Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 8/27-8/28 DOONEY & SHARK AND SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP!

@Spurt oh boy a curious kitty!  One of my girls can open cabinets.  Not a talent I'm really happy about because one day she got in and the other one shut the door behind her.  I was home and watched that little drama.  It was funny since she was able to push the door back open and stalked out with a very offended air.  Mine will leave the tree alone for about 2 weeks and then it is as if they suddenly "discover" it.  I wouldn't really mind too much except that they seem to think they should chew on it.  Like the glitter, I don't want them to do that.  Last year, after removing the cat from  chewing the tree several times (she thought it was an awesome game)., I gave up and put it out on the porch to take down the next day -- anothe reason for having a smaller tree!

Hope you had fun at the craft fair  - sigh - it is sad that some of the same things come up again and again.  The funny thing is I'm really attracted to tthe new harvest items that Temptations have but I so don't need anything since I have "fall" dinnerware that I bought years ago so have no real need to buy any plus there are so many concerns people have about the quality I don't want to spring for it.

I watched a few miniutes of AM style this morning before I ran out to buy the life vest I needed so I could use the kayak!  That was it for me.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is just too funny and so very true! Thanks for the laughs.  @Spurt!  Great job on the photos too.

Well everyone, I tried, really, really tried to watch the Shark vacuum presentation on Saturday Morning Q. David Venable, who is my absolute favorite host, was on with the vendor representative and even he couldn't make this presentation watchable. The woman doing the demo had the most wretched, shrill, high pitched voice, it was like ice picks to my ears. I lasted all of 10-15 minutes.

Now before anyone advises me to change the channel, use the mute button or go on Q's website for details on the product, please know that I am in the market for a vacuum and would like it to be a Shark. I want to watch the product in action and would like to hear the vendor point out features that may not be in the online description. Turns out this model is not one I'm interested in since it seemed to be geared towards those with pets.

Guess l am getting old but I believe that the voice of the presenter is very important. I always thought that anyone speaking on television would have a voice coach of some kind to weed out any annoying vocal habits. Sigh, not so much anymore.

Edited to add that, had I not been in the market for a Shark, I would've changed the channel after 10-15 seconds!

Esteemed Contributor

@ChazzyLady I happen to agree with you the voice quality is a big part of the presentation.  There are lots of reasons I tune out of the presentations but the presenters voice, if annoying, will drive me off very fast.

Since I wasn't in the market, I didn't tune in to any of the shows and I won't be watching Serta Sunday either. 

Super Contributor

Hi @GinaV24. Well thank goodness I'm  not the only one who finds this to be a detriment to a presentation.

You would think that QVC would somehow be on top of this BEFORE a vendor hits the airwaves, but I guess not. I often wonder if the powers that be even understand what a huge turnoff this is and that it may be having a negative impact on sales?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt oh boy a curious kitty!  One of my girls can open cabinets.  Not a talent I'm really happy about because one day she got in and the other one shut the door behind her.  I was home and watched that little drama.  It was funny since she was able to push the door back open and stalked out with a very offended air.  Mine will leave the tree alone for about 2 weeks and then it is as if they suddenly "discover" it.  I wouldn't really mind too much except that they seem to think they should chew on it.  Like the glitter, I don't want them to do that.  Last year, after removing the cat from  chewing the tree several times (she thought it was an awesome game)., I gave up and put it out on the porch to take down the next day -- anothe reason for having a smaller tree!

Hope you had fun at the craft fair  - sigh - it is sad that some of the same things come up again and again.  The funny thing is I'm really attracted to tthe new harvest items that Temptations have but I so don't need anything since I have "fall" dinnerware that I bought years ago so have no real need to buy any plus there are so many concerns people have about the quality I don't want to spring for it.

I watched a few miniutes of AM style this morning before I ran out to buy the life vest I needed so I could use the kayak!  That was it for me.

@GinaV24

Well the Peddlar's Show (craft show) just like QVC was a big disappointent.....We thought for sure there would be some fall decor stuff and perhaps a few Christmas decor pieces and ornaments too, BUT it was mostly clothes, clothes, clothes!!! A few household items and food vendors (soup mixes, olive oil, spices).....A REAL BUST!!!  The only cute booth was one for pets---with pet outfits, collars, and accessories..... I did buy my cats a Halloween collar and bandana......that was my big purchase......we didn't stay long and headed out to a shopping center and then early dinner....at least the food was good.....What a disappointment....we've been to this brand of shows before and it was always interesting and fun seeing all the UNIQUE products .....  it took a full day.  Perhaps it was the time of year, or because it was in our city and not in one of the Hill Country Towns in the surrounding area......

I will have to warn my sis about the possibility of Doppier being locked in the cabinets.....not so worried about the kitchen drawers he gets into,  these are small drawers and all he could do is make a mess by getting the contents out!!! 

One of my cats chewed on my Christmas tree at first, but a quick shot of water with a plant mister cured her of that.....why would they chew the tree....certainly wouldnt taste good....she was too old to be teething....(if cats teeth).....  I probably don't have to tell you but cats are wierd, fun, entertaining, and loving companions and very intersting.... Cat LOL

Stay safe and have fun Kyaking!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChazzyLady wrote:

This is just too funny and so very true! Thanks for the laughs.  @Spurt!  Great job on the photos too.

Well everyone, I tried, really, really tried to watch the Shark vacuum presentation on Saturday Morning Q. David Venable, who is my absolute favorite host, was on with the vendor representative and even he couldn't make this presentation watchable. The woman doing the demo had the most wretched, shrill, high pitched voice, it was like ice picks to my ears. I lasted all of 10-15 minutes.

Now before anyone advises me to change the channel, use the mute button or go on Q's website for details on the product, please know that I am in the market for a vacuum and would like it to be a Shark. I want to watch the product in action and would like to hear the vendor point out features that may not be in the online description. Turns out this model is not one I'm interested in since it seemed to be geared towards those with pets.

Guess l am getting old but I believe that the voice of the presenter is very important. I always thought that anyone speaking on television would have a voice coach of some kind to weed out any annoying vocal habits. Sigh, not so much anymore.

Edited to add that, had I not been in the market for a Shark, I would've changed the channel after 10-15 seconds!

@ChazzyLady

Hi CHAZZYLADY, most of the regulars here are as BORED with the CHANGE THE CHANNEL GANG as we are QVC's programming..... so you won't here that suggestion around these parts..... We are adults and fully capable of knowing how to operate a remote so we don't need their TEDIOUS reminders!!!  Cat LOL 

And as you said, if a product that you are interested in is being demonstrated you want to watch to hear and see all about it and you are sometimes stuck with an annoying host or vendor...and can only view it sor so long until you reach your maximum tolerance level....!!!!  ...

Yep, that's one of the big problems with QVC---either a host or vendor with an annoying and irritating voice (and David has a pleasant voice so I'm not criticizing him).....From what I've read and heard the host's say some of them came from television world and I can see why they are now at QVC because perhaps it was their voice that stopped their career cold!!!.... And some of the vendors are the same way.... squeaky like chipmunks or way too nasal sounding, or talk like they are in some kinda of a race, or think they have to jiggle wiggle and dance around or act silly!!...... And some of them only use the sales gimmick key words and used car salesman sounding sales spiel and you get VERY LITTLE actual produt info or real demonstration on the features of the merchandise.....

If a customer has to ask a question on the review page about a certain product or as to come to the Forums and ask questions of someone that has already purchased it that means someone hasn't done their job!!!!  The whole ADVANTAGE QVC has over other online retailers is their opportunity to present their product to the viewer so they can really see how it works, BUT QVC seems to use the TV media to irritate or frustrate potential shoppers---JMHO!!!  Why QVC doesn't take our feedback and correct this is indeed a mystery....they actually might get more sales if they listened to their customers...imagine that!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

You guys crack me up.   I Know where to come for a good laugh!!!!   lolololoo

Super Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ChazzyLady wrote:

@ChazzyLady

Hi CHAZZYLADY, most of the regulars here are as BORED with the CHANGE THE CHANNEL GANG as we are QVC's programming..... so you won't here that suggestion around these parts..... We are adults and fully capable of knowing how to operate a remote so we don't need their TEDIOUS reminders!!!  Cat LOL 

And as you said, if a product that you are interested in is being demonstrated you want to watch to hear and see all about it and you are sometimes stuck with an annoying host or vendor...and can only view it sor so long until you reach your maximum tolerance level....!!!!  ...

Yep, that's one of the big problems with QVC---either a host or vendor with an annoying and irritating voice (and David has a pleasant voice so I'm not criticizing him).....From what I've read and heard the host's say some of them came from television world and I can see why they are now at QVC because perhaps it was their voice that stopped their career cold!!!.... And some of the vendors are the same way.... squeaky like chipmunks or way too nasal sounding, or talk like they are in some kinda of a race, or think they have to jiggle wiggle and dance around or act silly!!...... And some of them only use the sales gimmick key words and used car salesman sounding sales spiel and you get VERY LITTLE actual produt info or real demonstration on the features of the merchandise.....

If a customer has to ask a question on the review page about a certain product or as to come to the Forums and ask questions of someone that has already purchased it that means someone hasn't done their job!!!!  The whole ADVANTAGE QVC has over other online retailers is their opportunity to present their product to the viewer so they can really see how it works, BUT QVC seems to use the TV media to irritate or frustrate potential shoppers---JMHO!!!  Why QVC doesn't take our feedback and correct this is indeed a mystery....they actually might get more sales if they listened to their customers...imagine that!!

Hahaha @Spurt, I love it when there's a "change the channel" comment made in such a way that the poster believes they just said something so clever and unique, usually sprinkled with more than a little condescension. BTW, I never respond since there's absolutely no point getting into a cyber argument with a stranger over a completely useless piece of "advice."

Really ITA with all the points you make. So odd that companies spend millions of dollars on focus groups and yet so much of the feedback here freely given would be very helpful in QVC fine tuning their presentations and maybe selling even more stuff.

I especially love it when, for instance, on ITKWD David Venable will turn to the vendor and say "what about using the product to do (fill in the blank)" or some other question I wish I could ask and the vendor's eyes get all big and they say something like "Gee, I didn't think if that!" Probably because they get stuck in their cosmic Black Hole of a spiel and keep repeating themselves over and over again, LOL! Some of his questions I'm sure are coming from potential customers and the producers are informing him but I think he also seems to ask his own questions that he knows from experience viewers at home want answers to.

Hopefully someone in QVC's customer care will take note of these comments but probably not.

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett

Katie....I hope you saw Tara present her convertible sizing Christmas Tree....it's on EZ Pay and "only' $37.97 for S&H. Why you could buy one for your home and another for the barn too Smiley Wink 

Temp-tations Frosted Spruce LED Tree with Convertible Sizing - H205639

I chuckled at some of the comments in reviews.....Not to worry about all that glitter because your new shark vacuum will easily pick it up I'm sure Woman Wink

I have never seen so much glitter in my life. It's all over me, the floor and anything that is within 3 feet of the tree. It's a nice tree but certainly not what is was cracked up to being. You don't have needles to pick up but you sure have glitter stuck to everything that will take nearly a year to clean up.

I have an older tree without lights that is easier to put together than this one, the pieces are very heavy and the top piece had to forced into place, the piping was to tight. I'll use it for the holidays because it's already up but you will be getting this back before January 31th. Not happy with this thing at all. This thing looks like a big mess when you see it for real. "

The tree was not full, tremendous holes. The floor, table and path in which the tree box traveled and pieces were is coated in sparkles. "

@stevieb

And I'm sure you'll be purchasing a Dooney for every outfit in your fall and winter wardrobe all with that "wonderful" $12.97 shipping fee (Boy Mikey will be bringing in the $$$) .......  also you don't want to forget one for the garbage/recycle folks and cashiers at your favorite grocery store on your gift list.....Woman Very Happy

Hey SPURT,  I am SO sorry I missed the presentation! Woman Sad I was out shoveling manure! Woman LOL I really should think about getting one for the barn - I am sure the horses will just LOVE it! Heart I could decorate it with carrots and peppermints, maybe some apples, too.  And the glitter won't be a problem because it will just mix in with the loose hay on the floor and get trampled in.  I am still waiting, though, for TT PooPourri.  And the bathroom tissue holder.  Hey! maybe wallpaper, a toothbrush holder, soap dish, etc. to go with the TP holder!!!  You could have a TT bathroom!!!

One of the "cheerleaders" jumped all over an OP because she complained that it cost her a good bit to send back a cheaply made Dennis Basso coat. 

stevie, how many D&B bags did you get?  Any in new colors?? Too bad my horseshoer is a man, I could get one for him.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,  I am SO sorry I missed the presentation! Woman Sad I was out shoveling manure! Woman LOL I really should think about getting one for the barn - I am sure the horses will just LOVE it! Heart I could decorate it with carrots and peppermints, maybe some apples, too.  And the glitter won't be a problem because it will just mix in with the loose hay on the floor and get trampled in.  I am still waiting, though, for TT PooPourri.  And the bathroom tissue holder.  Hey! maybe wallpaper, a toothbrush holder, soap dish, etc. to go with the TP holder!!!  You could have a TT bathroom!!!

One of the "cheerleaders" jumped all over an OP because she complained that it cost her a good bit to send back a cheaply made Dennis Basso coat. 

stevie, how many D&B bags did you get?  Any in new colors?? Too bad my horseshoer is a man, I could get one for him.

@katiescarlett

Oh I'm sooooooooooo sorry you missed Tara's tree....your horses and barn cats would've loved it!!! 

Boy those cheerleaders are like bull dogs......their whole lives seems to exist around defending the Q and they try to make sure never is heard a discouraging word...They are ready to fight for the Q, the V, and the C..... Woman LOLWoman LOL  Do they have super hero costumes Smiley Wink

The old South Carolina Ball Coach, Spurrier, was on Mike & Mike on ESPN......he's a consultant now for another school, Florida, he attends a few practices and make suggestions.....and he's probably living happily on the money Redskin owner Dan Snyder gave him while a Redskin Coach, and Spurrier spent more time on the golf course then he did at the Redskin Offices....LOL!!!

I hope all these tropical disturbances in the Atlantic miss your area and everyone is kept safe along the coast too.  They moved the Redskin/Tampa Bay game from Thursday to Wednesday because of the weather.....Stay safe folks!