Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? WEEKEND PREVIEW-FASHION, BACK TO SCHOOL, AND HAIR!

I just peeked ahead at the program guide (always a mistake) and realized we have a trifecta of boringness this weekend.  First, today which has been an extravaganza of made-in-China Christmas junk.  Haven't even bothered with a Q check.

Then tomorrow, they'll trot out all their potions and powders that claim they will make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  I can hardly wait for that special treat, the Philosophy suds bowl.

Finally Sunday, to bring us back down to earth, Dyson!!!  Yes, folks it will be all Dyson, all the time.  Lucky Teganslaw...she has to work this week-end.  We should all be so lucky.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  There are still a few hosts I like, far fewer I can tolerate, but given the qwappy merchandise, there isn't a single one that can induce me to tune in 'just to see'... Their new 'it' girl, well, isn't 'it'... The entire Monday line-up is a miss and although I never was a fan of the beauty shows, including Friday Night Beauty, LR's presence more or less anchoring the Monday and Friday line-ups is sorely missed... I'm sure most of the hosts are good people, but given what they're presenting over and over again, they don't make for compelling viewing and some of them, especially in too frequent doses, are just annoying. I mean really, why would I watch?

@stevieb  the hosts that I still consider enjoyable to watch seem to be dwindling for me too and 2 have been missing in action (Carolyn and Lisa M.)... add in merchandise that I am not remotely interested in, and QVC seems to have nothing to attract me to tune in these days...I'm not into any of the beauty shows and never was a fan.....At least some of the shows featuring Lisa had some different products---like her jewery shows and her Christmas Shows.....And I wholeheartedly agree, there is no current hosts with the "it factor" .... a couple that the Q seemed to be counting on to "carry the torch" well just haven't!!!  

STEVIE as I'm flipping through the channels, I notice that some of the hosts appear on air a little too often.....but yes I guess we should give them some consideration just imagine they have to present the same stuff over and over and over so it must be boring as heck!!!!  ....  And is it my imagination, or sans David V's trip to North Carolina (saw it on David & Mary's FB) .....haven't there been less remote "events" this year???????????? Of course, considering Q's "special events" perhaps that's considered a definite good thing Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I work this weekend, so won't be watching QVC. Besides, Sunday is the Colts preseason game, and though I'll miss the first half, I'll be home in time for the second part. It's suppose to be telecast on our local station; sometimes TV schedules change, so I hope the game really is on.

I never watched QVC enough to have a favorite host. Never really warmed up to LR; didn't really dislike her, just couldn't figure out why she was so popular. But I know others feel differently.

I like the photos of the cats sleeping; all the cats I've ever had slept in really strange positions. Has anyone noticed that cats never seem to have insomnia? Wonder what their secret is?

@teganslaw  Hi TEGAN!!! How are you?  Sorry you had to work and miss part of the Colts game.....but it's a blessing since you will miss the Q's boring lineup...LOL!  I got aggravated about which team's preseason the NFL Network is chosing to show during prime time, I don't expect them to show my Redskins, since they have been pretty lousy...LOL!!! But I would like to see the Andrew Luck and the Colts, and some of the other teams rather than the Patriots, Giants, Bucs!!!!  

I agree TEGAN cats have really found the secret cure for insomnia, and nothing can stop them for taking a cat nap no matter what the time or place is---Cat LOLCat LOLCat LOL  And sometimes their sleep positions are rather unique!!! Cat LOLCat LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I just peeked ahead at the program guide (always a mistake) and realized we have a trifecta of boringness this weekend.  First, today which has been an extravaganza of made-in-China Christmas junk.  Haven't even bothered with a Q check.

Then tomorrow, they'll trot out all their potions and powders that claim they will make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  I can hardly wait for that special treat, the Philosophy suds bowl.

Finally Sunday, to bring us back down to earth, Dyson!!!  Yes, folks it will be all Dyson, all the time.  Lucky Teganslaw...she has to work this week-end.  We should all be so lucky.

@Kachina624  Hi KACHINA!!!  Well as much as I like Christmas.....how many Bliss Lights or variations can one endure---along with the "gals" from Frozen, and that lighted race track.....along with mercury spheres in millions of different styles (rolling my eyes).....

With all the claims from all the beauty and cosmetic companies shouldn''t the hosts and vendors look like they are 19---LOL!!!

Nothing entices me to turn the channel FASTER than the sound of a vacuum Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

And would you just look!  How exciting! morethanablender is back this coming Sunday! What a thrill! 

I see they're not even doing a Gold Day redux over the weekend, as they had been doing with their weekday jewelry extravaganzas... Nosiree... don't want to miss even an hour of that blender... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

And would you just look!  How exciting! morethanablender is back this coming Sunday! What a thrill! 

I see they're not even doing a Gold Day redux over the weekend, as they had been doing with their weekday jewelry extravaganzas... Nosiree... don't want to miss even an hour of that blender... 

I just got a glance at the TSV and I know there are people out there who love Temp-tations (and I am NOT one of them) but that giant old world pattern on those dishes is just hideous.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I just got a glance at the TSV and I know there are people out there who love Temp-tations (and I am NOT one of them) but that giant old world pattern on those dishes is just hideous.

Hey KS...  I see the WHOLE day today is being spent in that kitchen...

All the joy...  Oh wait, that's the Christmas mantra...

Either way...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Hey KS...  I see the WHOLE day today is being spent in that kitchen...

All the joy...  Oh wait, that's the Christmas mantra...

Either way...

Yes, and also all the joy of 30 days of Temp-tations.  NOT!  

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call