Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 7/9-7/10 GET FIT AND ZOOM ZOOM WITH DYSON

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@Spurt another fun post on a hot weekend!! My favorite is the kitty in the pool....LOL

I may watch ITKWD until my granddaughter comes over....then she wants to watch Finding Nemo with me.......LOL

Have a nice weekend everyone!

@Nataliesgramma

Hi NATALIESGRAMMA,

I'd like to join the kitty in the cool pool---LOL!

Enjoy the time with your granddaughter....Finding Nemo is a cute movie!!

Have a good weekend!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Just when I think you can't top yourself...you do!!!  What a treat your posts are. 

@MoJoV  Hi SKYLARK!!! 

Thank you for your nice comments---your too kind!

Take Care!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

You have to love those little fur balls! Too cute that's for sure. What a fun thread.

Hi @Spurt, Another home run!  I love the idea of a new theme song for the Q.  Yes, another exciting lineup this weekend.  While I'm not a fan of the skull motif, those kitties wear those pirate hats so well, especially the teeny weeny one.  And those little cuties exercising put me to shame.  One can only hope that someday the Q will surprise us with something new and exciting - maybe outfits for our pets?  They have to offer an array of sizes - delicate petites, medium, and jumbo.  Think of the possibilities here:  national theme costumes, holiday outfits, workout duds, lounging outfits, bathing suits, jackets, faux fur coats, hats, bows, etc.  I would have to cut the Jumbo label out before dressing my kitty, lest she get very offended.

@PamfromCT  Hi PAM! 

I'm not a fan of the skull motiff either----but do like the kitties in their pirate outfits--LOL!!!

QVC is losing lots of revenue---all they have to do to get viewers to tune in is feature pets----Yep, I can picture real pets modeling those outfits you described....Cat LOL  -I was shopping for an NFL outfit for my Figaro, but all they had in stock was size small---NO SALE-- my Figaro would need the JUMBO size too--she eats too many treats and when I try to engage her with exercise with a toy, she sits there and watches me throw and fetch her catnip mouse--that's not the way it's supposed to work ---LOL!!! 

Enjoy your weekend....

Valued Contributor

Hey SPURT,

Great post as always.  I definitely need to stay cool, today is scheduled to be our 8th straight day of 100+ degrees (which will tie the record), then a couple of days in the 90's, then another string of 100+ degrees.   I sure picked a good week to take off to catch up on outside farm chores.Woman Tongue

Speaking of hot, I caught a few minutes of LOGO when changing channels, hosted by Sharon.  I just don't get it, she had on 3 or 4 layers of which you could only see the tank over a t-shirt.  She pulled up the hem to show another top with lace, which you could not see!  Why wear something you cannot see unless it is underwear!! Three or four layers, long sleeve, no less, and it is 100 degrees here, just isn't appealing - actually, it is not appealing period.  And one item was on clearance, originally $62, clearance $59.18.  QVC's idea of clearance pricing and mine are just not the same.  Some deal that was!  Woohoo!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,

Great post as always.  I definitely need to stay cool, today is scheduled to be our 8th straight day of 100+ degrees (which will tie the record), then a couple of days in the 90's, then another string of 100+ degrees.   I sure picked a good week to take off to catch up on outside farm chores.Woman Tongue

Speaking of hot, I caught a few minutes of LOGO when changing channels, hosted by Sharon.  I just don't get it, she had on 3 or 4 layers of which you could only see the tank over a t-shirt.  She pulled up the hem to show another top with lace, which you could not see!  Why wear something you cannot see unless it is underwear!! Three or four layers, long sleeve, no less, and it is 100 degrees here, just isn't appealing - actually, it is not appealing period.  And one item was on clearance, originally $62, clearance $59.18.  QVC's idea of clearance pricing and mine are just not the same.  Some deal that was!  Woohoo!

@katiescarlett  WOW SC is hotter than we are but not by much...we've only reached 100 once although we are hoovering at 99.......the way the weather forecasters talk it's like that ONE degree makes a world of difference..yeah right .Woman Tongue  Be careful doing your chores in the heat and make sure you have some cool water on hand to stay hydrated....but I'm sure you know all that......why does the weather always get worse when you take some vacation time---either too hot, too cold, or too rainy....

I just don't understand it with all these layers..it's RIDICULOUS (I guess all the people living in our respective parts of the country aren't "on trend")...these designers obviously can't take any type of cool air on them hence the layering....this is how the
Q hosts and designers view air conditioning...

I went to Dillards with my sis and I can't believe they started putting out "fall" clothes (although schools do start here in mid August)......it made me hot just to look at them...BUT thankfully they had plenty of sleeveless or short sleeved clothing done in light weight fabrics and NO LAYERING --- that restored my faith in the fashion industry and at least I know I'm not totally crazy---although some might question that!! 

Oh yes and QVC's clothing prices---although Dillards does have their designer lines with QVC type prices....most of the clothing I looked at was $30 for some nice tops and t-shirts....and then some great sales where the higher priced stuff was marked down to $26 or $13......originally $54 or $68.....yes REAL SALES!!!  And that's Dillards ---good prices at Stein Mart, Marshalls, TJ's, Kohls, JCP---etc etc....QVC's prices are unrealistic for what their clothing is---JMHO!!!  And I totally agree with you, I have to laugh out  loud when I see QVC's "featured" prices where you save a whomping $4 or $5 ...WHOOHOO!!!  And how I wish this layered look that both LOGO and Halston and C Wonder push would just fade into oblivion along with the shark bite, trapezoid and cold shoulder looks....

I think the heat must be getting to everyone ---- I got criticized over my thoughts about wearing layeris of clothing, cardigans, and jackets in the hot summer, I got bashed by Walmart Groupies (having said their cashiers and employees are rude, and quality not good), and got told I was basically stupid and uneducated because I enjoyed the movie, Secret Life Of Pets---afterall a friend of hers is a well known NY critic that thought it was "awful" and full of "stereotypes" and I should agree with HIM and not myself---it's a darn summer fun type animated cute movie---not a documentary or drama trying to change the world--SHEESH Woman Frustrated And heaven help you if you do not like a certain hair cleansing system or think the befores are better than the afters on certain beauty products-- What is wrong with everyone!!!  Woman Tongue

Enjoy your time off and STAY COOL!

Image result for Emoji with Sunglasses

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,

@katiescarlett  WOW SC is hotter than we are but not by much...we've only reached 100 once although we are hoovering at 99.......the way the weather forecasters talk it's like that ONE degree makes a world of difference..yeah right .Woman Tongue  Be careful doing your chores in the heat and make sure you have some cool water on hand to stay hydrated....but I'm sure you know all that......why does the weather always get worse when you take some vacation time---either too hot, too cold, or too rainy....

I just don't understand it with all these layers..it's RIDICULOUS (I guess all the people living in our respective parts of the country aren't "on trend")...these designers obviously can't take any type of cool air on them hence the layering....this is how the

I went to Dillards with my sis and I can't believe they started putting out "fall" clothes (although schools do start here in mid August)......it made me hot just to look at them...BUT thankfully they had plenty of sleeveless or short sleeved clothing done in light weight fabrics and NO LAYERING --- that restored my faith in the fashion industry and at least I know I'm not totally crazy---although some might question that!! 

Oh yes and QVC's clothing prices---although Dillards does have their designer lines with QVC type prices....most of the clothing I looked at was $30 for some nice tops and t-shirts....and then some great sales where the higher priced stuff was marked down to $26 or $13......originally $54 or $68.....yes REAL SALES!!!  And that's Dillards ---good prices at Stein Mart, Marshalls, TJ's, Kohls, JCP---etc etc....QVC's prices are unrealistic for what their clothing is---JMHO!!!  And I totally agree with you, I have to laugh out  loud when I see QVC's "featured" prices where you save a whomping $4 or $5 ...WHOOHOO!!!  And how I wish this layered look that both LOGO and Halston and C Wonder push would just fade into oblivion along with the shark bite, trapezoid and cold shoulder looks....

I think the heat must be getting to everyone ---- I got criticized over my thoughts about wearing layeris of clothing, cardigans, and jackets in the hot summer, I got bashed by Walmart Groupies (having said their cashiers and employees are rude, and quality not good), and got told I was basically stupid and uneducated because I enjoyed the movie, Secret Life Of Pets---afterall a friend of hers is a well known NY critic that thought it was "awful" and full of "stereotypes" and I should agree with HIM and not myself---it's a darn summer fun type animated cute movie---not a documentary or drama trying to change the world--SHEESH Woman Frustrated And heaven help you if you do not like a certain hair cleansing system or think the befores are better than the afters on certain beauty products-- What is wrong with everyone!!!  Woman Tongue

Classes at the university start in August and already school and dorm supplies are out at Target, etc.  When I get back to work I am going to have to start on my fall graduate student hiring for the fall and spring semesters.  And I can now say I am less than two years to retirement!  Woohoo!  I will be 4 months shy of 41 years service.Woman Tongue

I got some good deals on crop pants at Kohl's, $10 a pair for Gloria Vanderbilt.  I just can't fathom paying over $50 for what is basically a t-shirt that you cover up with yet more t-shirts.  Why pay $50 for something you can't see??!!  I guess I am just not, as she says, "obsessed."

Speaking of getting bashed, I got bashed by one of those "who shall remain nameless, but you know who I am talking about" QVC cheerleaders.  The OP was stating something about receiving returned items that had kleenex, etc. in them and the cheerleader jumped all over her, stating that most people  sabotage their returns to keep from paying return postage, and that it was fabricated baloney that people receive returned items that are soiled, because it had never happened to her.  Well, I stated that it was grossly unfair to accuse people of deliberately sabotaging returns and that just because it had never happened to her, did not mean  it did not happen.  I was called "narrow-minded" in a rather nasty reply.   

And I want to see Secret Life of Pets!  I saw the preview at the theater and it looked hilarious.   Sometimes I  wonder if mine really sleep all day........

It is so hot here, Bandit, one of my horses, is covered in salt from sweat.  Horses sweat, they don't pant.  I may try to hose him off later, but then he will just roll around in the dirt and grind it in really well. 

Q is so boring any more, that I normally would have looked forward to a cooking day because I love gadgets and kitchen stff, but it will just be the same old stuff.  Can openers, over-priced food items (burgers, potstickers, kind bars, etc.), TT ad nauseum, grills and smokers, the square copper pan, etc.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,

and, SPURT, the TSV for tomorrow is CuddleDuds. I am sweating just thinking about it.Woman Tongue

Richard C. Call
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt yes she was quite put out with me for a day or so but since I am covered in cat hair today I have been thankfully been forgiven.

We did finally got some rain and the heat wave broke.  I bought some peaches and blueberries last night (love when I can get them fresh), so I'm making a peach/blueberry cobbler since turning the oven on won't be such torture.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt, I had read that I should try getting the cats to follow me by offering them a bite of food as we walked around the house (I assume both of us would therefore get exercise) but I'm not sure how it would work with the girls but maybe it is worth a try. Your comment about the costume made me laugh.
Esteemed Contributor

boy it does make you feel crazy when no matter what you s ay someone is critical. I was thinking of seeing that movie too and I'm sure I'll enjoy it too. My sister used to moan over the fact that I thought The Nanny was a funny tv show (not the britiish supernanny one but the comedy show. Whatever, its why there are different flavors so everyone can have their choice. Keep your chin up & have fun!