Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 7/2-7/3 JULY 4th CELEBRATION SHOES AND BE A DJ

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

A most excellent and festive preview for the 4th of July!  Happy Independence Day, Spurt and all of the previewers!  Love the photos of the animals all dressed up in their red, white and blue finery.  That marmalade kitten with her paw up made me think she was asking for "get me out of this".  My two girls are not at all thrilled with fireworks, fire crackers or anything like that so most likely they will be hiding under the bed during the festivities.  Of course based on what QVC has to offer I may join them.  No, wait, I am SURE that I can find something better to do. 

take care all and thanks to all of our military and their families who defend our freedom every day.

@GinaV24

Hi GINA  Glad you liked the post. And thanks for reminder about fireworks and pets-----here's some good tips regarding this scary time for our furbabies...I know lots of people with dogs and cats that are terrified over fireworks/firecrackers....my sister's cat used to run around the house like she was crazed even hyperventatilating, and 2 golden retrievers of my friends did over $900 in damage in their home (tore up furniture and doors) because they were so scared.....best advice to be there with them to comfort them....

Image result for Fireworks Safety for cats

And I agree with you---I'm with that marmalade kitty and OPTING OUT of QVC's 4th of July lineup......

And to all the military those who have served or are currently serving---THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!

Image result for Cat in Military Costume

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

I laughed all the way through this.  Never too many cats, in my book.  But the dogs were exceeding handsome.  Loved the one dressed in turquoise in front of the closed mine...is it called sleeping something?  I really appreciate your creativity - and my DH has thinks you are very funny, as well.  So there, ignore any critics, as some folks just don't have the vision to appreciate true artistic talent.  

@PamfromCT  Hi PAM!!!  Thank you for your nice comments---you and your DH are too kind, and glad you both enjoy the post.  I appreciate your support.....

I love all animals and since my childhood and years on I've had the pleasure of sharing my life with all kinds of critters (cats, dogs, birds, fish, hamsters, mice), but am a bit partial to cats Heart Woman Wink  It all depends on what species photos stand out and are a good match with QVC's programming and commentary that make the cut.......As for the critics....sadly some don't have a sense of humor, or are just plain grouchy---why they put even Grumpy Cat to shame....LOL.....I've learned to ignore them and move on.....As for "too much time on my hands".....I work from home on occasion and do have some down time in between work assignments and instead of twiddling my thumbs I prefer to check out some fun animal photos....and my posts allow me to vent at what I perceive to be a definite decline and reptitiveness in QVC's weekend lineups---downright dull and boring....don't watch or buy like I used to...

And I know your question was rhetorical, but why in the world does QVC have to mention that darn mine ---Hey QVC WE KNOW IT'S CLOSED

does that really help to sell the tourquoise jewelry....or serve as an excuse to pump up the price.....Woman Tongue

Have a wonderful 4th....and thanks for your continued support!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

I love the Toller in turquoise....and of course the sleeping beauty mine is closed!

Have a good long weekend everyone and a fabulous 4th of July holiday there!

I will also celebrate Canada Day July 1 while QVC does Christmas in July that day...all day!

@TY

Hi TY.......On July 1st I wish you.......

OH CANADA............................

Respected Contributor

@Spurt good reminders on keeping the furbabies safe. I agree, staying home and making them feel as secure as possible is the best idea.
Honored Contributor

@alliswell, @Pandalady @butterfly123 @ms traditional, @meallen616  

Thank you for your support and nice comments----

Have a SPECTACULAR 4th Of July and weekend!

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:
@Spurt good reminders on keeping the furbabies safe. I agree, staying home and making them feel as secure as possible is the best idea.

@GinaV24  Some friends nd I were going to go to the movies sometime this weekend, and we were trying to decide a day and time....and one mentioned she had to be home before the fireworks started to comfort her kitty .......I guess I'm lucky my 2 cats aren't phased by the fireworks.....they are more afraid of the vacuum cleaner.....

You and your kitties have a good weekend and a safe 4th.  Take Care

Respected Contributor

@Spurt, you know it depends on how the wind is. I leave close to a military base & if the wind is right, the fireworks can be really loud, other times they are distant. Mine don't like the vacuum cleaner either. They go sit up in the bookcases and glare at me until I'm done. You be safe, too. Enjoy the movies.
Valued Contributor

Hi @Spurt, this weekend's preview is quite the spectacular! So many great pics, of course I love Grumpy Cat (Dashing through the.....No :-D. ) & the horse made me laugh out loud. Loved the dog in front of that closed mine too. I love the Fourth, itvis my favorite holiday next to Christmas, but I do not believe that the Q is starting Christmas BEFORE the Fourth. I just cant get into it yet.

I tried to add a heart to your post, it said there were 13, I pushed the heart button & it dropped to 12! I will try to add another heart but if I am somehow subtracting them, that is mot my intention.

Hope you & everyone here has a happy Fourth. I am very worried about my parent's "patio" cat. He is feral & will not come in & this year they are having fireworks almost literally in their backyard. It's been years since they've had fireworks up here & I am afraid he will bolt into trouble because they live in the desert & it is not uncommon to see bobcats & coyotes. Hopefully he will hunch down in the backyard.  The fireworks are also scary for all the wildlife, poor things. So much to worry about & so little time...

P.S. Have you seen the Madame Toussaud's wax model of Grumpy Cat? Side by side it is hard to tell the real from the fake. They did an awesome job!

Oh and Merry Christmas  (insert eye roll here!)

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey SPURT,

Lots of dogs this time, and I know you added the horse for my benefit, so thanks.  The things we do to our pets.....Woman LOL  That poor dog that got dyed red white and blue!  Love the Lab holding the flag, too.

Anyway, I checked out things that had been on air, what a bunch of nothing!

Now, don't get too excited but you need to rush to the phone or your computer to order the set of 5 Poo-Pourri with.............holiday gift boxes!!!!   How can you even stand the excitement! 

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

oh I so hope the kitty is OK. None of the cats like sudden noises, etc. I'll make sure to close the windows before it gets dark - I don't want to even take a chance with just the screens in. You'll be in my thoughts.