Honored Contributor

Q DID WHAT? WEEKEND PREVIEW JOY TO THE WORLD! July 17 & 18

[ Edited ]
Hello Folks,  First I want to thank everyone for all their kind comments and get well wishes regarding my wasp bite "adventure" and it's complications, but hey the doctor in the ER was very handsome so that's a positive...LOL

Image result for cats dressed as bees

Well let's get back to business and let's see what's on tap for the weekend at the Q.......

Is there a snip of cool breezes and frost in the air....perhaps you have your air conditioner thermostat too low---because it's SUMMER----BUT in QVC LAND  there are no seasons....and this weekend is no different because Saturday and Sunday is CHRISTMAS IN JULY---

I know some of you are just "thrilled" to death......so grab that cup of hot chocolate, put on a Santa hat and let's get started.........

Everyone sing.......

Image result for cats singing christmas carols

Jingle bells, Flashpad sells
Buy a wreath today
Oh what fun it is to buy
And pay on easy pay!!!

QVC kicks off the Christmas programming with
DECK THE HALLS and a returning favorite....back again for your viewing "pleasure" with ---and the star of the show is BLISS LIGHTS-INDOOR AND OUTDOOR LIGHTING!!!!  Why mess with old fashioned lights that get tangled up..........

Image result for cats tangled up in christmas lights     Image result for cats playing with christmas decorations   

And these lights have so many fascinating features that they can't be shown in just one show, so you will be seeing them throughout the entire day.........To quote a line from that Christmas carol...."Oh what fun it is...."

Next, the show that's taken the nation by storm (some wish it would blow away)....not one, not two, not three, not four, but count 'em FIVE big hours of SATURDAY MORNING Q--HOLIDAY EDITION-featuring--BLISS LIGHTS!!! 

Image result for cats at christmas
.........Not only Bliss Lights, but the show will most likely include  Bethlehem Lights, Christmas Trees, and decor to make your Christmas bright.....

Image result for cats and christmas garland     Image result for cats at christmas

And don't you love those demonstrations when they show you how quickly you can put the Christmas tree up.....I think these felines broke some tree assembly records.....

Image result for cats singing christmas carols
What can say Christmas more than a special edition of YOU'RE HOME WITH JILL---She's QVC's Home Decor Guru, and according to QVC's promo, "
She's the consummate hostess, an active working mother and a whiz in the kitchen".......Sure to put a jingle in your Christmas bell...

Image result for cats looking pissed in christmas hat

All that decorating is sure to make you hungry, but never fear, it's QVC to the rescue with  GOURMET HOLIDAY---

Image result for cats at christmas              Image result for cats eating christmas turkey

And a personal favorite, 2 hours of HEARTFELT HOLIDAYS WITH VALERIE---sometimes it's fun to watch just to see the lovely Christmas sets on the show----but please ENOUGH with those gazing globes!!!  One of the few shows I will try to catch.....

QVC's advertising tag is "all of the joy and none of the craziness".....and they bring you THE JOY OF CHRISTMAS ---featuring BLISS LIGHTS ....and apparently QVC wants your joy to be overflowing because there are not just one but two shows--one from 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM and one from 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM!!!! Grab a holiday beverage and sing JOY TO THE WORLD as you watch.....

And in between "all that joy" is a show called HOLIDAYS AGLOW--DECORATIVE LIGHTS---and I bet you've already guessed what the featured product will be.....THAT'S RIGHT---BLISS LIGHTS of course (talk about the light that has lighted the world)......

Image result for cats at christmas     Image result for dogs in christmas lights

And closing out Saturday the last JOY OF CHRISTMAS SHOW---And let's sing---
Silent Night----

************************************************************************************************

What is in store for SUNDAY----CHRISTMAS IN JULY continues--------

Now don't throw any snowballs at me, but one show I am looking forward to is JIM SHORE, who will be on 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM with JIM SHORE HEARTWOOD CREEK --- FOLK ART COLLECTIBLES---a sweet and talented man, and if the host cooperates, we might hear some interesting stories about his work.....

Jim Shore Heartwood Creek Pint Size Christmas Collection

And I did spot a new Christmas kitty.......even though my collection is at its max....there is always room for one more Smiley Wink

Christmas is about the home, so QVC brings you HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS--featuring LENOX---Christmas decor for your tabletops and more........shows are

8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
3:00 PM -   4:00 PM

Next up---JOY TO THE WORLD, I've turned off my TV instead of watching a Christmas rerun of THE JOY OF CHRISTMAS!!!  However, QVC invites you to get a jump on your shopping.....yes folks--FILL THAT GIFT WING--don't forget those teacher gifts, school bus driver, gifts for your hair stylist, nail technician, the neighbor that picks up your mail when your on vacation.........Smiley Happy

Image result for cats in christmas box          

Image result for cats at christmas        Image result for cats and christmas presents

Now what would all the foodies do without Holiday food and kitchen items from their favorite home cook---it's IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID!--3 big hours!!!

Image result for christmas with QVC david venable

From 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM and from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM it's HEARTFELT HOLIDAYS WITH VALERIE!!! (the later show is supposed to be ALL NEW)........

'H203888  Illuminated Mercury Glass Holiday Figure shown here is the snowman choice. Also available in Santa, Angel and Gingerbread.  http://qvc.co/ShopValerieParrHill'

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire (barbeque grill that is)....anyway, the next show features LENOX GIFTS ---  and you don't have to worry about those embarrassing exploding accidents with their dinnerware as you do with other brands Smiley Wink There will be Christmas ornaments and other holiday items too......

Lenox Porcelain Holiday Figural Angel Bell - H205387        Lenox 2-pc. Porcelain Mug Set with Gift Box - H205416

It's getting near dinner time so what is more appropriate than GOURMET HOLIDAY---everything from crab cakes to cheese cakes-----

Image result for cats eating dinner        

Don't ya love it when the hosts sample the food---

Image result for cats eating dinner

Get ready to DECK THE HALLS---falalalalalala

Image result for cats and christmas ornaments    

And the JOY OF CHRISTMAS and VALERIE wrap up this weekend....

Image result for cats playing with christmas decorations

And to all a Good Night.......

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!! ....jingle bells, jingle bells......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? JOY TO THE WORLD---WEEKEND PREVIEW 7/17 and 7/18

Spurt, so glad to hear you are feeling better & that there was a good looking doctor who treated you.  Hey there has to be some perk when you wind up under medical care.

LOL, laughing at all of the fabulous photos of cats "enjoying" or not, the holilday season.

Well as much as I love doing things for the holidays, it is just too early for me. I froze all last winter so I am enjoying summer, thanks very much and also I am trying to NOT, NOT buy any more "stuff" that I need to store.

I will probably watch Jill since I do like her and the VPH shows are fun to get ideas from (hopefully, I will be able to hold firm with the not buying idea).

No bliss lights for me. I'll stick with regular lights.

thanks for the weekend update, it is always so much fun to read and I know what not to watch! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A big applause to you, SPURT.   I love your flashpad rendition. 

The captions are perfect.  I don't know if you could've found any less-enthused kitties if you tried...

I'm enjoying tuning in from time to time so far during CIJ, and I have an item or two on my want list.  I can't sit through the kitchen, food, toy, or electronic shows, though, and I turn it off or leave the room during all of the numerous TSV presentations. 

Happy CIJ Weekend Heart

Honored Contributor

Hi, @Spurt!  Welcome back, and I'm soooooo glad you're better now.  I don't think you know how many of us enjoy your posts and miss you when you're absent.

Hope it's all smooth sailing now, and have a great weekend!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, I wondered what had happened; I thought maybe you were on vacation or something. I hope that your accident wasn't too bad and that you're OK now.

The cats don't look excited about their Christmas outfits. Maybe they think that it's way too early for this stuff. I don't really go for the "Christmas in July", either. It's midsummer; maybe there are some who think about Christmas gifts this early, but I'm not one of them.

Anyway, glad to see you back, SPURT!

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

SPURT, I'm sorry to hear you had a wasp misadventure. I'm glad you are doing better and found a silver lining.

Thanks for the warning about this weekend. I won't be tuning in to any of the shows this weekend.
Honored Contributor

So glad to see you back, Spurt! Merry "Christmas-In-July." The cats are as nonplussed as the rest of us-- they're not ready for the early joy either... I was very amused to see David V.'s Cabbage Patch Kid likeness-- so funny.

Looking into Madame Valerie's crystal ball, it looks like we'll have more of the same for the next 5 1/2 months. If you save this Weekend Preview, you'll surely be able to re-use it in December, lol... Have a "Bliss"-ful weekend!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? WEEKEND PREVIEW JOY TO THE WORLD! July 17 & 18

Spurt-girl you got zapped? No fun.

Great post this week. That David doll looks like a clean-cut Chucky to me. 

And talking about setting someone up for hate posts:  "She's the consummate hostess, an active working mother and a whiz in the kitchen".......

Sigh.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

To those that love these Christmas in July shows. Enjoy!

I just can't even think about it this early in the year. I live in Southern California, as I gaze into my  backyard that is completely dead. I do not water  due to our drought conditions.

I then can turn my attentions to my front yard which is a browinish. yellowish color. I water the front twice a week and sometimes I sneak in three days.  Woo..hooo. 

Let's see the temperatures are in the 90's and to top it off. I have the news on and I am watching a fast moving brush fire that has burned up several cars on the freeway, and has now started to burn structures.

Nope, I am just not feeling like it's christmas right now.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad your feeling better! Kinda selfish but how in the world would I plan my "Q" weekends! (Snarky!)

This was terrific again this week and right on point as always! Thank you for your continued humor and have a wonderful weekend, enjoy!