Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? WEEKEND PREVIEW JOY TO THE WORLD! July 17 & 18

Spurt, I'm glad you're ok.   Wasp stings are nasty.   Take care!

Esteemed Contributor

Katie, you came up with a great idea! Why spend money on counselors and therapists when all you need is to ride a horse. It sounds like a wonderful form of therapy, and will save money in the long run.

We have had so much rain here in Indiana that there has been flooding alerts. Our city is surrounded by rivers, and they have risen to extremely high levels. Our house is OK, but certain roads have been closed off. Also, some events have been cancelled in the festival because of thunderstorms. I would send some of the rain to California if I could.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett  I concur I enjoy chatting with the nice people on the Boards despite the meager offerings on QVC these days and the tech glitches that come our way. 

I think animals do provide that comfort and unconditional love after a rough day at the office......they are THE BEST therapy!!!

WOW all that hay KS and not only money and time involved in getting it delivered and placed in the barn...WHEW lots of work, I don't know how you do it....especially in the heat, but I know why, it's because you love your horses!!!!  Thank you for having a heart for animals....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Hey there @Spurt

The only thing I liked enough to buy were the stuffed foxes and I'm hoping I like them when they arrive... The rest of it just struck me as a bunch of schlocky junque... Val used to bring some really pretty things, but it appears she too has now been mandated to dilute her offerings to appeal to the lowest common denominator... for whom it's all about 'cute' and 'sparkle'...

As for Java, frankly, it seems to create a lot of problems... and no, I'm not fond of IE either, and haven't been through several incarnations.  As for Firefox, I often used it but also often found it sort of glitchy.  I was advised not to load it on the computer I'm now using, so I didn't.  For now, I'm using Chrome and have been trying to do a little research on 10 before I decide whether or not to give it a whirl.  I really don't much like 8.1 and honestly wish I could go back to 7, but there's no point  because you know sooner rather than later they'll stop supporting it.

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE---Those foxes were cute, enjoy them......I think they will work with your woodland theme.  And I think your right, QVC has watered down this collection to a few themes (globes, mercury, gingerbread).....and what I couldn't understand why did she have a candle---aren't there enough---with Luminara, Candle Impressions, Home Reflections, Santas Express, and more----I would've liked to have seen something else that other brands DON'T offer----The peppermint wreath and garland looked very cheap looking too.......overall I was disappointed!!!

Java does seem to have security issues from time to time, and thankfully Pogo has a way to make them secure and some of Pogo's best games still use Java, they only converted a few to Flash, and the rest will be history if all the browsers abandon Java. And some web sites still use Java for their videos.......So I seldom use Chrome now and have to put up with IE and Firefox......

Well have a good week and I know both of us won't waste our time tuning into the Q....Last night I was glad I had the NBA Summer League Finals to watch---our SUMMER SPURS WON Smiley Very Happy....and with the first female NBA coach too! Smiley Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maryebrown wrote:

Hi Ladies ! Waving to StevieB, Katiescarlett (I haven't seen you in ages!) and SPURT ! ! ! Glad to see everyone here and that SPURT is better Smiley Happy Of course, having a good looking Doc in the ER certainly helps "calm the nerves" while waiting to get treated and released. I hope he had a good bedside manner. The Doc who attended to me when I was delirious with Rocky Mt. Spotted fever, was a cutie...wish I could have fixed him up w/ my daughter, but she was only 16 at the time. LOL

I'm lovin' the Kitty Pics...too cute ! I just can't believe how the Q is carrying on with this CIJ theme for the entire month (?) I turned on the Joan Rivers show this morning, and the Fall Clothes were being modeled. It was 94 degrees out, and rising - OY. I can't even think about cardigans and long sleeves now - I know it's coming, and the cooler weather will be here in about 2 months, but what about Spring/Summer Clearance Shows ? Or, did I miss them ? Woman Frustrated  I watched a bit of the jewelry shows last week and the prices were out of this world ! I hope everyone's A/C is working...it looks like we'll be keeping it on for the next several weeks, except for a few breaks in the heat. We'll be getting a 3 day break come Wednesday. We'll have to deal with thunderstorms first, but the payoff will be worth it. 

@maryebrown  HEY MARY!!!! How are you-----I was so sorry to read about your Rocky Mountain Spotted fever episode, glad all is well now, that stuff is really scary!!!!  Well it was a small world, because my regular doctor was asking me who the doc was at the ER that treated me, when I told her, she said they used to work together at one time and gave me the inside scoop on him....LOL!!!!! 

QVC is all discombootled---between their never ending CIJ which consistsd of mostly very lengthy Bliss Light demonstrations, or last year's merchandise, or fall clothes that make you sweat just to look at them----just DULL viewing on the Q these days!!!!  And the heat wave seems to be encompassing the majority of the USA----I'm glad some areas are getting a small break in the host weather by mid week, but it looks like our part of the country is just getting started and it's sure to hit 100 by the weekend.....Send those thunderstorms our way, it looks like we won't even be getting those afternoon heat showers for a while---- And I thank the Good Lord for my A/C each and every day!!!  But I'm afraid my bill will resemble the national debt.....STAY COOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Spurt, I'm glad you're ok.   Wasp stings are nasty.   Take care!

@CalminHeart  Hi CALMIN---thank you for your kind get well wishes......

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Katie, you came up with a great idea! Why spend money on counselors and therapists when all you need is to ride a horse. It sounds like a wonderful form of therapy, and will save money in the long run.

We have had so much rain here in Indiana that there has been flooding alerts. Our city is surrounded by rivers, and they have risen to extremely high levels. Our house is OK, but certain roads have been closed off. Also, some events have been cancelled in the festival because of thunderstorms. I would send some of the rain to California if I could.

@teganslaw  Hi TEGAN----WOW!  Stay safe and be careful around all those flood waters, they can be dangerous especially when driving........send some rain (without the flooding) our way please....

I saw a nice story about your Colt's TE  Dwayne Allen and his work in the community called Dream Alive.  And he talked about  how Andrew Luck's growth makes everyone on the team better and big expectations for the Colts this year---Good Luck To The Colts, Tegan.......my team is so far a way from being a .500 team at this point .....LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Hey there @Spurt

The only thing I liked enough to buy were the stuffed foxes and I'm hoping I like them when they arrive... The rest of it just struck me as a bunch of schlocky junque... Val used to bring some really pretty things, but it appears she too has now been mandated to dilute her offerings to appeal to the lowest common denominator... for whom it's all about 'cute' and 'sparkle'...

As for Java, frankly, it seems to create a lot of problems... and no, I'm not fond of IE either, and haven't been through several incarnations.  As for Firefox, I often used it but also often found it sort of glitchy.  I was advised not to load it on the computer I'm now using, so I didn't.  For now, I'm using Chrome and have been trying to do a little research on 10 before I decide whether or not to give it a whirl.  I really don't much like 8.1 and honestly wish I could go back to 7, but there's no point  because you know sooner rather than later they'll stop supporting it.

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE---Those foxes were cute, enjoy them......I think they will work with your woodland theme.  And I think your right, QVC has watered down this collection to a few themes (globes, mercury, gingerbread).....and what I couldn't understand why did she have a candle---aren't there enough---with Luminara, Candle Impressions, Home Reflections, Santas Express, and more----I would've liked to have seen something else that other brands DON'T offer----The peppermint wreath and garland looked very cheap looking too.......overall I was disappointed!!!

Java does seem to have security issues from time to time, and thankfully Pogo has a way to make them secure and some of Pogo's best games still use Java, they only converted a few to Flash, and the rest will be history if all the browsers abandon Java. And some web sites still use Java for their videos.......So I seldom use Chrome now and have to put up with IE and Firefox......

Well have a good week and I know both of us won't waste our time tuning into the Q....Last night I was glad I had the NBA Summer League Finals to watch---our SUMMER SPURS WON Smiley Very Happy....and with the first female NBA coach too! Smiley Very Happy

Exactly Spurt.  Things are clearly not improving at all.  If anything, QVC continues to narrow their focus further and further.  It's dreadful.  

I have a few lovely things brought from Valerie over the years, but if this is the wave of the future, I suspect there will be very, very few more added to the collection.  that's fine too because I really don't need anymore knick-knacks.  Still, it would be nice to see some honest-to-goodness options once again.  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Spurt, you certainly are gifted! I LOL'd!

Honored Contributor

@penny2k wrote:

Spurt, you certainly are gifted! I LOL'd!

@penny2k  Hi PENNY2k  thank you and glad you enjoyed it!!!Cat Very Happy