Respected Contributor

I had a return of those 2 D&C tops I was telling you about, it was A393385.  

I decided to get my returns processed faster I would ship them back myself and not use the Q label since it takes forever for the returns to get back to the Q. (Although one poster said just use the label and if the package is in the return process just contact the Q) well I didn't know that at the time so I used Priority Mail.

The package was received by the Q 3 days ago but I decided to contact the Q and ask why the credit hasn't posted yet (I was concerned because these were EZ Pay items and we'll be into another billing cycle).  

To my surprise, the Q didn't have any notification of returned receipt on file and I needed to supply the tracking number and information that the package was indeed in their possession.

Granted the credit was issued but I was surprised with all the innovations of running a multi million dollar company, their system doesn't have that information available.

Not good, I will think twice before ordering again and ask myself, is this something that I may want to try?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

You asked too soon.  It takes longer than 3 days to get all those returns sorted and processed.  Consider that they get thousands per day. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Q returns take forever.  They always have and they always will.

From the date you actually mail the item back to the day you actually receive your refund is the slowest process I have seen from an online retailer.

When you make an Amazon return the refund shows up on your account before you get home from the drop off.

Trusted Contributor

They say it takes about 2 weeks to process a refund/exchange after they receive it.  With the amount of returns and exchanges they get I would not expect it to be any sooner.  

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has an incredible tracking and communication system in place, especially when delivering via their own drivers.  Q apparently is lacking in it's processing both for purchases and shipping.  Delivery they have no control of once it hits the shipper.  I use ez pay so I'm not tying up a large sum and once I decide to keep the item I pay in full.  3 days is not long enough to process a credit and since you know they have your return you can expect a credit and any payments you have made shortly. 

Frequent Contributor

I agree, 3 days is way too soon to expect it to be refunded.

Respected Contributor

If it's always been that way...............

It doesn't have to be, there are plenty of systems and how many times has that software been updated.

I don't believe the "right" people know there is a problem.

If in fact there is an issue between handling returns and refunds, then create a sticker for the outside return label for exchanges.  Packages can be sorted that way and I'm sure the people who want an exchange will get their item a lot faster.   

It's silly for someone to open every bag, read what needs to be done and then sorted for exchange or credit.   

I was going to suggest a seperate label but that adds to more paper and confusion, here a bright colored sticker on the label that the customer can put on alerts the correct department personnel.

So you need to print a return label because you lost the original, a return would print with a big wide border around it noting you want a replacement.   Refunds would print the normal way..

Can you imagine how many happy customers they would have with fast turnaround on replacements?

Esteemed Contributor

I sent something back on the 6th. I had actually sent back 3 items, I hardly ever send anything back. These didn't fit, on the return label, I checked that I'd like a larger size. I got one item today, in the same size I sent back. I had one item credited a week ago, and the other item didn't show up. So, I called them today, first lady said they hadn't recieved the item. I told her it was all sent at the same time. She sent me to her supervisor, who said they did have it, and would credit the account. 

Its odd to me that first operator insisted they hadn't recieved the item, the supervisor was able to find it.

And I'm irritated that I got the same exact same size as the one I had returned. 

Not very convenient to have to return the same thing AGAIN. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I had a return of those 2 D&C tops I was telling you about, it was A393385.  

I decided to get my returns processed faster I would ship them back myself and not use the Q label since it takes forever for the returns to get back to the Q. (Although one poster said just use the label and if the package is in the return process just contact the Q) well I didn't know that at the time so I used Priority Mail.

The package was received by the Q 3 days ago but I decided to contact the Q and ask why the credit hasn't posted yet (I was concerned because these were EZ Pay items and we'll be into another billing cycle).  

To my surprise, the Q didn't have any notification of returned receipt on file and I needed to supply the tracking number and information that the package was indeed in their possession.

Granted the credit was issued but I was surprised with all the innovations of running a multi million dollar company, their system doesn't have that information available.

Not good, I will think twice before ordering again and ask myself, is this something that I may want to try?

Your expectations aren't realistic.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

If it's always been that way...............

It doesn't have to be, there are plenty of systems and how many times has that software been updated.

I don't believe the "right" people know there is a problem.

If in fact there is an issue between handling returns and refunds, then create a sticker for the outside return label for exchanges.  Packages can be sorted that way and I'm sure the people who want an exchange will get their item a lot faster.   

It's silly for someone to open every bag, read what needs to be done and then sorted for exchange or credit.   

I was going to suggest a seperate label but that adds to more paper and confusion, here a bright colored sticker on the label that the customer can put on alerts the correct department personnel.

So you need to print a return label because you lost the original, a return would print with a big wide border around it noting you want a replacement.   Refunds would print the normal way..

Can you imagine how many happy customers they would have with fast turnaround on replacements?

@Just Bling    Sounds like you have it all figured out so it's time to submit your resume. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment