Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? WEEKEND PREVIEW-FASHION, BACK TO SCHOOL, AND HAIR!

Seven plus hours of an HP computer.  Need I say more...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt, I ventured over here to see your weekend update.  Good one as usual, and as always, makes me smile. 

Have you posted on QVC's second quarter financials yet, or is it too early?   I don't want to miss it and I stick mainly to home forum for now, and limited time at that, because of the eye discomfort I have coming here.  Anyway, I am still curious to hear how sales were 2nd quarter due to the new return s&h policy going into effect just prior to that quarter.  I know there was a big interest from quite a few shoppers.  Although I cut back to almost nothing during that quarter, I've been buying again during CIJ and VPH Fall show.  I am still being selective, but I certainly bought more than I intended. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Spurt, I ventured over here to see your weekend update.  Good one as usual, and as always, makes me smile. 

Have you posted on QVC's second quarter financials yet, or is it too early?   I don't want to miss it and I stick mainly to home forum for now, and limited time at that, because of the eye discomfort I have coming here.  Anyway, I am still curious to hear how sales were 2nd quarter due to the new return s&h policy going into effect just prior to that quarter.  I know there was a big interest from quite a few shoppers.  Although I cut back to almost nothing during that quarter, I've been buying again during CIJ and VPH Fall show.  I am still being selective, but I certainly bought more than I intended. 

It looks to me as though they had a fairly decent quarter, though heaven only knows how. For one thing, I suspect the new shipping policy is generating revenue for them.  I wish QVC no harm, but am hopeful that marginal financial reports will force their hand to do something different and better, which wouldn't be a stretch. Their financial reports can be found on this site under Investor Relations.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt great preview as always.  I love the photo of the cat standing on the sign, how awesome is that!

Well I'll admit to watching some of Friday night & Saturday for "fashion day".  No shoes for me, I've stopped buying any shoes from QVC since I returned the last 2 pairs of earth brand I bought and wound up cancelling the skechers TSV because QVC had them in process for 5 days & they still hadn't shipped!  I got tired of all the guesswork on sizes.

I broke down & bought the IM limited edition sweater - hope I guessed right on the fit considering the click here measurements made me scratch my head because IMO they made no sense. When the chest measurement is listed as larger than the hips, I feel very confused.

Skipped Sunday's stuff altogether as there was nothing there of any interest to me.

Great job as always, Spurt!

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb, Thanks for the info.  I don't know how they had a decent quarter, either.  Oh well. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@stevieb, Thanks for the info.  I don't know how they had a decent quarter, either.  Oh well. 

It is a mystery... And looking ahead, it's just more of the same. Lousy week day programming of the same handful of brands and even worse weekend programming. Coming up on Saturday is another of their all day marathons (beauty again) and then another day of Dyson on Sunday.  It's actually rather unbelievable. Going forward through the weeks ahead into early September, I see absolutely nothing likely to induce me to tune in. 

Occasional Contributor

Spurt, you are absolutely hilarious!!  I was almost rolling on the floor laughting with each description of the many fashion events offered for the week and weekend to come.  You have to admit they have to sell back to school items in August.  When else would you sell them?  This has to include clothing for back to school and laptops and other computers as well.  But why not make it more fun??  Remember in the old days, you had games and spinning of a wheel and possibly an opportunity to win money or QVC dollars.  It made it a little more entertaining.  Plus these show hosts don't keep me on the edge of my seats like Kathy Levine and Jeffrey Hewson used to!!  You never knew whether there would be a catfight or a make-out session!!  Live TV!!  I loved it!!  Isaac Mizrahi, not so much!!

Occasional Contributor

I thought the article was hilarious and very much on point!! The pictures of the cute little animals in fall fashion get-ups had me in stitches.  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR  Hi SHOPR, glad you liked the weekend update.  I just posted the financial results for 2nd quarter under Q TALK!!!!  As I mentioned in my thoughts on the results ( I think it's the 2nd response), the numbers aren't quite adding up and JMHO but I think it's the shipping.  And I think the flat returns are reflecting that people are being more careful in what they purchased I know I am.  My recent orders have been the CI Chickadees and the Jim Shore Harvest Stacker.....both are vendors I trust!

Have a good week!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

It is a mystery... And looking ahead, it's just more of the same. Lousy week day programming of the same handful of brands and even worse weekend programming. Coming up on Saturday is another of their all day marathons (beauty again) and then another day of Dyson on Sunday.  It's actually rather unbelievable. Going forward through the weeks ahead into early September, I see absolutely nothing likely to induce me to tune in. 

@stevieb  I posted a separate thread on the financials but something doesn't quite fit.....the math just seems a little shall we say "fuzzy"........I expanded my thoughts in the other thread.....will be interested to see what you think

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”