Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? Preview 10/17-18 VINTAGE, MORE GIFTS, AND CHOCOLATE!

SPURT, No, I didn't buy any of those cookies for the game. The one with Brady's photo-where he looks like Lurch-could be used for Halloween, though.Woman LOL The picture is enough to scare anyone. I do like the broken cell phone cookie.

I'm not into baseball. My sister lives in Chicago, though, and likes the Cubs, so she will be watching the NLCS. I can imagine what Chicago will be like if the Cubs make it to the World Series.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? Preview 10/17-10/18 VINTAGE, MORE GIFTS, AND CHOCOLATE!

[ Edited ]

@stevieb---STEVIE STEVIE STEVIE------Do I have to point out the fact the SPURS have won 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS, while the CHEATERS have won 4---

Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4... But 5

And the Patriots shouldn't have won the 4th because Brady should've been suspended immediately following the game after the scandal was unconvered!!!  But Commish Goodell (the whimp) is afraid of Mr. Kraft so this thing went on longer than the novel of War & Peace!!!  And without Mr. Brady (the reason he fought the investigation and suspension) the Pats would've been Chowder Head Losers!!!  Stevie, really "Just Win Baby"....quoting dysfunctional and eccentric owner, Al Davis of the Raiders, isn't really a wise thing to do.... Woman Frustrated

Yes the NBA Trophy currently resides in San Francisco (Spurs had some injuries), BUT of course they had former Spur, Steve Kerr as their Coach---Woman Very Happy

Image result for steve kerr and gregg popovich

And the Spurs picked up several excellent free agents and a couple youngsters who were on the winning Summr League team so a lot of youth has been added to the wiley and talented veterans......we are definitely in the hunt for the trophy this season!

Perhaps the Spur's players will never be confused with a Chippendale dancer, but CHARACTER DOES MATTER for the team I cheer for!!!  And while you posted your pretty boy MLB players....keep in mind that their job requires virtually LITTLE stress and for the most part they stand on the mound or outfield and work on their tans.....BTW do they still spit and scratch for hours on end!!!  And yes the football  Offensive Linemen and D Linemen are a bit hefty, but that is what the position calls for--a certain bulkiness is needed to block for runners and protect QBs (your Tommy included)---or in the case of the D line, destroy the other team's QB!!!  But certainly these qualifications do NOT apply to an MLB player-----how can a tub of lard run around those bases!!! 

Yes I concur my Redskins STINK (although the change at QB is wonderful) but in 2016 they will have hit their 25th year WITHOUT a Super Bowl,  (what should I serve at a party to commemorate the "event"),

Image result for 25th anniversary clip art

But still this 25the anniversary PALES in comparison with the CUBS who haven't won in 106 years---Notably, the Cubs' current World Series drought began before the creation of any of the other 3 major American sports leagues---as a gentleman on ESPN pointed out....And let's get a little closer to home and the NATS are one of 2 MLB franchises that has never played nor won a World Series.....

Image result for washington nationals presidents mascots

No wonder these President mascots run.....I'd run too....and you notice I'm not even mentioning politics... Woman Wink

And you are somewhat correct, the colleges do not have owners, BUT they have something MUCH WORSE---the NCAA!!!!  And come to think of it the NFL doesn't really have any DECENT owners....(except perhaps "the invisible" Paul Allen of the Seahawks who holds up the trophy for a few seconds, hands it to the coaches, and disappears AND the Packers who are owned by fan stockholders.......)...why Dan Snyder isn't even the worst owner in the NFL!!!!---There are sooooooo many to chose from......the Browns owner has been investigated by the FBI and the IRS, and the Indy owner got out of rehab in Indy and is a Twitter Maniac......One owner had to stand trial for contempency and NO that was NOT Dan Snyder, the Saints owner got that "honor".(family struggle for team, so they say).......The Bengals owner is one of the biggest cheapskates, and 49er fans think  their owner has surpassed Jerrah and Snyder as MOST incompetent.........and let's not even mention all the celebrity co-owners of the dysfunctional Dolphins....And perhaps a competency hearing should be in store for Robert Kraft.....have you heard about his 30 something "girlfriend" (half his age)...she's an errrrr dancer turned "actress".....and her best role is trying to latch on to some of his money 4 billion to be exact---Then there's the mustachioed Jaguar owner, who is an absolute JOKE!!!  ---- Yep the best reality show going is the NFL Ownership Group.....Please tell me one thing....how did these people become billionaires, because they don't seem to have any common sense.....

Now I DO watch SELECT college football games against two equally matched opponents---watching a good one now---ND & USC........and occassionally a college dare I say it basketball game........ But these kids don't even take advantage of their scholarship and leave their learning institutions early to go to the professional leagues ----a big mistake---their knowledge of the game isn't there---no fundamentals---and they don't even have an education to fall back on...and it's bad for both the colleges and professional leagues ........Speaking of college football---I see Kirk Cousin's alma mater beat Tommy's alma mater....Woman Wink

Now Stevie...there are indeed some nice looking NFL players.....

And this is why the ladies yell--J*E*T*S---JETS JETS JETS....

And on that happy note, I'll end my post.....Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

Love the photos; love the humor; hate the programming. QVC is losing me but I wouldn't miss these hysterically funny posts for anything.

@Vivian  Hi VIVIAN--glad you love the photos and the humor...And thanks for your nice comments......Please feel free to chime in .....

QVC has lost many loyal customers......and as they say "the hits keep coming" with no improvement in sight......Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Spurt thanks again for the humorous review. Love the kitties in wigs. And you have a nice group of regular posters who keep the thread fun to read. Wow, that D&B logo lock must be vying for the QVC mascot. But it will first have to duke it out with the dull Dell. But wait, a mattress has joined the fray and squashed both opponents. The Dyson and poo-pourri tried to clean up the mess but were no match for the cleansing power of Wen. Off camera, SG and LG are both attempting to swaddle the winner's podium with layers of everything to figure flatter the Wenner. But we all know this is a Philosophy(ical) debate and VPH will quietly nod her head to restore peace.

@SunValley  Glad you liked the review.... And yes we do have a very nice bunch of regular posters here that keep the post going and make it lively and fun!!!  And everyone is welcome to add their comments and humor......

LOL---I loved your analysis regarding Q products vying for the position of official QVC "mascot"-----So many to chose from, so many "worthy" candidates...Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL..I think it merits a  red carpet extravaganza.......and an official trophy awarded........Hmmmmm who would be chosen as the master(mistress) of ceremonies for this very important QVC event......

Honored Contributor

@Shopthe1 wrote:

Spurt - thanks for the laughs and adorable photos - love 'em.  I won't be spending any time on the Q this week-end --  will be watchin' the CUBS here in my hometown, Chicago !!!

@shoptheQ  Hi SHOPTHEQ!  Thank you for your kind words!!!  I have a very dear friend whose husband is from Chicago--so they both are CUBS fans......so dare I say it (hope Stevie isn't watching)---GO CUBS! Woman Wink..... BTW @stevieb they are both fanatical SPURS FANS TOO!!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

SPURT, No, I didn't buy any of those cookies for the game. The one with Brady's photo-where he looks like Lurch-could be used for Halloween, though.Woman LOL The picture is enough to scare anyone. I do like the broken cell phone cookie.

I'm not into baseball. My sister lives in Chicago, though, and likes the Cubs, so she will be watching the NLCS. I can imagine what Chicago will be like if the Cubs make it to the World Series.

@teganslaw  Yep, that Lurch cookie is pretty scary indeed--LOL!!!  PERFECT for Halloween.........What's this I read that Brady's dad  wants the Pats to score 60 points against the Colts---a little arrogrant don't ya think? Woman Mad  I hope your D line roughs up Tom a bit  (it's always fun to watch him yell at his O line for not giving him good protection)........GO COLTS!!! Woman Very Happy

Glad you aren't into baseball either.......Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

You really have outdone yourself with the appropriate and adorable photos this weekend, @Spurt.   Well done.  This is so sweet:

Honored Contributor

Adorable...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

In the past, some of our exchanges about sports have become a bit ugly. Surely we could both go back and forth on all these factors, each of us doing web searches and carefully selecting that to which we choose to respond in order to bolster our own points of view, but unfortunately, what (I think...) starts out as good natured ribbing ends up something else altogether. At the end of the day, overzealous is overzealous, so it ceases to be entertaining and it simply isn't productive. Trying to engage in light-hearted banter about sports with highly opinionated sports junkies is like trying to discuss shampoo with a Wen girl...

Woman Wink

Enjoy game day and the rest of your week...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt

In the past, some of our exchanges about sports have become a bit ugly. Surely we could both go back and forth on all these factors, each of us doing web searches and carefully selecting that to which we choose to respond in order to bolster our own points of view, but unfortunately, what (I think...) starts out as good natured ribbing ends up something else altogether. At the end of the day, overzealous is overzealous, so it ceases to be entertaining and it simply isn't productive. Trying to engage in light-hearted banter about sports with highly opinionated sports junkies is like trying to discuss shampoo with a Wen girl...

Woman Wink

Enjoy game day and the rest of your week...

@stevieb  I concur....I think it's time to move on to other topics.....Woman Wink