Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? Preview 10/17-10/18 VINTAGE, MORE GIFTS, AND CHOCOLATE!

@Spurt wrote:

No, no, no---turn to a REAL SPORT....football....and if you don't like football...the NBA regular season starts soon...and may I recommend a certain team that wears silver and black---GO SPURS GO!   What's up with all this commotion about throwing bats, people sliding into other players and all that "controvesy"---OH BROTHER! Woman WinkWoman LOL  Enjoy your baseball---drink lots of coffee to stay awake! Woman WinkWoman Very Happy 

All right, @Spurt, you've crossed the line and I'm afraid I'm going to have to chime in here. Your supposed... humor aside, ahem, I'd thank you to cease and desist your ongoing besmirchment of the American passtime... Simply because you apparently have the attention span of a gnat... and hence prefer to watch supposedly grown men in too baggy shorts running up and down a wooden floor bouncing a big round ball and demonstrating the acrobatics of trained apes, doesn't mean we all must adhere to your fixation on the NBA...  After all, Spurt, there's a reason the word "dribble" is so closely associated with this, uh, 'sport'...

Woman Tongue

And football, PLEASE, do not get me started on football, where again, a bunch of supposedly grown men (physically more than mentally, clearly) with more padding than the Michelin Man run up and down a field, jumping on each other and whining to officials is considered 'exciting'... A sport where the supposed arbiter of all that's good and true and fair is more worried about PSI... (despite it largely being a non-factor) than he apparently is about felony charges and convictions of his participants, such that he's then gobsmacked by our judicial system and reviled by fans and players alike...

Woman Very Happy

No Spurt, watch baseball... better yet, stick with college sports, they're at least a bit more pure sporting events...

Cruella has spoken...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Ahhhhhhhh... don't you just love it when the Once Mighty offers a TSV with pretty much the same number of lousy reviews as good ones...? Sort of like the one on offer today... I'd say that's a big...

NEXT!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  STEVIE, STEVIE, STEVIE........  LOL!!! 

May I point out that one of the main perpetrators of all things illegal and cheating and bringing in the judicial system to NFL news involved a certain someone by the name of Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr....a person a certain poster enjoys following from time to time Woman Wink..... and that same team from New England has earned the name of CHEATERS!!!  And has spurred bakeries to weigh in on the SCANDAL---with cookies portraying Tom Brady in his future role as LURCH in the Addams Family remake, and who doesn't love a baked good resembling destroyed court evidence in th form of Brady's own destroyed cell phone, or perhaps a cookie in the shape of a deflated football.....Why they make lovely gifts.......Woman Wink

@teganslaw Hey TEGAN did you pick up some of these cookies for the big game Smiley Wink

Taylor's Bakery has created cookies in honor of Colts-Patriots,

Taylor's Bakery has created a smashed cellphone cookie

Taylor's Bakery has created sweets in honor of the

My Spurs are all GOOD GUYS and do MUCH for local charities.......Basketball UNLIKE baseball involves stamina and athletic skills....meanwhile in the MLB look at these specimens of athletic "prowress"......proving that not much "conditioning" or exertion is involved in baseball and some are so old they have AARP cards......And talk about uniforms that SHOULD be baggy----Maybe the MLB should contact the Q and see if they could give them a deal on SPANX! Woman Wink

...Image result for images of old overweight baseball players       Image result for images of old overweight baseball players   Image result for images of old overweight baseball players

Meanwhile the NBA players have nice legs, and wonderful bi-ceps.......and are slim and trim (Charles Barkley and the Clipper's "big baby" not withstanding)..

And how about this headline from lat year......"NBC GLOATS ABOUT NFL VICTORY OVER WORLD SERIES"........(MLB appears to have been supplanted as America's pasttime).....

And as NBC Sports pointed out......

"Not surprising: According to overnight TV ratings, the Packers/Saints game topped Game 5 of the World Series Sunday night. This trend has been happening for years, and it doesn’t tell us anything we haven’t known for years."

And who wants to watch college sports with drunken head coaches and unequally matched opponents.....ya know when the top NCAFF teams put some little known college on their schedule jut so they can beat them 1000 to 3 to earn recognition from a Committe to get a chance at the playoffs....talk about having attention span of a gnat!  Almost as boring as QVC.....

SIGNED---THE WICKED WITCH OF THE SOUTH  (NBA SOUTHWEST DIVISION THAT IS) Woman Wink

Image result for good witch of the north and south

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Ahhhhhhhh... don't you just love it when the Once Mighty offers a TSV with pretty much the same number of lousy reviews as good ones...? Sort of like the one on offer today... I'd say that's a big...

NEXT!!!!!

@stevieb  And why is QVC so selective with reviews they show ON AIR why don't they show and and read these to us

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? Preview 10/17-18 VINTAGE, MORE GIFTS, AND CHOCOLATE!

Love the photos; love the humor; hate the programming. QVC is losing me but I wouldn't miss these hysterically funny posts for anything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  STEVIE, STEVIE, STEVIE........  LOL!!! 

May I point out that one of the main perpetrators of all things illegal and cheating and bringing in the judicial system to NFL news involved a certain someone by the name of Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr....a person a certain poster enjoys following from time to time Woman Wink..... and that same team from New England has earned the name of CHEATERS!!!  And has spurred bakeries to weigh in on the SCANDAL---with cookies portraying Tom Brady in his future role as LURCH in the Addams Family remake, and who doesn't love a baked good resembling destroyed court evidence in th form of Brady's own destroyed cell phone, or perhaps a cookie in the shape of a deflated football.....Why they make lovely gifts.......Woman Wink

@teganslaw Hey TEGAN did you pick up some of these cookies for the big game Smiley Wink

My Spurs are all GOOD GUYS and do MUCH for local charities.......Basketball UNLIKE baseball involves stamina and athletic skills....meanwhile in the MLB look at these specimens of athletic "prowress"......proving that not much "conditioning" or exertion is involved in baseball and some are so old they have AARP cards......

Meanwhile the NBA players have nice legs, and wonderful bi-ceps.......and are slim and trim (Charles Barkley and the Clipper's "big baby" not withstanding)..

And how about this headline from lat year......"NBC GLOATS ABOUT NFL VICTORY OVER WORLD SERIES"........(MLB appears to have been supplanted as America's pasttime).....

And as NBC Sports pointed out......

"Not surprising: According to overnight TV ratings, the Packers/Saints game topped Game 5 of the World Series Sunday night. This trend has been happening for years, and it doesn’t tell us anything we haven’t known for years."

And who wants to watch college sports with drunken head coaches and unmatched opponents.....ya know when the top NCAFF teams put some little known college on their schedule jut so they can beat them 1000 to 3 to earn recognition from a Committe to get a chance at the playoffs....talk about having attention span of a gnat!  Almost as boring as QVC.....

SIGNED---THE WICKED WITCH OF THE SOUTH  (NBA SOUTHWEST DIVISION THAT IS) Woman Wink

Spurt... Spurt, Spurt, Spurt... Spurt... Spurt...

Well, of course, @Spurt... seek and ye shall find... Because there are obviously far more GORGEOUS specimens of manhood inhabiting MLB than you would choose to feature... I would note FAR more gorgeous than anything you've posted here representing the National Dribble Association and your yokels... And really Spurt, the Bone Spurs charity endeavors matter not a whit, outside, of course, of San Where-ever... Face it, good works aside, your team are a bunch of bowsers... Tony Parker stopped being even remotely 'cute' years ago... Probably one reason, well, along with uh cheating... his lovely wife dumped him... And Spurt, being real, NOWHERE are tubs of lard more prevalent than in the NFL... 

Woman Tongue

As for the very cute Mister Brady...

...and his team of CHAMPIONS... really, sour grapes are just so, well, sour... In the immortal words of, well, whoever... "Just Win Baby"...  Of course, some teams do and then again, well, some teams wear burgundy and gold...

Of course Tom and the CHAMPIONS are scrutinized, more so, it would seem than are the NFL's plethora of felons... Not everyone, it seems, loves a winner... Bake cookies, bake cakes, bake pies, bake four and twenty blackbirds and THE trophy still resides in Boston... 

Woman Very Happy

Although I do understand there is another championship trophy currently resting in San Francisco too, which is to say not in old San Antone...

Woman Surprised

As for TV ratings, well Spurt, we've discussed TV many times and the fact that it appeals to the lowest common denominator is undeniable.  Volume doesn't always equal quality, as you well know... Why, just look at the Q for living (I think...) proof...

Why watch college sports? Must I really explain... Because NCAA sports aren't fraught with inept owners...

Because players aren't yet over-paid cry babies... because while there might be some questionable behaviors among both players and coaches, it's NOTHING compared to some of the antics well known throughout the ranks of coaches and players in the NFL... and on and on and on...

Now, as for some more realistic specimens of MLB male pulchritude, along with their, uh, big bats...

Enjoy!

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

Love the photos; love the humor; hate the programming. QVC is losing me but I wouldn't miss these hysterically funny posts for anything.

I think they're losing... or have lost... quite a few of us... 

Oddly enough, they seem not to want to do a blessed thing about it !!

Respected Contributor

@Spurt thanks again for the humorous review. Love the kitties in wigs. And you have a nice group of regular posters who keep the thread fun to read. Wow, that D&B logo lock must be vying for the QVC mascot. But it will first have to duke it out with the dull Dell. But wait, a mattress has joined the fray and squashed both opponents. The Dyson and poo-pourri tried to clean up the mess but were no match for the cleansing power of Wen. Off camera, SG and LG are both attempting to swaddle the winner's podium with layers of everything to figure flatter the Wenner. But we all know this is a Philosophy(ical) debate and VPH will quietly nod her head to restore peace.

Valued Contributor

Spurt - thanks for the laughs and adorable photos - love 'em.  I won't be spending any time on the Q this week-end --  will be watchin' the CUBS here in my hometown, Chicago !!!

Honored Contributor

@Shopthe1 wrote:

Spurt - thanks for the laughs and adorable photos - love 'em.  I won't be spending any time on the Q this week-end --  will be watchin' the CUBS here in my hometown, Chicago !!!

Heart the Cubs !!