Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? Preview 10/17-18 VINTAGE, MORE GIFTS, AND CHOCOLATE!

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt I have GOT to get to HomeGoods, the items sound like so much fun.  There just isn't one that is close enough for me to make it a quick dash out and back.

I think I'm skipping The Martian, too.  I'm waiting for Star Wars!

@GinaV24  Well I hope the stores in your area have everything switched over and unpacked so you get to see all their Christmas goodies.......

I did enjoy Star Wars and will definitely see the new movie for that one....but I was more of a Star Trek fan (the original) but NOT a trekkie by any means....

Live long and prosper....Woman Wink

Image result for cats dressed like star trek

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Hello @Spurt...  I didn't do much of anything last weekend, though it was pretty nice here, as has been most of the week, though we have had a bit of a warm-up. Still, the evenings have been cool and thus far, anyway, it's not warmed up too awfully during the days. All in all, we've had a couple of nicer weeks of fall weather., with some days being more crisp and cool than others, but overall, it's been pleasant and the trees are just beginning to turn.

I too visited Homegoods the other day and yep, they've got a good bit of the Christmas stuff ready to put out... The store was in disarray as they move out fall and move in Christmas... I didn't buy anything seasonal, and am not planning to this year. Too much already, and won't be using hardly any of the Christmas items I already have. I've decided, once and for all, that this is the year for me to 'treat' Christmas as I feel it should be treated, which is to say very minimally. It's reached the point in my life where it's but a blip on the screen, so instead of working myself into a frenzy, I'll put up a very small tree I already have, hang a few wreaths, bring in a few real seasonal plants or flowers and call it done, without even so much as unpacking the plethora of Chrismas boxes I have stored in various locations.  For far too many years, it's been a frantic experience. Then it's here and then it's gone, and was so underwhelming that the whole thing was just grossly anticlimactic, so not biting this year... I want it to be simple and easy.

I can't remember the last time I went to JCP. First, there are so few stores in my area and then there are the prices. For a company that's long been perceived as a very middle class 'family' store, they seem to want more than top dollar for everything. I also miss the booklets and flyers they used to send out so regularly. As I mentioned not long ago, I have been in the market for some rugs and a new easy chair and thought they might be a good 'go to' source for moderate pricing.  Wrong. Their prices were ludicrous, so why shop there when I can find those prices anywhere. I don't know how their 'recovery' is going, by the sound of your experience, not exactly swimmingly. I don't know, it seems like whoever took the helm still needs to revert back to some of the marketing strategies that made JCP more of a shopping resource than it appears it currently is, or is likely to be again... without some significant adjustments.

Hoping you had a good week and are all ready for a blissful... Q weekend, featuring, on Sunday, YET another day spent in that kitchen, with Kitchen Aid being the focus of the day... Needless to say, I won't be watching... Not even for a New York minute. I mean really, why would I? There's nothing of interest here anymore.  And, like JCP, they need some serious price adjustments.

@stevieb  Hi STEVIE---Your weather sounds so wonderful---make sure you take advantage of it and enjoy every minute of it....The weather here is a STEAMBATH and it's late October---they keep talking about this big rain storm (triple threat) which is supposed to be a "frog strangler" and possible flooding, but so far it's nothing but some drizzle every now and then and a boost in the humidity.......at least it's supposed to be nice (in the 70's) next week once this storm system passes by---for ONCE I hope their accurate....Woman Frustrated

As for your Christmas...You have an excellent plan in place, putting up just the amount of decorations that you enjoy for the season.....The small tree, the wreath and seasonal plants sounds lovely.  And considering you'd have to have haul stuff from storage at your mom's and bring it up to your place--it does sound like a heck of a lot of work....(just make sure any real plants are not posionous for Nick---but I'm sure you know about that already anyway....Woman Wink)

I am kinda having buyers remorse for getting that big 7.5 tree last year.....I should've went with the 6 ft more manageable one....But gee the prices were about the same and the 7.5 came with more bells and whistles (the instant power pole and all) versus finding the chord thing......Oh well, these trees don't last long anyway, and when it's time for a new one I'll down size then........But I certainly don't need any more decorations....I buy things to replace some that have become a bit ragged....like that snowman at Home Goods---it was to replace a snowman I had purchased at Hancock Fabrics year's ago.....  Now on the other hand, if there is something really unique that I see to refresh my whole look, then that's another whole story....Woman WinkWoman Very Happy  But I ALWAYS enjoy browsing the Christmas decor and the displays sometimes give me ideas for stuff I already have......

Well JCP and the Q are such parrallel companies.....run to the ground by electronic "geniuses" and are a shadow of their former selves and prices are uncompetitive....  (except for their fashion jewelry and handbags).  I mean really their bedspread was ON SALE for $129----REALLY????.....That's a SALE!!!!  I can find a better bargain at Macy's or Dillards.....And Home Goods, Marshalls, and Stein Mart will beat that price any day!!!   We have what I call the "Gucci Mall" all "high end" stores....they kicked Walgreens out (not high brow enough even though it seemed to do a good business)....anyway, JCP moved in there and I was a bit shocked---weren't they  beneath Sak's, Gucci's, Nordstroms.....wasn't JCP so "middle class"....I just wonder how they are doing over there.....(I think I might go there ONCE a year---and it's always because a friend needed to go there---not my mall or shopping venue of my choice)..... I got a bit curious and per their August report....their sales increased 4.1% over last  year---Gee even their sales figures sound like QVC's---LOL!!!  If I were JCP I would check out that Target Store that's always JAMMED PACKED in the shopping center I frequent and find out what Target is doing---!!!  Oh the wonderful world of retail, the customers can clearly see what's wrong, but these high paid execs are CLUELESS!!!

Yep just like your rug.....when better prices, quality and choices can be found at Home Goods, Stein Mart, Target, Marshalls.......And even when Yankee Sturbridge Workshop can beat their price ....they have a problem!!!

Oh yes....another "blissful" weekend ahead from the Q----nothing of interest there...although I might turn on AM STYLE for a laugh.....

Hope you've had a good week---and an enjoyable weekend ahead....You can even take a book and find a nice place outside to read and enjoy your beautiful fall weather!!!!   ..Woman Very Happy..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, @Spurt, it appears our lovely weather is on hiatus. Today is cool but rather dreary. The week, though, was beautiful, even if the mid to latter part of the week was a tad warmer (low 70's) than I'd have preferred...

Yep, I too regret buying that new tree last year. Even if it was somewhat of a bargain, I suspect last year might have been the only year it'll see the light of day. As noted, this year, it's my small, 'rustic' tree, and that's it... I'm finally going to get rid of the old Martha Stewart (can La Marm trees be far behind...) tree that has been around for a decade and has honestly seen better days...  And speaking of La Marm, I was flipping channels last night and happened upon her Holiday show...  OMG, it just gets worse and worse. Please, if they weren't going to give someone else a shot at them, they should've brought Lisa back just to do these shows... There she was in her 'test pattern' skirt, with enough chunky jewelry to be distracting, futzing with her sleeves and her cardigan and uttering her fake oohs and ahhs, talking up her 'other decor show' (if you call THAT a decor show...), her instagram and FB friends, and all the while doing her 'me-me-me-I-I-I' mantra... I turned it off. Quickly. Unlike years past where the sets were pretty and could actually have been someone's home, this year, while pretty, they more resembled a holiday warehouse... I've never been a fan, but it's reached the point that I simply cannot abide that woman... She IS the female version of the Court Jester and she needs to learn 'humble'...

As for this weekend on Q, well yes, another no-fly zone for me... I did, though, visit The Maxx last evening and noted that like Homegoods, they too have begun putting out their holiday items. I'll venture back to the TJX stores and probably to Target over the next few days, but as for the Once Mighty and their resident 'decorator', not a chance in heck...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  Hi STEVIE---Sorry about your dreary days, I actually don't mind them--kind of a nice change of pace here, send 'em our way Woman Wink....Well after the weather morons modified their forecasts for the millioneth time---they finally got it right and we got some rain---of course, funny coincidence that all the computer models predicted 100% rain for Saturday!!!  When I got up this morning and let the cats on the patio it was like living in a tropical rain forest---but as the morning went along---the second part of the storm---the cool front arrived and drove out the humidity--and it's nice and cool with rain coming down--and boy do we need it---I don't know what the remnants of the hurricane from Mexico will bring later this afternoon---hail, tornado warnings---can't rely on those meteorologists who are standing by to advise...(ROLLING EYES)

I was actually TEMPTED to buy something on AM STYLE this morning---a Tig handbag----I don't have problems with the PVC handles---and I'm hard on my bags---my purse should be declared a "weapon" it's so heavy---just the usual stuff (wallet, sunglasses, cell phone, brush, makeup for touch ups)....Anyway Tig had a nice dome stachel bag---I don't like big bags lean more to the smallish medium size and this fit the bill and on EP too....But then I considered their $11 shipping charge (REALLY QVC?)---And just thought I could do better at TJ's, Marshall's, or Stein Mart......so despite the temptation, the Q LOST a sale........

And for their "BIGGEST COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS EVER"....according to the host----it was SNOOZEVILLE---with the SAME CALISTA TOOL that was JUST the TSV hogging a big chunk of air time, guess they had problems selling them...Then the Vionic slippers with that "fascinating" demo.....boots, sweaters, scarf, and pants...I was SHOCKED to see a Stan Herman item---thought QVC dumped him as he is SELDOM on anymore---I have a robe of his--quite nice!!  I heard that ANNOYING Saturday Morning Q song and couldnt grab my remote fast enough!!!  Woman Tongue

Ah yes.....LM's extravaganza holiday shows-- (she caught me in an exhausted state having come from the grocery store and finished up cleaning my house and too tired to turn the channel so I watched the whole blooming thing!).....She should've been wearing a mask to protect herself from all that "dangerous" glitter!!!   The only thing that didn't have glitter was our host's hair!!!  The set looked nice. The Polar Bear was kinda cute and the antique sleigh was nice ......But come on MORE lanterns and finials, and MORE Lenox ornaments--PLEEAAASSEE!!!  And yet another Christmas Tree!!!!--yes this one was flocked, but so was ED's!!!  Of course the expected Byer's Choice....I didn't like the porcelain reindeer and sleigh looked like a cheap copy of other's I've seen. ..Thought the mercury glass ornaments weren't particularly well done (not as nice as what Bronners sells)....And was the ribbon, picks, and Father Christmas items a nod to LR fans perhaps.......Overall---NOT IMPRESSED!!!  I know she had a lot of sell outs--.....but none for me......And I laughed out loud that LM who had taken her show off the schedule in order to celebrate her wedding anniversary is now canceling next week so she can do the Halloween thing!!!  (I mean reallyQVC just  give Alberti the decor show---go out on a limb---do something different)....Oh I know it's not even worth writing about---the home decor "expert" has cornered the market at the Q----But someone must have read a few comments intervened and suggested that the references to "I designed/created" be toned down and give more nods to VPH's collaborators.....

I think my remote has a "I'D TURN BACK IF I WERE YOU" with regards to QVC---I have no desire to hear the story of argan oil or see hosts munch down food!!! 

Not sure what I will do today, depends on the weather

Enjoy TJ's and Target---HAPPY SHOPPING!!!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  Hi STEVIE---Sorry about your dreary days, I actually don't mind them--kind of a nice change of pace here, send 'em our way Woman Wink....Well after the weather morons modified their forecasts for the millioneth time---they finally got it right and we got some rain---of course, funny coincidence that all the computer models predicted 100% rain for Saturday!!!  When I got up this morning and let the cats on the patio it was like living in a tropical rain forest---but as the morning went along---the second part of the storm---the cool front arrived and drove out the humidity--and it's nice and cool with rain coming down--and boy do we need it---I don't know what the remnants of the hurricane from Mexico will bring later this afternoon---hail, tornado warnings---can't rely on those meteorologists who are standing by to advise...(ROLLING EYES)

I was actually TEMPTED to buy something on AM STYLE this morning---a Tig handbag----I don't have problems with the PVC handles---and I'm hard on my bags---my purse should be declared a "weapon" it's so heavy---just the usual stuff (wallet, sunglasses, cell phone, brush, makeup for touch ups)....Anyway Tig had a nice dome stachel bag---I don't like big bags lean more to the smallish medium size and this fit the bill and on EP too....But then I considered their $11 shipping charge (REALLY QVC?)---And just thought I could do better at TJ's, Marshall's, or Stein Mart......so despite the temptation, the Q LOST a sale........

And for their "BIGGEST COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS EVER"....according to the host----it was SNOOZEVILLE---with the SAME CALISTA TOOL that was JUST the TSV hogging a big chunk of air time, guess they had problems selling them...Then the Vionic slippers with that "fascinating" demo.....boots, sweaters, scarf, and pants...I was SHOCKED to see a Stan Herman item---thought QVC dumped him as he is SELDOM on anymore---I have a robe of his--quite nice!!  I heard that ANNOYING Saturday Morning Q song and couldnt grab my remote fast enough!!!  Woman Tongue

Ah yes.....LM's extravaganza holiday shows-- (she caught me in an exhausted state having come from the grocery store and finished up cleaning my house and too tired to turn the channel so I watched the whole blooming thing!).....She should've been wearing a mask to protect herself from all that "dangerous" glitter!!!   The only thing that didn't have glitter was our host's hair!!!  The set looked nice. The Polar Bear was kinda cute and the antique sleigh was nice ......But come on MORE lanterns and finials, and MORE Lenox ornaments--PLEEAAASSEE!!!  And yet another Christmas Tree!!!!--yes this one was flocked, but so was ED's!!!  Of course the expected Byer's Choice....I didn't like the porcelain reindeer and sleigh looked like a cheap copy of other's I've seen. ..Thought the mercury glass ornaments weren't particularly well done (not as nice as what Bronners sells)....And was the ribbon, picks, and Father Christmas items a nod to LR fans perhaps.......Overall---NOT IMPRESSED!!!  I know she had a lot of sell outs--.....but none for me......And I laughed out loud that LM who had taken her show off the schedule in order to celebrate her wedding anniversary is now canceling next week so she can do the Halloween thing!!!  (I mean reallyQVC just  give Alberti the decor show---go out on a limb---do something different)....Oh I know it's not even worth writing about---the home decor "expert" has cornered the market at the Q----But someone must have read a few comments intervened and suggested that the references to "I designed/created" be toned down and give more nods to VPH's collaborators.....

I think my remote has a "I'D TURN BACK IF I WERE YOU" with regards to QVC---I have no desire to hear the story of argan oil or see hosts munch down food!!! 

Not sure what I will do today, depends on the weather

Enjoy TJ's and Target---HAPPY SHOPPING!!!  Woman Very Happy

Just finishing up over here @Spurt... 

Oh PUHLEEEZE Spurt, "too tired to change the channel..." Tsk, tsk... Did your nose grow when you keyed that one in?"

Smiley Wink

It's all right... Lots of folks are drawn to the holiday decor shows, and obviously have better endurance and/or more tolerance than do I. She's now right up there with RD, I cannot and will not watch her. The self-importance and self-congratulation are just legion and frankly, offensive... She increasingly just comes across as arrogant. And yes, I couldn't agree more... Take a chance, Q, if you're not going to offer fresher merchandise then at least let a more fresh host present it... Please, let the Test Pattern have her Martha wannabe shows, but really, enough is enough... And nope, no Q for me this weekend. Just. Not. Interested. How could I be?

Smart move to buy your bag elsewhere...  That 'try on fee' just continues to amaze... and not in a good way. Best to check the other sources you mention before over-paying here, and then waiting interminably for your item to be delivered... assuming it ever is, NOT a given in my recent experience.

Not to worry about this dreary day, it was actually quite pleasant. Dreary, yes, with but a few flashes of sun, but cool and a good fall day, though I'm hoping we don't get a long string of the drearies... I headed out early (for me) went back to the Maxx to pick up an item I'd meant to get before leaving yesterday (it was gone, of course), went to the grocery store and had lunch. While I could've then spent the remainder of the day being industrious, I opted, instead, to lay about and read... Glad you got some rain and cooler temperatures. 

Hoping you have a good week.

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  STEVIE---- I was actually EXHAUSTED you see those weather morons had everyone scurrying to the grocery store to prepare themselves for the "monster storm" so the store was just jammed packed with frantic shoppers---which just added an element of "adventure" to the total grocery store experience!!! Woman Tongue  And when I got home I did some MAJOR housework---really mopped scrubbed and shined......I wanted to free up my weekend for just some relaxing....Now it's TRUE I could have managed to grab the remote sitting on the coffee table inches away from the couch which I was reclining on.....and I guess I'll have to admit a bit of curiousity got the best of me too to watch the LM show to see what "spectacular" items she had spent months, perhaps a year to present.....---Woman WinkWoman LOL

I concur a host that displays arrogance and smugness and a condenscending attitude certainly is not inviting me to make purchases or even watch....And then when did hosts dictate to QVC when their shows air based on the host's personal schedule....my my that must be nice!!!!  Has QVC become a dictatorship with a "home expert" at the helm...---.But I guess Mr. G is busy eating crossiants in France and has no clue.....Maybe LM's ultimate goal is to take over mom's old spot....Woman LOL...Now that's a SCARY thought.....Woman Surprised

So tell me STEVIE resident baganista---do they line the QVC box with inlayed 14 karat gold tissue paper is that why the shipping is close to $12 on handbags!!!!  And if the bag is unsatisfactory that is quite a bit of change to lose if returned!!!---One has to wonder if QVC really wants to stay in business!!! 

You can guess what I'll be doing Sunday Woman Wink..... and I imagine you want to finish that good book you started yesterday or explore the wonderful world of LOCAL retail......So I guess we will miss that "exciting" surprise QVC is going to unveil on Sunday??????  (COUGH COUGH GAG ME)! Woman Tongue

BTW no monster storm appeared....we had some nice rain, the rain let up early Saturday evening.....and now the skies are cloudy but the sun is trying to break through, but it's soooooo nice and cool---I opened my windows up to ENJOY! Woman Very Happy

Have a good week!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey @Spurt (and @GinaV24 you might 'get' this too)... looks like it must've rained here overnight or earlier this morning, but it appears to be trying to clear off now... at least a bit, though it could go either way. No idea what I'll be doing today, if anything. Housework should be the goal, but I sort of doubt it.

Yes, I too was surprised to learn that La Marm now dictates the entire QVC schedule. Gosh by golly wow, is she important or what... Why the entire Q universe just revolves around her, and let's face it, with La Marm around, well, the buyers and designers, along with the entire programming department... just become superfluous... In fact, as a cost saving measure, really, all they need is Marm du Test Pattern... 

Spurt, I assume you don't follow my antics over on the handbag threads, but I'm reforming. I'm trying very hard to limit my handbag purchases and quite honestly, as noted before, almost never buy them (or much of anything else...) from here anymore... Full retail, high shipping, the 'try on fee'... Nope, this is not a significant handbag destination for me these days and hasn't been for quite some time... But I can tell you there is absolutely nothing I can see that the Q does to justify that stiff shipping price tag... No gold foil, no express couriers, no soignee gift cards or packaging... Nope, it's the same plastic bag inside the same too large plain brown box... We're talking nada here...

No, no Q viewing or shopping today for me either... Ahhh the kitchen... Ahhh a 'surprise'...  Ahhhhh where's the remote... Frankly, it's days like this that highlight the fact that sitting and watching the static but still beautiful view of fall trees outside one's window has more appeal than watching THIS...

But let's take a moment, shall we, to enumerate the glaringly lovely gift ideas the Once Mighty has unleashed for us thus far this weekend... Before doing so, however, let me highlight that the Q is once again having one of their Flash EP events (I suspect THAT was the surprise...) so run (don't walk) to your computer and IF you can find anything you actually want... AND that they actually have in stock... why you too can enjoy the installment plan... No discounts, no shipping breaks, but the installment plan... Now, as for that positively fabulous gift array that Mikey and company have brought before our wondering eyes... as but part of their amazing-amazing annual gift giving extravaganza...

• Windshield and side mirror covers (I'm betting folks down south and out west have a great deal of use for that one...)
  • RFID card covers... (exciting...)
  • A humidifier (another annual offering...)
  • Video camera glasses (can we say 'gimmick'...)
  • Essentially, a heating pad... (not glamorous, but at least potentially useful...)
  • Disney, Disney and more Disney (who cares... and really Q, "Frozen" is so three years ago...)
  • Argaaaaaaaaaan Oil (innovative, no? No, you say... and priced less elsewhere...)
  • Vacuum cleaners (now THIS is innovation...)
  • A turkey deep fryer (something most folks MIGHT use once a year, if that...)
  • Yet more Duraflame heaters (another annual event...)
  • Hair styling devices... (this doesn't even warrant a comment...)
  • A jumper cable... (and YET another annual offering... and this one really ups the 'glam' factor, doesn't it...)
  • A hair growing helmet (I kid you not...)
  • Candy and cookies and apples, oh my! (again, as every other year...)
  • The heel scraper (but of course, you just KNEW this one would have to be in there.... And remember, it makes just the PEFECT hostess gift...)
  • Fleece pajamas (aren't the romantic...)
  • Identity protection rubber stamps... (all of the joy...)
  • And last, but certainly not least... yes... drum roll please... an ARRAY of flashlights, and some even have BLING (now THIS says Merry Christmas...)

I don't know Spurt, but I think they need to approach the Surgeon General for a warning label...  After all, those with certain medical conditions might just become too excited by all this... And those without, well, the whole 'no operating heavy machinery' thing would apply, you know, due to that potential woozy factor...

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Hey @Spurt (and @GinaV24 you might 'get' this too)... looks like it must've rained here overnight or earlier this morning, but it appears to be trying to clear off now... at least a bit, though it could go either way. No idea what I'll be doing today, if anything. Housework should be the goal, but I sort of doubt it.

Yes, I too was surprised to learn that La Marm now dictates the entire QVC schedule. Gosh by golly wow, is she important or what... Why the entire Q universe just revolves around her, and let's face it, with La Marm around, well, the buyers and designers, along with the entire programming department... just become superfluous... In fact, as a cost saving measure, really, all they need is Marm du Test Pattern... 

Spurt, I assume you don't follow my antics over on the handbag threads, but I'm reforming. I'm trying very hard to limit my handbag purchases and quite honestly, as noted before, almost never buy them (or much of anything else...) from here anymore... Full retail, high shipping, the 'try on fee'... Nope, this is not a significant handbag destination for me these days and hasn't been for quite some time... But I can tell you there is absolutely nothing I can see that the Q does to justify that stiff shipping price tag... No gold foil, no express couriers, no soignee gift cards or packaging... Nope, it's the same plastic bag inside the same too large plain brown box... We're talking nada here...

No, no Q viewing or shopping today for me either... Ahhh the kitchen... Ahhh a 'surprise'...  Ahhhhh where's the remote... Frankly, it's days like this that highlight the fact that sitting and watching the static but still beautiful view of fall trees outside one's window has more appeal than watching THIS...

But let's take a moment, shall we, to enumerate the glaringly lovely gift ideas the Once Mighty has unleashed for us thus far this weekend... Before doing so, however, let me highlight that the Q is once again having one of their Flash EP events (I suspect THAT was the surprise...) so run (don't walk) to your computer and IF you can find anything you actually want... AND that they actually have in stock... why you too can enjoy the installment plan... No discounts, no shipping breaks, but the installment plan... Now, as for that positively fabulous gift array that Mikey and company have brought before our wondering eyes... as but part of their amazing-amazing annual gift giving extravaganza...

• Windshield and side mirror covers (I'm betting folks down south and out west have a great deal of use for that one...)
  • RFID card covers... (exciting...)
  • A humidifier (another annual offering...)
  • Video camera glasses (can we say 'gimmick'...)
  • Essentially, a heating pad... (not glamorous, but at least potentially useful...)
  • Disney, Disney and more Disney (who cares... and really Q, "Frozen" is so three years ago...)
  • Argaaaaaaaaaan Oil (innovative, no? No, you say... and priced less elsewhere...)
  • Vacuum cleaners (now THIS is innovation...)
  • A turkey deep fryer (something most folks MIGHT use once a year, if that...)
  • Yet more Duraflame heaters (another annual event...)
  • Hair styling devices... (this doesn't even warrant a comment...)
  • A jumper cable... (and YET another annual offering... and this one really ups the 'glam' factor, doesn't it...)
  • A hair growing helmet (I kid you not...)
  • Candy and cookies and apples, oh my! (again, as every other year...)
  • The heel scraper (but of course, you just KNEW this one would have to be in there.... And remember, it makes just the PEFECT hostess gift...)
  • Fleece pajamas (aren't the romantic...)
  • Identity protection rubber stamps... (all of the joy...)
  • And last, but certainly not least... yes... drum roll please... an ARRAY of flashlights, and some even have BLING (now THIS says Merry Christmas...)

I don't know Spurt, but I think they need to approach the Surgeon General for a warning label...  After all, those with certain medical conditions might just become too excited by all this... And those without, well, the whole 'no operating heavy machinery' thing would apply, you know, due to that potential woozy factor...

Woman Wink

@stevieb  ...Monday I was flipping through the channels on my way to watch Dancing With The Stars (Halloween edition which is always fun).....and as I ZOOMED past QVC what did I behold but there was our favorite host doing G.I.L.I. ---REALLY??? Has QVC reached the bottom of the barrel? Or is LM trying to put a feather in her cap by taking over all of LR's shows to thoroughly entrench herself as QVC "queen"  (afterall it appears that Shawny Sue isn't exactly getting rave reviews)...But really GILI doesn't seem her style at all, and neither does Q's choice of vendors for this line (talking about two fish out of water--)-womantongue:......But I think this is an appropriate analogy since this network appears to a sinking ship considering their SPECTACULAR holiday gift selection that you pointed out!!!......GLUB! GLUB!! 

Nope I don't go to the handbag threads....I stick mostly to Q Talk, Home, Holiday, and of course Sports...occasionally check out Fashion....So I missed all the interesting conversation about Q and handbags and your pithy comments....So handbaginistas only get the usual box and plastic for $12 ....  Gee I can get a steak dinner at Outback for that price!!!!   But then I'm sure Q must be making a fortune on shipping from the Logo Lock fans....just from that bag alone!!! 

Warning label is RIGHT!!!  And also a number for mental health so some of these people can get their head examined and realize that QVC is overpriced on their shipping and their merchandise, and the fact the Q ain't the only retailer out there.....

Have a good week and weekend! Take Care!

Honored Contributor

Spurt, @Spurt, I agree with you on just who should and who shouldn't be hosting Gili shows... and on who should and shouldn't have been given the somewhat lofty title of "creative director". Personally, I think they should've rebranded when Lisa left... The brand doesn't seemed to carry the panache it once did...  As for Marmsy, yes, I think she would like to see herself fashioned as the new Queen of Q... Unfortunately, she's much more suited to the Dowager role...

Woman Wink

And yes ma'am, some sorry Christmas list, I'd say...

You too, have a good week...