Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? WEEKEND PREVIEW JOY TO THE WORLD! July 17 & 18

Spurt, I logged into the forums today just to look for your post.  I haven't been here as much lately but I can't miss your posts!   As always, it's spot on!

By the way, The Ho Ho Ho cats look like me when I see Christmas programming in July, August, September and October.  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? JOY TO THE WORLD---WEEKEND PREVIEW 7/17 and 7/18

@GinaV24 wrote:

Spurt, so glad to hear you are feeling better & that there was a good looking doctor who treated you.  Hey there has to be some perk when you wind up under medical care.

LOL, laughing at all of the fabulous photos of cats "enjoying" or not, the holilday season.

Well as much as I love doing things for the holidays, it is just too early for me. I froze all last winter so I am enjoying summer, thanks very much and also I am trying to NOT, NOT buy any more "stuff" that I need to store.

I will probably watch Jill since I do like her and the VPH shows are fun to get ideas from (hopefully, I will be able to hold firm with the not buying idea).

No bliss lights for me. I'll stick with regular lights.

thanks for the weekend update, it is always so much fun to read and I know what not to watch! 

@GinaV24  Hi Gina, how are you.....thank you for all your kind posts and comments.

I do have that same storage problem when it comes to Christmas items too...LOL. I'm definitely NOT a summer person.....I was happy that we got so much rain here, that it cut our HOT summer season by half this year...YEAH!!!! It's supposed to hit 100 next week.......I DO love Christams, but just like what is so TYPICAL of QVC they beat it into the ground to make you dislike it.....especially when they show the same LIMITED products over and over and the presentations are way toooooooooooo long and ad nauseum so like everything else QVC RUINS A GOOD THING!!!!---Just like when something sells they bring it back in all kinds of variations that you start yelling ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!---As the Frozen song says, LET IT GO!!!........I think QVC manages to bring out the SCROOGE in everyone!!!!  

BTW did you ever write that letter to the Q? I know exactly what your talking about when it comes to QVC's fashion---you have to order capris and shorts in January, because in June and July QVC starts bringing out all the coats, jackets, and sweaters---no A/C is that cold!!! Cat Frustrated It's like QVC caters to the Northeast and ignores the south, southwest, and west coast climates with their fashions.  I know local retailers bring out seasonal merchandise a bit early too BUT NOT THIS EARLY!!!---I've written them some emails myself, but with QVC's limited number of fashion vendors, they don't have much to my taste anyway these days (I'm not a fan of Logo, Graver, or Women With Control), so now I buy mostly locally now and gets some bargains too!!!!  And no $10 try on fee either!!! Cat Very Happy

Have a GREAT weekend!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

A big applause to you, SPURT.   I love your flashpad rendition. 

The captions are perfect.  I don't know if you could've found any less-enthused kitties if you tried...

Image result for cats at christmas

I'm enjoying tuning in from time to time so far during CIJ, and I have an item or two on my want list.  I can't sit through the kitchen, food, toy, or electronic shows, though, and I turn it off or leave the room during all of the numerous TSV presentations. 

Happy CIJ Weekend Heart

@SHOPR  What was funny about the kitties is I actually typed in HO HO HO, but when I saw the kitties and the expressions on their faces, I just thought they said it better than I ever could....LOL Cat LOL

Valerie and Jim Shore are the only shows I will watch......I definitely do NOT want to see the SAME kid's toys ---Twix Trax, Flashpad, Cabbage Patch Dolls, and Frozen merchandise that they've shown for the past several years---kids are NOT going to want the SAME toys year and year (is there anyone with shopping savvy in their buying department)....and I'm definitely NOT interested in the electronics, and QVC's kitchen shows show the same LIMITED items---not much JOY, but all of the Q's usual craziness.....

And a Merry Christmas in July to you too Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Hi, @Spurt!  Welcome back, and I'm soooooo glad you're better now.  I don't think you know how many of us enjoy your posts and miss you when you're absent.

Hope it's all smooth sailing now, and have a great weekend!

@dooBdoo  HI DOOBDOO!  How are you---thank you so very much for your well wishes and nice comments---you are too kind! 

It looks like I'm mended up, an interesting experience........

have a nice weekend!

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

SPURT, I wondered what had happened; I thought maybe you were on vacation or something. I hope that your accident wasn't too bad and that you're OK now.

The cats don't look excited about their Christmas outfits. Maybe they think that it's way too early for this stuff. I don't really go for the "Christmas in July", either. It's midsummer; maybe there are some who think about Christmas gifts this early, but I'm not one of them.

Anyway, glad to see you back, SPURT!

@teganslaw  Hey TEGAN!  How are you?  Glad to be back. 

Can you believe it NFL training camps will soon be open---and preseason will soon be underway YEAH!!!!

Those kitties look as unhappy about Christmas as some of the Q customers are with CIJ...LOL!!!! Most kitties don't like to dressed up---hurts their dignity I think.......LOL!!!

I know some friends who have a large number of grand kids so they shop early and one in particular gets all her shopping done and gifts wrapped by September......but she has to budget Christmas to be able to get each of the kids a little something!!!  But QVC's CIJ is just too repetitive and not enough variety and new and unique items like they used to have when CIJ was actually enjoyable!!!

Honored Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:
SPURT, I'm sorry to hear you had a wasp misadventure. I'm glad you are doing better and found a silver lining.

Thanks for the warning about this weekend. I won't be tuning in to any of the shows this weekend.

@cosmic1  Hi COSMIC!  Thank you for your kind words, and glad I'm doing much better.....and that good looking doc was indeed a bit of a silver lining Cat Wink

Glad I was able to give you ample warning!

Have a great weekend! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Merry Christmas in July!  Spurt, what great photos!  

My cat is rather blase about Christmas decor, but I predict my daughter's kitten will just love it all, when they visit for the holidays this year.

I also like a lot of Jim Shore's pieces, but his show will be on too early for this West Coaster.  I'll shop online.  I've been collecting the Santa ornaments, and I see there is a new set that includes Mrs. Claus.  I've already ordered it.  The price was good too.  I found something similar on Amazon for about $10 more.

IJim Shore Heartwood Creek Set of 2 Holiday Figure Ornaments

Honored Contributor

Spurt, just wanted to add that I'm glad you're feeling better.  I thought about you earlier in the week.  I was pumping gas, and a wasp kept buzzing around me.  After I got into the car and drove away, I kept having this uneasy feeling that it had snuck into the car with me, and was going to attack me while driving!  

Fortunately, that didn't happen...but I don't trust those evil things.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:
So glad to see you back, Spurt! Merry "Christmas-In-July." The cats are as nonplussed as the rest of us-- they're not ready for the early joy either... I was very amused to see David V.'s Cabbage Patch Kid likeness-- so funny.

Looking into Madame Valerie's crystal ball, it looks like we'll have more of the same for the next 5 1/2 months. If you save this Weekend Preview, you'll surely be able to re-use it in December, lol... Have a "Bliss"-ful weekend!

@handygal2   How are you!!!!  I appreciate your continued support and nice comments and well wishes.   

I think those kitties reflect the moods of many in the Q viewing audience .....They say it better than I ever could...LOL

Oh yes, the Cabbage Patch David doll---maybe it was a couple years ago when they presented David with his likeness....LOL!!!! I happened to tune in because my DS had wanted one of the Temptations cardinal pieces so I was watching and couldn't help but chuckle when I saw it......

HANDYGAL you are very perceptive, I had

to carefully chose the cat pix I selected because the Q will carry on the Christmas season for a full 6 months, and I have to save kitties to show, otherwise I could become as repetitive as QVC....LOL!!!! Cat LOL

You have a BLISS FULL weekend too.....Cat Very Happy  (I couldn't have said it better myself... Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Spurt-girl you got zapped? No fun.

Great post this week. That David doll looks like a clean-cut Chucky to me. 

And talking about setting someone up for hate posts:  "She's the consummate hostess, an active working mother and a whiz in the kitchen".......

Sigh.

Hi GARDENSLA----Thank you for your continued support. 

I laughed at your comment regarding the  "clean cut Chucky"....LOL!!!!--good one!

As for the QVC's promo comment---I think QVC is their own worst enemy and that's all I'm going to say (wink wink) Cat Wink

Have a good one!