Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 6/4-6/5 REVOLUTIONARY COSMETICS AND DREAM ON!

@GinaV24 wrote:
LOL @Spurt, I didn't know that about Calvin Coolidge but that is an awesome factoid to have.

Ha, yes picking up little pieces of cardboard (since they are too hard to sweep up) makes me grumble but I love her anyway! Your cat likes to make her food look nice apparently - they all have something. Right now one cat is napping on the couch cushion and the other is out on the porch napping there. I have a wooden stand (it was supposed to be a plant stand) but the cats were always pushing the plant off and sitting there so I gave up and just put a cushion there. Yes I am an enabler to my kitties.

@GinaV24  I think whether a person likes or doesn't like animals reveals a lot about that person's character and heart.  I know some people may have allergies which prevents them from being around animals, and I'm not referring to these people, just others that plain don't like animals....I thought it was an interesting bit of trivia....

Oh my GOSH picking up those tiny pieces of cardboard----what a job---LOL!!! Your right, yes we put up with some inconveniences because the love and enjoyment and companionship we get from our pets does make it worthwhile....Like when one of my cats knocked over the bird house I had on a table on my patio and it was full of wasp that stung me....and I was allergic to the sting and the medicine and the bill was very expensive.....I should've taken it out of Figaro's treat fund.....!!!!   I had to dispose of said bird house...and they are fond of munching on one of the plants (I made sure all my plants were cat safe) .so I understand about having to rearrange patios to accomodate kitties....We are both enablers Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Have a good week!   And your  kitties a hug for me! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:
OK, good, thank you for confirming that it wasn't just my imagination that each line looks like another!

@GinaV24   @katiescarlett What's strange is you go to department and discount stores and you might see a few asymetrical pieces and shark bite styles, but the MAJORITY are NOT....but it seems that on QVC the majority is just one style.....so they are narrowing their prospective buyers .....JMHO.  Course there is their uncompetitive prices, return fees, inconsistent sizing, decline in quality of material.....all what contributes to scaring people away from purchasing too...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24... But were it just the weekends that would be bad enough, but there's rarely ever an occasion for me to tune in anymore... As for the sunglasses, yes, they're still MIA but I've decided they'll be useful in case we get snow next winter... You know how it glares... and that's probably about when I'll be seeing them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

No flippin' to the left... flippin' to the right going on here... Poor Lucy... were she still around, maybe she could be one of the before and after girls...

Now, where IS that eyeroll emoticon...?

@stevieb  Despite the need for the hairdoOVER, (why I think the WEN Fig would be just the thing from what I read from "the horse's mouth")....but her outfit is just sooooooooooo "on trend", perfect for lunching at the Hamptons Smiley Wink

@Spurt If I didn't know better, I might bet the odds that Lucy's dress was a 'bag lady' original... Note the assymetrical lines...

@stevieb  Definitely....the asymetrical lines is a QVC designer favorite and Lucy's creation would fit right in......What is up with all their clothing lines basically looking all the same now even with the edition of 2 new lines.....Halston, C Wonder, of course Logo....and even D&C all have similar or the SAME silouhettes...not only are QVC's clothing options LIMITED, now even the styles within each clothing line are limited...     Just another reason to shop locally or other retailers....Personally I think the asymetrical thing has run it's course....of course to each their own and for those that like it...enjoy.....but another call for diversity in products!

You two are in rare form.  But I, too, am sick of the asymmetrical look.  That is about all you see on zulily, too.   I am sorry, I know a lot of people love LOGO, but it is just too expensive for what even Lori describes as t-shirts.  On the rare occasion when I have watched a few mnutes,  I have seen them raise the hem to show a top which is completely covered by two others.  Why wear it if you can't see it!  and all those layers with long sleeves make me sweat just looking at them - when it is 95 with 100% humidity.  Ugh.

I watched only about 10 minutes of ITKWD, and that is all the Q I watched this weekend.  BORING!  Even his show was repetitive from what I saw online, other than yet more new Temp-tations.  Will that madness never end??

Well KS, that's ten minutes more than I watched...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@GinaV24 I had Evine on some today too... What a nice option... Let me see, jewelry or the zillionth presentation of the Sleep Numb...er bed. Now let me see... which would I rather see... 

Oh and as for those sunglassses... I got a shipment notice today. Isn't that stellar... Only five days to process and send a pair of sunglasses... Last time I ordered from HSN I swear my package seemed like it was here before I'd finished placing the order... Not only that, but I was able to use their coupon, which they send regularly. Sometimes I don't use them, but it is nice to have the OPTION.

You really have to wonder how long QVC can continue with 'business as usual' and remain viable... You also wonder what it's going to take for some of their customers to wake up.

@stevieb @GinaV24  Sadly my cable system doesn't have Evine....but I concur about HSN....I needed a broom with rubber bristles for the outdoor carpet on my patio since a regular broom doesn't work well to sweep it, and they were out of the rubber brooms at Home Dept and Lowes, I was flipping through the channels and saw the rubber broom on sale on HSN and they also threw in a dustpan and smaller broom as a bonus.....It seemed like I just entered SUBMIT and it was here....and I also got to use my COUPON too..Woman Very Happy...

I know HSN shows LOTS of electronics and beauty and their connection with movie deals seem to turn into flops, but at least they seem to have good coupons, real sales, and at least HSN still has craft shows and some other lines that QVC has done away with in favor of showing more beds, mattresses,  vacuums, and blenders...Woman Tongue  I wonder how long the QVC "cheerleaders" can keep the West Chester group viable since the majority of merchandise they show now can be purchased locally and many of their "exclusive" brands are overpriced or of poor quality.... Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  Glad to here your repairs are coming along and there is a light at the end of the tunnel, athough having to put things in storage and then bring all the stuff back and then having to unpack it all ---WHAT A NIGHTMARE AND HASSLE!!!   Hopefully it will all be behind you and you can get everything back to normal.....As for insurance---blue tarps abound on houses throughout our city as folks wait for insurance claims to be settled and repairs made from the huge hail storm back in April....and they are just issuing checks for damage to cars and you are on your own to find a good reliable repair shop....thankfully our neighborhood got very minor or no damage...I was amazed I had none...WHEW!!!

I think the whole point of QVC's Birthday Sweepstakes was to gather customer info so they can send out even MORE of their annoying notices regarding all their "wonderful" Easy Pay options with their "fabulous" Q card and of coure there's the "outstanding" sales where you might save whopping whole $4!!!--- MY OH MY!!! Woman Very Happy

Grumpy Cat (Cakes) | Buttercream Cakes | Pinterest

@stevieb  totally agree with you about the "newer" hosts.....it makes some of the others ALMOST watchable.......The only Q I watched this weekend was AM STYLE and in place of Leah it was "the expectant busy mom".so my viewing time became very :limited...And for the rest of the weekend for some odd reason I do not find demonstrations about pressure points on adjustablle beds fascinating.....I guess it's just one of my many character flaws Woman Wink so I got to catch up my reading....  and watched a little bit of the mysteries on the Hallmark Mystery Channel....

As for rainy warm and humid weather...I hear you....I think our local governament officials are gathering at the Mayor's office to hold hands and sing "rain rain go away".....at least that's the rumor.....right now there is a strange bright object in the sky but who knows how long that will last before the next storm hits....

Have a good week!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@GinaV24 I had Evine on some today too... What a nice option... Let me see, jewelry or the zillionth presentation of the Sleep Numb...er bed. Now let me see... which would I rather see... 

Oh and as for those sunglassses... I got a shipment notice today. Isn't that stellar... Only five days to process and send a pair of sunglasses... Last time I ordered from HSN I swear my package seemed like it was here before I'd finished placing the order... Not only that, but I was able to use their coupon, which they send regularly. Sometimes I don't use them, but it is nice to have the OPTION.

You really have to wonder how long QVC can continue with 'business as usual' and remain viable... You also wonder what it's going to take for some of their customers to wake up.

@stevieb @GinaV24  Sadly my cable system doesn't have Evine....but I concur about HSN....I needed a broom with rubber bristles for the outdoor carpet on my patio since a regular broom doesn't work well to sweep it, and they were out of the rubber brooms at Home Dept and Lowes, I was flipping through the channels and saw the rubber broom on sale on HSN and they also threw in a dustpan and smaller broom as a bonus.....It seemed like I just entered SUBMIT and it was here....and I also got to use my COUPON too..Woman Very Happy...

I know HSN shows LOTS of electronics and beauty and their connection with movie deals seem to turn into flops, but at least they seem to have good coupons, real sales, and at least HSN still has craft shows and some other lines that QVC has done away with in favor of showing more beds, mattresses,  vacuums, and blenders...Woman Tongue  I wonder how long the QVC "cheerleaders" can keep the West Chester group viable since the majority of merchandise they show now can be purchased locally and many of their "exclusive" brands are overpriced or of poor quality.... Woman Frustrated

Too bad you don't have Evine @Spurt... I mean truly, to some extent, home shopping is home shopping, but it is another option and despite their own breed of repetition at least they do offer some interesting things and some pretty jewelry. I also find their hosts, overall, are more watchable, and some of their production values are too, even if they're not always as 'sophisticated...' (for whatever that's worth) as QVC's... Of course, it's hard for me to have a basis for comparison since I just don't watch the Once Mighty these days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

You two are in rare form.  But I, too, am sick of the asymmetrical look.  That is about all you see on zulily, too.   I am sorry, I know a lot of people love LOGO, but it is just too expensive for what even Lori describes as t-shirts.  On the rare occasion when I have watched a few mnutes,  I have seen them raise the hem to show a top which is completely covered by two others.  Why wear it if you can't see it!  and all those layers with long sleeves make me sweat just looking at them - when it is 95 with 100% humidity.  Ugh.

I watched only about 10 minutes of ITKWD, and that is all the Q I watched this weekend.  BORING!  Even his show was repetitive from what I saw online, other than yet more new Temp-tations.  Will that madness never end??

@katiescarlett  Hey KATIE......I'm definitely NOT a Logo fan....nor a fan of layering or 3/4 sleeves in hot weather.....sorry QVC but the A/C is just not that cold in stores movie theaters, or restaurants....!!!!  And when I made that very point on another thread a while back one of the "cheerleaders" solutions for me was to move to a colder climate---ROFL!!!!  Okay everyone in the south, southwest, and west....get ready to move north or northeast---just like the pioneers but this time moving in the opposite direction....WAGONS HO!!!-LOL!!!

I guess QVC is content with their choices, but many customers are losing interest because of the BORING programming/merchandise...last time I watched a few minutes of ITKWD it was just MORE of the same ole stuff---But just think Christmas In July is just around the corner....(why one of the host posted on their FB Christmas Trees are being decorated on some of the sets).....just think KATIE all the new Temp-tations for the holidays.....and then there's the Bliss Lights, Poo Pourri, and that Flash game, and Frozen merchandise.....it's a wonder that Q's CIJ doesn't make Santa just CANCEL Christmas altogether. Woman Wink

The areas east of us have experienced major flooding.....I thought of you when they showed this on the news.....to escape the flood these horses went to the front porch of the house.....a helicopter dropped food to them....and when the rain briefly stopped they got some horse trailers and moved them to a vetenarians place on higher ground....

th.jpg

Of course I feel great sympathy for folks that lost loved ones and had their homes and property destroyed by the flood.....but also for all the animals too...so sad  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Well @Spurt today, the Qwapital enjoyed a rare beautiful day... It was hot, but with reasonably low humidity, a nice breeze and a good bit of sun... I tried to savor it, because who knows how many of these we'll get...

Serious and significant congrats are due moi, by the way... I have to tell you that for the first time since I became a QVC customer, way back in the early two thousands... I didn't even know it was Easy Pay Day... Any other year I'd have been up at midnight last night to order while my preferred items were still in stock and in the attempt to place my order before the Q's always dicey on-line system capsized under the pressure...

This year, I didn't even realize it was 'the big day' until I pulled up the website a few mintues ago... More interesting is that this will be the first time in my illustrious... Q history when I will not avail myself of their generous... EP offer. I looked at my wishlist, meager though it is, and could find absolutely nothing I wanted that badly... It's another milestone for me and the Once Mighty...

Oh, and in the way of an update... I'm STILL waiting for those sunglasses...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE...good to hear you finally got some nice weather and some sunshine....gee you could've used those sunglasses that you ordered from the Q....perhaps the QVC hosts make them individually during their breaks and that's the reason for the delay... Woman Wink

CONGRATS on you Milestone and Accomplishment ---

such fortitude and will power---bypassing QVC's Easy Pay Day---I think you need to give an acceptance speech ---of course you will need to thank Mr George for the direction he's taken the Q, and of course those wonderful hosts that help to keep you at bay, the buyers and programmers that brings in all qwapp---then there's the shipping department and so on and so on.  So many have contributed to this wonderful accomplishment Woman Very Happy.....As the old song goes, "the thrill is gone"....certainly not much to be tempted with....in the past you waiting at midnight for EZ Pay and for me Christmas In July....these once glorious Q shopping days have lost their luster......Woman Tongue