Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 7/30-7/31 REALLY BIG SHOE AND SNOOZE TIME!

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb

I will definitely have to check out Christmas Central.....Woman Very Happy

Oh I see you met my friend .. ....."keep thinking those good thoughts" .....However, she is definitely NOT a member of the LM fan club....and as Martha says,"that's a goodthing"....  But never cross the opinion of her writer/director friend...I mean really critiquing a cartoon after all this was not some literary critical acclaimed written work ....a simple summer animated fun movie that gave a smile in this sad world we live in....SHEESH!

I hope your part of the Qwappitol did not experience any of those bad floods....I saw on TV that a human chain had to rescue a woman whose car was being swept down by the water.....and had to laugh out loud that when she climbed out of the car window, she had to put her smart phone in her mouth while the line up people rescued her from being drowned.....I would be happy to escape with my life, more valuable than any stupid phone....(ROLL EYES)......  I hope the storm has cleared out and you are enjoying some sunny but not too hot summer skies!

Lots to see there @Spurt...

I can only surmise the rest of your post references SHE who would (attempt to) chastise me for not being 'positive'... Oh please... Whatever... I didn't catch whatever thread you're referencing about a movie, cartoon, whatever, or maybe I'm missing the point completely...

No, not really near Elicott City, though I used to stay with friends there often. Cute little town, with a significant history of 'disasters'... It's actually nearer to Baltimore than to me... I was amazed at the volume of water but you'd have to see how that little main street is configured and you'd understand how it could happen...

Yea, save the cell phone... above all else... First, were it me, it would be in my bag and my bag would be around my neck... If I get saved, my bag gets saved and if my bag gets saved, my cell phone comes with it...

@stevieb

I guess you missed the debate over the movie, The Secret Life Of Pets......Our friend has a critically acclaimed playwright buddy it seems) said the movie was awful full of stereo types, he was ashamed he took a relatives child to see it..... my response was everyone has their own taste in movies, and if he didn't like it fine, if she didn't want to see it fine, but he was reading way too much into it and was being too PC over what was supposed to be a fun animated movie.....The stereo types I surmise occurred when one of the dogs was watching a Novella and Novellas are popular with Hispanics and star Hispanic actors in real life, so the TV show the dog was watching featured Hispanic cartoon characters (even Eva Longoria had a show portraying a Novella actress)  ....and he didn't like Kevin Hart playing the gang leader, and Kevin Hart said he took the role because he thought playing the villian would be fun....anyway feathers got "fluffed" if you get my drift....  and others stated they had seen the movie trailer and clips and were looking forward to seeing the movie...a finally commentary was written by our friend, I guess I insulted "the playwright".....I ignored it and moved on...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 7/30-7/31 REALLY BIG SHOE AND SNOOZE TIME!

@stevieb 

Why yes being the baginista that you are, saving your beloved bag.....that makes perfect sense....having a bag ruined by raging waters is unthinkable of course! Woman Wink  And the streets I saw on the news of Ellicot City with the rushing waters resembles some parts of our city and surrounding areas during heavy rain storms so people just don't realize how deep and powerful they can be---scary stuff!!! Glad your area avoided it......

I had to get a new phone, it seems my carrier was upgrading the network in my area so my basic cell phone would no longer work..... in fact I have to confess I did get it from QVC---almost went with the one on HSN but reading the reviews I got the Q Samsung---When my sis found out she was almost all aglow invisioning the endless games of Words With Friends and Wheel Of Fortune.....sending each othr amusing cat video clips and exploring all the internet has to offer....I bursted her bubble saying data was limited and this was going to be used as a PHONE and NOT a computer, perhaps an occasional text or photo.... I do not have any desire to be connected to the internet 24/7!!!  So being the Smart Phone Zombie that she is, she was crushed.... I mean she is truly addicted to her phone---cant go shopping without her pausing to snap a photo and send a text, or post to her FB....and give a minute by minute account of her life---SHEESH!!!  She got yelled at when a group of us got together to play cards and she kept messing with her phone and wasn't paying attention to the card game...What can I say.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”