Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 7/2-7/3 JULY 4th CELEBRATION SHOES AND BE A DJ

Hey SPURT,

The horses, dogs and cats all survived the fireworks, although I did have to go out last night to ensure nothing from neighbors was landing in the pasture.  The dogs got Blue Buffalo Red White and Blue stew (it was not colored, though!) and Red White and Blue biscuits (they were tan).  Horses got NickerSnacks for the 4th.

I checked out online the D&C shows, and almost all tops were long or 3/4 sleeves!  It is over 100 here, with heat index 109+.  The sight of long sleeves makes me sweat!  I picked a good week (not!) to catch up on outdoor chores.  Oh well, I have plenty to do inside to keep me busy.

Is it me, or is the box with item number, etc. smaller?  Granted I have an older TV, but I never had to get up close to see what it says like I have had to do the last few days.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Respected Contributor

katie, I agree with you about the box with the info in it.  I have a newer tv, not new, but newer and between the size and the color contrast, half the time, I can't read it.  Stupid IMO but it does keep me from purchasing.  If I can't read it, I don't buy it,

Glad to hear that your animals all came thru the 4th well.  i was surprised that my cats were OK with the fireworks going off this year.  Happy surprised!

I know what you mean about the long or 3/4 sleeved tops, too.  There were some nice looking things but I'm not ready to buy "the only order of the season" for fall things on 4th of July weekend.  There will either be other choices that I'd like as well when it gets closer or I'll buy elsewhere (a likely option considering the price of clothing AND having to pay S&H both ways).  I know, it's an old gripe but it still bugs me. 

We're about to have a week of 90 plus degree temps here in the Phila area - good luck & keep cool.

Honored Contributor

@mewsmomtoo wrote:

Hi @Spurt, this weekend's preview is quite the spectacular! So many great pics, of course I love Grumpy Cat (Dashing through the.....No :-D. ) & the horse made me laugh out loud. Loved the dog in front of that closed mine too. I love the Fourth, itvis my favorite holiday next to Christmas, but I do not believe that the Q is starting Christmas BEFORE the Fourth. I just cant get into it yet.

I tried to add a heart to your post, it said there were 13, I pushed the heart button & it dropped to 12! I will try to add another heart but if I am somehow subtracting them, that is mot my intention.

Hope you & everyone here has a happy Fourth. I am very worried about my parent's "patio" cat. He is feral & will not come in & this year they are having fireworks almost literally in their backyard. It's been years since they've had fireworks up here & I am afraid he will bolt into trouble because they live in the desert & it is not uncommon to see bobcats & coyotes. Hopefully he will hunch down in the backyard.  The fireworks are also scary for all the wildlife, poor things. So much to worry about & so little time...

P.S. Have you seen the Madame Toussaud's wax model of Grumpy Cat? Side by side it is hard to tell the real from the fake. They did an awesome job!

Oh and Merry Christmas  (insert eye roll here!)

@mewsmomtoo  Hey Mews ..... hope you had a nice and enjoyable 4th!!!   And I hope your parent's patio cat made it through the fireworks!!!  It's so hot here with tempertures in the 98 and 99 degree range, and heat indexes 104 to 108....so we took advantage of air conditioning and I went to lunch and  a movie with friends and played some cards .....

Fireworks aren't fun for animals---domestic or wildlife.....Fire works are illegal in the city limits here and the Police Dept issued over 600 citations for violations...also from what I understand nationally July 4th is also the date that pets get lost---I think they take off to parts unknown when the firecrackers start popping....

There were some cute animal patriotic pix out there.....I guess some people really go all out with dressing up their furbabies for holidays---LOL!

I think the heart thing was a QVC website glitch....I had problems giving hearts too---it looks like they fixed the problem.....

I had to look up that Madame Toussad's wax rendition of Grumpy and it was absolutely AMAZING!!!  Athough Grumpy didn't look too happy about it---LOL

So what do you think of Golden State's Super Team---I think KD sold out ..... if he was a real franchise player he would've re-signed with Oklahoma for one year so he could bring a Championship as a team leader and for the city he supposedly supported over his career before he left for greener pastures.....they were so close and had a real chance to get the trophy!!!  But now he just sells out and becomes a role player and helps creates this Super Team---I don't agree with Charles Barkley, but did in this case, when Charles called KD a sell out and saying somewhat cheated and a Championship with KD joining Golden State would lessen his Championship if he wins one with the Warriors!  One year Tim Duncan had the option to re-sign with the Spurs or go to Orlando....the decision was very close....but in the end Tim showed loyalty to the team and fans by staying and it worked out well...Woman Very Happy

Of course KD did interview with my Spurs ---- but at least my team is in transition---with Tim Duncan looking like he's retiring and Manu re-signing for just one more year, and losing 2 of our players (Diaw and West) Tony Parker isn't getting any younger either, so we do need players to fill in these spots and my Spurs are REBUILING instead of creating a super team.....Oh well we got Pau Gasol but he's 36!!!  As a small market NBA team I feel for the Oklahoma fans......who will want to sign there now....At least my Spurs have 5 NBA Championships and are given credit for being one of the best run sports orgaanizations....At least the NBA should be interesting .....some now view Golden State as a villian team.....and one to be hated.....I guess they join the ranks of the Patriots and Cowboys---LOL!!!

And it looks like Christmas In July is in full swing at QVC.......with MORE of the SAME OLE STUFF they've been showing for the last several years---Woman FrustratedWoman Tongue

Have a good week--stay cool!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,

Lots of dogs this time, and I know you added the horse for my benefit, so thanks.  The things we do to our pets.....Woman LOL  That poor dog that got dyed red white and blue!  Love the Lab holding the flag, too.

Anyway, I checked out things that had been on air, what a bunch of nothing!

Now, don't get too excited but you need to rush to the phone or your computer to order the set of 5 Poo-Pourri with.............holiday gift boxes!!!!   How can you even stand the excitement! 

@katiescarlett   Glad you liked the pet photos....it seems all the animal species liked being decked out in the red, white, and blue, EXCEPT for felines.....it seems a lot of the kitty patriotic photos were photo shopped and I prefer to use real pix ....so hence a lot of dog and other pet photos.....dogs just like to dress up I guess---LOL!!!

That red, white, and blue dog---poor pup I wonder how they managed to keep he or she patient while getting dyed.......my NBA Spurs previous logo featured "fiesta colors" and I remember every year this same woman was on the news with her poodle dyed in Spur's team colors....I guess when the team changed to just black and silver it was too boring for her dog and never saw her on the news again...

QVC's CIJ was just an eye roll---I peeked in for one of Valerie's Show and then on and off again while flipping channels---I can't believe how hey expect to get a lot of sales showing the same old stuff that they've been showing the last several years---wouldn't the receipients get tired of receiving Flash Games, Poo Pourri, Twister Trax --race car glow in the dark.....and even Valerie with same old mercury pedestals, window candles, spheres etc etc....one thread in the HOLIDAY section of the Forum said it all with the title, "I'M UNDERWHELMED".....Woman Tongue  And just think KATIE, July is AEROBED month---as if Serta, Sleep Number, and Pediatric weren't enough!!! .....All of the craziness and NONE of the joy!!! Woman Tongue

@katiescarlett @GinaV24 I had to laugh when I've been working from home and had QVC on and saw all the cardigans, sweat shirts, long sleeves and sweaters ----it's HOT HOT HOT here--(heat indexes 104-108)-would never wear anything like that in the summer---I even made a note and checked out what people were wearing at the grocery store, movies, shopping, etc and all the women here wore sleveless tops or short sleeves with shorts, capris, sleeveless sun dresses---no long sleeves or layering with jackets or sweaters here!!!  I had to chuckle when I heard Mary Beth saying she was going outside to join the Blue Jean Chef to present some items and it was HOT outside---hey Mary Beth don't forget to change into some long sleeves and add a jacket or cardigan---LOL!!! (I checked their weather it was 91)......

Have a good week---hugs to all your critters!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:
oh I so hope the kitty is OK. None of the cats like sudden noises, etc. I'll make sure to close the windows before it gets dark - I don't want to even take a chance with just the screens in. You'll be in my thoughts.

@GinaV24  I'm glad your kitties made it through the 4th okay......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT,

The horses, dogs and cats all survived the fireworks, although I did have to go out last night to ensure nothing from neighbors was landing in the pasture.  The dogs got Blue Buffalo Red White and Blue stew (it was not colored, though!) and Red White and Blue biscuits (they were tan).  Horses got NickerSnacks for the 4th.

I checked out online the D&C shows, and almost all tops were long or 3/4 sleeves!  It is over 100 here, with heat index 109+.  The sight of long sleeves makes me sweat!  I picked a good week (not!) to catch up on outdoor chores.  Oh well, I have plenty to do inside to keep me busy.

Is it me, or is the box with item number, etc. smaller?  Granted I have an older TV, but I never had to get up close to see what it says like I have had to do the last few days.

@katiescarlett  That was so nice to give your dogs, kitties, and even the horses a special treat for the holiday and I'm glad they survived the fireworks!!! 

Why of course the items numbers are smaller as they have to cram MORE info into the little box like EXPIRING OFFER, SALE or CLEARANCE PRICE (yep less than a $5 savings) and they add the actual PERCENT of "SAVINGS" on these so called special prices!!!! ....in red letters of course....Rolling Eyes Emoticon

I wrote to you in another post and commented on Q's so called summer clothing in that post....(great minds think alike)....

Valued Contributor

Hi @Spurt,  well we made it through the Fourth. Paddy the Patio Cat disappeared with first BOOM!!!, but he returned the next night so yea! Here in Phoenix we seem to be in a new weather pattern-mild Springs thru May, then the temperatures rise very quickly & we are pretty hot through October. The so-called Monsoon season is nothing like it was 20-30 years ago. It is much drier, more violent storms when they do happen & several ginormous dust storms they call "haboobs" (it's supposedly an Arabic word for dust storm, I haven't checked t. hough )Anyway  (sorry about Italics, cant turn it off) it was a nice day, I enjoyed the fireworks on TV & the lack of traffic. Also went to JoAnn's & discovered my store was having a huge clearance sale on rubber stamps, Martha Stewart, cling stamps & some inks plus the Buttercream brand. I managed to spend nearly $90 but am do hsppy with what I bought (I always put things in my cart, then edit when I'm done) Not sure what is going on becsuse the JoAnn near my house is not having this kind of sale. Today was 24 hour Craft Day on HSN but I saw very little. Still managed to buy several things :-)

Re Kevin Durant, I'm surprised he signed with Golden State given how close OKC came this year, but I cant blame him if he thinks he can fit in. You get to a certain point in a professional sports careet where you want that championship above almost anything else. I understand the whole villian team thing. Its the same thing that happened to Miami (who just lost Dwayne Wade today) when  LeBron went over there. I just heard about Tim Duncan retiring today. They discussed the Spurs on ESPN radio this morning along with Barkley's remarks. The Suns are rebuilding too, people are excited for the 2018/2019 season......seriously. Between the Suns & the Diamondbacks, I am beginning to appreciate the song from Annie, "Tomorrow"  OK, I could doze off now so I am going to bed. Take care & keep cool :-)

Honored Contributor

@mewsmomtoo wrote:

Hi @Spurt,  well we made it through the Fourth. Paddy the Patio Cat disappeared with first BOOM!!!, but he returned the next night so yea! Here in Phoenix we seem to be in a new weather pattern-mild Springs thru May, then the temperatures rise very quickly & we are pretty hot through October. The so-called Monsoon season is nothing like it was 20-30 years ago. It is much drier, more violent storms when they do happen & several ginormous dust storms they call "haboobs" (it's supposedly an Arabic word for dust storm, I haven't checked t. hough )Anyway  (sorry about Italics, cant turn it off) it was a nice day, I enjoyed the fireworks on TV & the lack of traffic. Also went to JoAnn's & discovered my store was having a huge clearance sale on rubber stamps, Martha Stewart, cling stamps & some inks plus the Buttercream brand. I managed to spend nearly $90 but am do hsppy with what I bought (I always put things in my cart, then edit when I'm done) Not sure what is going on becsuse the JoAnn near my house is not having this kind of sale. Today was 24 hour Craft Day on HSN but I saw very little. Still managed to buy several things :-)

Re Kevin Durant, I'm surprised he signed with Golden State given how close OKC came this year, but I cant blame him if he thinks he can fit in. You get to a certain point in a professional sports careet where you want that championship above almost anything else. I understand the whole villian team thing. Its the same thing that happened to Miami (who just lost Dwayne Wade today) when  LeBron went over there. I just heard about Tim Duncan retiring today. They discussed the Spurs on ESPN radio this morning along with Barkley's remarks. The Suns are rebuilding too, people are excited for the 2018/2019 season......seriously. Between the Suns & the Diamondbacks, I am beginning to appreciate the song from Annie, "Tomorrow"  OK, I could doze off now so I am going to bed. Take care & keep cool :-)

@mewsmomtoo  Hey MEWS!  I'm so happy Paddy, the patio cat returned....Cat Very Happy

Well Tim Duncan hasn't made his official announcement, but most within the organization expect he will retire---afterall he is 40....and I bet he wants to spend more time with his kids....he owns a car detailing business and said he would like to coach kid's basketball in some capacity after he retires...He's supposed to make a decision this weekend...

I remember when the Suns and Spurs were big rivals---lots of interesting games between the 2 teams......Steve Nash was the guy Spur's fans loved to hate....and then there was that shot Charles Barkley made over David Robinson...game 6 of semifinals that knocked us out of the playoffs that year....Robert Horry came to the Spurs late in his career and did a number on Nash---players got suspended for both teams.....Nash's nose broken by collision of Tony Parker and Bruce Bowen....Ah...MEMORIES! Smiley Wink

I hope the NFL Cardinals do well and win the Super Bowl this year---I'd like to see Larry Fitzgerald get a ring....I've read so many nice things he does in the community and he's one of the good guys....interesting too with his world travels etc.....If Larry played basketball he'd make a good Spur--LOL!!!  Yep I know that song "Tomorrow"  Redskin fans have been singing it since 1991 -last time the Redskins won a Super Bowl---but it appears they are FINALLY on the right track but still need work on the roster to be considered relevant once again!!!.....

Great that you found some good deals on craft supplies.....my sis used to be into card making she purchased quite an assortment of stamps too....she still uses her stamps for other projects......I need to get over to Hobby Lobby and work on some new craft projects myself too.....one being new wreaths for fall and Christmas (Valerie Parr Hill only had her fresh balsam wreaths and I need a new artificial one, but she seems stuck in the mercury glass and sphere mode---nothing interesting in her new offerings)......I do miss QVC's craft days and am glad the HSN still has those shows although I end up purchasing stuff locally---be it Hobby Lobby, Michael's or JoAnn's, but I love to watch the shows just to get ideas......and it's a good time to work on crafts---stay in the air conditioning and be creative is my kind of summer activity---Woman Very Happy  As far as the Joanne's nearest you not having a sale, I think sometimes it's how the managers run the store---some have different and better merchandise than others too---I've seen it with Michael's and Hobby Lobby too---but boy are they competitive at one shopping center here---they are right across the street from one another---and then there's a Home Goods nearby to temp you with home decor too---so many stores and just not enough spare money---LOL!!!  Have fun working on all those wonderful creative projects!

Take Care!