Honored Contributor

Did anyone view that show last night? It was similar to an on air INSIDER MAGAZINE. TSVs for the week, available for presale. 

I’m not sure if it will be on each week.

Honored Contributor

They have sure changed their attitudes from the days when TSVs were all hush hush and you could be banned ufor early leaking of the item  number of one.  We always thought that was stupid and they should be glad to sell as many as they could.  Apparently they've adopted our viewpoint.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They have sure changed their attitudes from the days when TSVs were all hush hush and you could be banned ufor early leaking of the item  number of one.  We always thought that was stupid and they should be glad to sell as many as they could.  Apparently they've adopted our viewpoint.

@Kachina624  Yes big bucks for pre-selling anything. I’m also noticing a preview of the TSV the night before maybe on a 9PM show. 

Esteemed Contributor

Was that back in the olden days, when a shopper was only allowed to phone in their order while the item was being presented?

I didn't get QVC then, but I remember that 'rule' from HSN, which was called Home Shopping Club.

Possibly due to limitations in their software at the time, and/or lack of computer savvy in the average order taker.

No one was tapping "Speed Buy" and bypassing the phone operators in those days.

Honored Contributor

Re: Q THE DEALS SHOW

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

But now its on a little too often....its bad enough the current TSV is shown several times, now we get the next day's TSV.....and I've also seen a cross over of Q2's Big Deal shown on regular QVC  talk about OVER KILL its like they've got a shortage of products Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt - I totally agree! There's nothing "special" or "today" about the TSV when you can buy it for a week (and don't get me started on the "value" part). And the "BIG" in "Big Deal" is supposed to stand for "Before It's Gone," but I think I've only seen one Big Deal sell out early, and it was a Temp-tations deal, so that's not too surprising.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge When I started shopping at QVC you did not have to order when the item was on air.  Then there was only phone ordering.  TSVs were not unveiled until "midnight."  Later the hosts started giving hints about the upcoming TSV, but not really saying what it would be.  Times have changed.  Now we learn about the TSVs from many sources plus they tell about it at least a day in advance.  Also, now the "today's" special value stays at the same price for a few days.

Esteemed Contributor

The pricing, quality, convenience and newness of theTSV's have all been awful over the past several years.   It was actually exciting back in the day when new and different items came out at excellent pricing with free shipping and returns.  Those days are long gone.  Q is all about selling now without to much integrity so you all are right.  Why the secret is absolutely correct there really are very few TSV's on Q anymore.

Respected Contributor
Think those were the years when people had more discretionary cash and more willing to impulse buy. Personally I like knowing ahead what the daily special may be so I can view and think about it. Otherwise there is only 24 hours to do that.

Isn't this show similar to first Friday on HSN where they preview some of the upcoming Today's Specials!
Honored Contributor

I like to know ahead too so I can think about it and also not purchase it or something similar days before the item is a TSV.  Not much "value" to the TSVs anymore though. Years ago it was more exciting to check out the TSV.  Now it is probably something we have already seen many times.  Also, too much with the "big deal", TSV, etc.  The excitement and interest is gone.  Now most items can be bought elsewhere which was totally different when I became a QVC customer.  The items were not available locally and we didn't have "online" to check for the items elsewhere.