 

form a luxury brand.

Poly and spandex are why I've stopped most Q clothes shopping.

Most items way over priced.

Enjoy. Hope link works.

Why Qurate’s QVC And HSN Believe The Future Of TV Shopping Is On Streaming REMOVAL OF LINK

I agree. Polyester and spandex are definitely not luxury or the wave of the future. To me, it's like wearing a plastic bag - they don't breathe and hold in way too much body heat. 

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

However, the article also states "Because the company gets instant feedback on what’s hot and what’s not, it can quickly adjust presentations to shift the mix to higher-margin, faster-selling items. For example, it generated $5.7 million in sales of 19,000 Ninja Woodfire electric smoker and grill combo for $300 each, and a Barefoot Dreams throw yielded $6 million on Cyber Monday alone."

So, their sales are not solely based on clothing.

Yet, 98% of their shows are repeats of the same old, same old products.