Respected Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? Preview 10/31-Nov1-COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS & BLACK FRIDAY DEALS

Spurt...When you do these post you just make me SMILE!

Regular Contributor

Hi Spurt!  Wow! Some of those cats really looked ticked off! How did

they get the ghost dogs to sit still?!  Great pictures (again).

Saw an article written by Natalie Robehmed on Forbes site.  It's

all about Joan Rivers and her relationship with QVC - dated

10/27/15 in the "Media & Entertainment" section.  Think you'll

find it interesting...  Amazing how much she earned for the Q.

Scrolling through your pictures again - love the fat cat in the tutu

and tiara, clutching the plastic pumpkin.  I could NEVER have gotten

any of our cats into costumes.  Well, enjoy your conference and

upcoming weekend. Thanks for giving us a reason to laugh!  Sue

Valued Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

The cat and dogs dressed up like ghosts are so adorable! I would give them lots of treats.

Countdown to Christmas already.... Didn't the Q just have Christmas in July or something similar? Just how many Christmas shows can one have? Probably the more shows they have, the more money people will spend for the holidays. Or so they hope.

Next year expect to see Countdown to Christmas on February 25th

@jackthebear  Hi JACKTHEBEAR---Oh you mean like they do with the capris and crop pants which QVC starts hawking on New Year's Day (even though most people have snow on the ground) and they don't stop until October..........And let's not forget the gardening stuff which seems like they start the day afer Christmas...Woman LOLWoman Wink

at this rate I will be happy to see Phillip Watson on January 2nd

It has been non stop Christmas SINCE July this year. I love everything about Christmas, but QVC is turning me into the Grinch with this once a week Christmas programming. 

But no matter how much they try to make me buy that fake Simon toy, or bliss lights, or stuff me with gourmet food, I will still run and hide when Phillip Watson appears in January along with the ever predictable exercise equipment and Nutrisystem!

Esteemed Contributor

Hey @Spurt have a great time at your conference and thanks for another hilarious version of QVC's weekend programming.

Ah Halloween!  I love Halloween.  I have my scarecrow and jack o lanterns out on the front porch now and put the tombstones up along the fenceline this weekend.  I had to have an electrician out a few weeks ago and when I was giving directions - he said oh yours is the house that lights up the mailbox.  Guilty as charged.  I have to say that the discovery of battery operated lights opened up a whole new world for me (since my mailbox is across the road from house with no way to run electricity to it).

Great pictures of the animals in their finery.

I'll probably watch AM style since I enjoy Leah but after that, the other programming for Saturday and Sunday will drive me off to other options.

don't forget about the time change -- we get an extra hour of sleep (well maybe) but lose that light at night (boo hiss).

take care everyone and have a great weekend, whatever you do.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sue in cincinnati I found that article you referenced, boy that is very interesting for sure.

QVC does up to 75% markup on jewelry! Yowza. 

That will make me think twice about any purchases I'm inclined to make.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi, spurt!  another hilarious post from you & thank you so much these funny reviews that, for me, are spot on.

the kitty w/the tiara wrapped around the plastic pumpkin is a hoot!

oh, a "snorning good time" is the perfect way you described a day of mattresses.  i may be having a little weekend snore myself, but i'm not watching one more mattress presentation ever.  i'd rather watch paint dry.

gee, i enjoyed your maine coon cat story from last weeks post!  my sister (is this what DS stands for on the forum?  i'm new to this stuff & a dinosaur to boot!)  has two of them & like yours, they are so dog like. 

if we roll up a little piece of paper & bat it on the floor to one of them, he bats it back!  & this goes on & on like a kitty hockey game!

the other one fetches his fuzzy toy & drops it at your feet for another toss.  they are really a lot of fun.

safe travels to your conference & happy football weekend! 

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

In the name of all that's good, right and fair, have you LOOKED at what's coming up this weekend... Back to back generic gift shows on Saturday and a full day of mattresses on Sunday... and THIS is supposed to inspire the old Ho-Ho-Ho... You might want to re-think that one, Q....

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

QVC has been running a spot stating that from now until x-mas, every weekend is going to be  Countdown to Christmas, gift giving shows.  Now there is something to look forward to right?  LOL

I'll be out of town beginning tomorrow morning and we'll be coming back later on Monday so I'll miss all the wonderful programming.  Perhaps I should fire up the dvr?   

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva every weekend?  Oh heavens no!  Well I'm so going to plan my weekends around that programming!  No I am not.

Oh well 157 channels and nothing on, what else is new?  I've been recording programs (other channels) when I'm out so I have plenty to watch w/o having to pine for QVC's lame offerings.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

QVC has been running a spot stating that from now until x-mas, every weekend is going to be  Countdown to Christmas, gift giving shows.  Now there is something to look forward to right?  LOL

I'll be out of town beginning tomorrow morning and we'll be coming back later on Monday so I'll miss all the wonderful programming.  Perhaps I should fire up the dvr?   

Why...?

Woman Wink

Not only is it lethally boring viewing, but anything you might potentially miss @Lipstickdiva will no doubt be presented again, at least a hundred times, before all the joy... comes to a screeching halt...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...