Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 6/25-6/26-SPOILED AND THE PARTY CONTINUES!

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

Yep, Trisha Yearwood is about the only show I watch now, except sometimes I will watch Next Food Network Star, although some of the winners have faded into the sunset.  America's Worst Cooks can be funny, but sometimes I wonder how much of that is real.  I can't stand Robert Irvine!   He redid an Italian restaurant at Pawleys Island and a friend went to the renovated restaurant the night of the grand reopening (I saw her on the episode at a table!) and she said it was more expensive, a la carte,  and eventually closed down.  I watch Cooking Channel every now and then.  I did like the series Alton Brown did, Feasting on Asphalt. 

Hope you are staying cool in Saunatonio.  Columbia's motto is "famously hot."  I did go out after lunch and clean stalls, spread horse manure, and mow around the barn so that I can see more than kitty heads in the tall grass.  But it is awfully dry. I found Jordaen's fly mask so now the gnats don't get in his eyes.  He had rubbed it off at the very back of the pasture.

@katiescarlett  Hi Katie.....I gave up on the Food Network Star....the winner just disappears into the woodwork.....seldom to be heard from again.....and some of the candidates are so obnoxious.  The last show I watched was when they had a cute Italian chef from one of the restaurants here.....he didn't win....my friends and I wanted to check out the restaurant he works at but haven't done it yet....I wonder if he's even still there or if he's moved on.....

Wow! That is interesting about Robert Irvine and his failed Mission Impossible at that Italian restaurant at Pawley's Island...I would watch his show every now and then (when everything else was even worse) and would go to the Food Network website to see how the restaurants were doing after Robert's intervention and it seemed that there were a lot of them where the business just increased a little bit....

It looks like you did a lot of work cleaning stalls, spredin manure, and mowing....it made me sweat just to read about it....I don't know how you do it Katie in the hot weather....Glad you found Jordean's fly mask.......In the morning, it became overcast and looked like it was going rain and it actually cooled down a bit so I swept my patio and cleaned it up......I have outdoor carpet on the patio so little kittie's feet wont get hot....but they also leave their cat hair on the carpet...oh well part of having kitties...

One thing that is nice to do in hot weather is to go to a movie....and I can't wait to see The Secret Lives Of Pets!!! (I think you mentioned you wanted to see it too....)  that cat, Chloe, appears to have an attitude just like my Figaro---LOL!!!

Image result for secret life of pets poster    Image result for secret life of pets poster

Stay cool in "famously hot" Columbia ----

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 6/25-6/26-SPOILED AND THE PARTY CONTINUES!

@Spurt wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

Hello Spurt!  Thanks for the many laughs!  Yes, it's time to get ready for winter, at least at the Q.  I don't normally watch one particular show - you know the one - where the norm is to pile on layers and layers of clothing.  Forget the heat - last thing I need is to look like a little blimp.  Love all the actors in your thread!  And how helpful they are around the yard.  And all the IT shows, big values all around.  Some day one of us should add up all the products IT is hawking to see the sum total.  Would be a trip to somewhere.  Keep up your good work.  You have so many fans!

@PamfromCT  Thank you for your kind words......

Oh yes QVC "fashion" (LOL at your blimp comment) the hosts have hinted that in a couple weeks they will be featuring fall clothes----QVC translation--- when those of us living in the warmer parts of the U.S. in the "fall" would probably like a long sleeve shirt or blouse or perhaps a light cardigan....will QVC present these---Heck No!!!---That's when.QVC will bring out nothing but SUPER HEAVY DUTY jackets and bulky sweaters and heavy boots that look like one was preparing for a trip to Antartica!!!  Does QVC think even those living in the colder parts of the U.S. wear nothing but jackets AROUND THE HOUSE in the fall and winter??????

Oh yes their endless array of electronics ..that few buy....it is indeed a puzzlement....perhaps as a salute to QVC's CEO previous company.....

I wish my animals would get involved in household chores like the ones pictured---LOL!! They are cuties....

Have a good week! Take Care!

SPURT,  just looking at cardigans and long sleeves, even long pants, makes me sweat.   And I could not believe, when I checked out today's TSV, that is yet another MATTRESS!!  But at least we got a warning that we can only get WEN gallons for a few more days.  Whew, I thought I had missed the opportunity (not!). 

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call