Honored Contributor

Q PLEASE GET ON BOARD W/ SHIPPING

Most things I would order from QVC cost at least $3.50 shipping per order and as much as $7.95 to return w/ label...only alternative now is just to put it in mailbox w/ enclosed return label.

Before anyone says "Don't order from Q", just wanted to point out that most sites have free ship/free returns under these circumstances or lowered the minimum total spent to allow free shipping. 

Definitely, $11.50 extra cost will keep me from ordering. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Q PLEASE GET ON BOARD W/ SHIPPING

I totally agree.  The shipping and return fees have stopped me from many purchases.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Added: shipping for shoes and bags can be as high as $12.00 each way!!!!! Really?

Honored Contributor

Given the extreme pressure on our delivery services to get neccessities either to our homes or to the businesses still open, I'm not at all likely to order any non-essential no matter the shipping cost.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope until the situation resolves I'm ordering only essentials. I looked at a couple of clothing items that were "on sale" such as QVC defines a sale and reminded myself that now is a good time to use what I have and not spend $ unnecessarily

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me, it's not a matter of essentials or not, it's the principle. I'm not purchasing non-essentials either, but if Hubby's computer goes down, etc., there are essentials on Q since stores are closed.

I'm not going on a spree at Nordstrom or J Crew or Banana, but nice to know they have feelings for customers who may shop from boredom and do offer free ship/free returns.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't order much these days but I did buy a necklace that I wanted recently.  I'm not even turning on the channel anymore right now.

The shipping does turn me off.  I wonder how much trouble qvc will be in come the next few quarters.  

Honored Contributor

Our computer stores are open as "essential." Are you certain that yours aren't? @Shanus

If it's the principle of the thing, then to follow the principles you approve of, I would suggest shopping elsewhere. The vast majority of your posts are complaints about QVC so perhaps you really should consider not doing so any more. And do give your local computer stores a call; they may indeed be open for your husband's "just in case." Or leave it to him to figure out where he'll get his computer parts IF he has computer trouble.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus If charging for shipping for the kinds of things they sell allows QVC to keep more employees as a percentage of their staff as compared to say Macys which apparently can no longer afford massive numbers of employees, my principles tell me they are right to charge.

There's never just one principle involved as decisions are made.  As I said earlier, one of the principles I've living by right now is not to put unnecessary volume into anyone's shipping.

Life right now has a whole series of ironic circles!  Remember as a child being told "Look but don't touch"  That's just how I'm thinking of shopping  -  "Look but don't touch."  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC argumentative/off topic