Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? WEEKEND PREVIEW-FASHION, BACK TO SCHOOL, AND HAIR!

@Rhen wrote:

Spurt, you are absolutely hilarious!!  I was almost rolling on the floor laughting with each description of the many fashion events offered for the week and weekend to come.  You have to admit they have to sell back to school items in August.  When else would you sell them?  This has to include clothing for back to school and laptops and other computers as well.  But why not make it more fun??  Remember in the old days, you had games and spinning of a wheel and possibly an opportunity to win money or QVC dollars.  It made it a little more entertaining.  Plus these show hosts don't keep me on the edge of my seats like Kathy Levine and Jeffrey Hewson used to!!  You never knew whether there would be a catfight or a make-out session!!  Live TV!!  I loved it!!  Isaac Mizrahi, not so much!!

@Rhen Hi Rhen glad you liked the update. 

Your right, most retailers get their fall fashions out in time for back to school, which starts early here in Texas.  But with QVC it seems that they abandoned summer fashions a bit earlier this year and started with fall fashions at the end of May...LOL!

I missed the wheel and the fun games I've heard people talk about in the good ole days of QVC....I came in a bit later, did not see Kathy Levine or Jeffrey Hewson and the other earlier hosts either.  I think I came in right after they left and QVC changed....But yes QVC could learn something from the past and make it more fun than what has quite become just the same things over and over.....What impressed me about QVC in earlier times was the variety and uniqueness of the products.....now they see to show pretty much what I can get locally or see on an infommercial, with a couple of exceptions....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt great preview as always.  I love the photo of the cat standing on the sign, how awesome is that!

Well I'll admit to watching some of Friday night & Saturday for "fashion day".  No shoes for me, I've stopped buying any shoes from QVC since I returned the last 2 pairs of earth brand I bought and wound up cancelling the skechers TSV because QVC had them in process for 5 days & they still hadn't shipped!  I got tired of all the guesswork on sizes.

I broke down & bought the IM limited edition sweater - hope I guessed right on the fit considering the click here measurements made me scratch my head because IMO they made no sense. When the chest measurement is listed as larger than the hips, I feel very confused.

Skipped Sunday's stuff altogether as there was nothing there of any interest to me.

Great job as always, Spurt!

@GinaV24  Yep shoe shopping got to be hit or miss for me too.......and as far as clothes measurements....I've just given up with that too....the sizing of the actual garment doesn't even match the measurements online....one time a top was supposed to be a tunic and 29 inches long and it wound up being 25 1/2....go figure!!! 

Thanks for your kind words and have a great day! ..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Seven plus hours of an HP computer.  Need I say more...?

@stevieb  It's QVC's way of making up for lost time Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Seven plus hours of an HP computer.  Need I say more...?

@stevieb  It's QVC's way of making up for lost time Smiley Wink

@Spurt Lost time all right.  The only lost time would've been time spent watching...  I didn't...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Further reading (and video) for you, Spurt @Spurt about the OMQ...  All essentially the same items, just different formats.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Interesting-new-feature-article-about-QVC/m-p/2023426#U20...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/qvc-expands-reach--takes-on-amazon-and-other-shopping-giants-184545240...

Oh, and the next time one of the Cherrios wants to tell us it isn't supposed to be entertaining, send them one of the URL's... According to the suits, it clearly is supposed to be about entertainment...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  Oh Stevie thanks for sharing..Smiley Very Happy...I commented on it in the other thread and on the link....I think we found the stars for a new reality show called CLUELESS!!!  And the host chosen to be front and center for the video speaks VOLUMES too.....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  Oh Stevie thanks for sharing..Smiley Very Happy...I commented on it in the other thread and on the link....I think we found the stars for a new reality show called CLUELESS!!!  And the host chosen to be front and center for the video speaks VOLUMES too.....

Uh huh...  I too thought their choice of spokesmodel was curious, given I don't think she's among their more popular.  Then again, who is these days...  The Q is really missing their "It" girl...  In fact, I wonder how much of that 'profit' is really just the savings they've realized from not having to pay Lisa Robertson... You know, that could actually prove to be a significant factor...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Uh huh...  I too thought their choice of spokesmodel was curious, given I don't think she's among their more popular.  Then again, who is these days...  The Q is really missing their "It" girl...  In fact, I wonder how much of that 'profit' is really just the savings they've realized from not having to pay Lisa Robertson... You know, that could actually prove to be a significant factor...

@stevieb  That's an excellent point STEVIE, I never thought of it, gee with the money they saved on salary I think that has probably enabled them to purchase more computers, vacuums, and beds Smiley Happy    BUT I wonder how much they lost in sales, since LR seemed to relate in a positive way to lots of Q customers and sold tons of merchandise....

Yep the people that they've chosen to be front and center have not lived up to expectations and instead of something fresh and new have become something that makes you turn away...especially FNI...which is a definite NO GO for me

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  That's an excellent point STEVIE, I never thought of it, gee with the money they saved on salary I think that has probably enabled them to purchase more computers, vacuums, and beds Smiley Happy    BUT I wonder how much they lost in sales, since LR seemed to relate in a positive way to lots of Q customers and sold tons of merchandise....

Yep the people that they've chosen to be front and center have not lived up to expectations and instead of something fresh and new have become something that makes you turn away...especially FNI...which is a definite NO GO for me

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt  There are still a few hosts I like, far fewer I can tolerate, but given the qwappy merchandise, there isn't a single one that can induce me to tune in 'just to see'... Their new 'it' girl, well, isn't 'it'... The entire Monday line-up is a miss and although I never was a fan of the beauty shows, including Friday Night Beauty, LR's presence more or less anchoring the Monday and Friday line-ups is sorely missed... I'm sure most of the hosts are good people, but given what they're presenting over and over again, they don't make for compelling viewing and some of them, especially in too frequent doses, are just annoying. I mean really, why would I watch?

Esteemed Contributor

I work this weekend, so won't be watching QVC. Besides, Sunday is the Colts preseason game, and though I'll miss the first half, I'll be home in time for the second part. It's suppose to be telecast on our local station; sometimes TV schedules change, so I hope the game really is on.

I never watched QVC enough to have a favorite host. Never really warmed up to LR; didn't really dislike her, just couldn't figure out why she was so popular. But I know others feel differently.

I like the photos of the cats sleeping; all the cats I've ever had slept in really strange positions. Has anyone noticed that cats never seem to have insomnia? Wonder what their secret is?

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain