Respected Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 6/18-6/19 ERICA KANE, FASHION, SHOES SHOES SHOES!

Those feet... It's a puzzlement!!

Valued Contributor

Hi @Spurt You are still the best! Too many great pics to single out the best except for Grumpy. I just love that little cat ♡  Of course you know the Warriors lost (and I do mean LOST)the NBA championship but, holy cow, they were just not good enough. I think they lost the same amount of games in the playoffs/championship as they did all year. So now I can concentrate on my two loserbaseball teams :-D  Hope you can stay cool in all that Texas heat - take care! (We had 4 people die in the eextreme heat on Sunday here in AZ, people in great shape who decided to hike & bike in spite of all the warnings. They need to tell people to replace electrolytes as well as drink water)

Respected Contributor

Well, at least you had cats to look at instead of spending time watching tv you don't care about.  I pretty much did the same. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mewsmomtoo wrote:

Hi @Spurt You are still the best! Too many great pics to single out the best except for Grumpy. I just love that little cat ♡  Of course you know the Warriors lost (and I do mean LOST)the NBA championship but, holy cow, they were just not good enough. I think they lost the same amount of games in the playoffs/championship as they did all year. So now I can concentrate on my two loserbaseball teams :-D  Hope you can stay cool in all that Texas heat - take care! (We had 4 people die in the eextreme heat on Sunday here in AZ, people in great shape who decided to hike & bike in spite of all the warnings. They need to tell people to replace electrolytes as well as drink water)

@mewsmomtoo  Hey Mews---so nice to hear from you Woman Very Happy 

I was really shocked that the Cavs pulled it out......I do like Steph and was pulling for the Warriors, I'm not a Lebron fan (the hoopla and over dramatics over his "decision" and all, then he winds up in Cleveland anyway....he seems a bit of a whiner too....), BUT I am happy for all those long suffering Cleveland sports fans---none of their teams be it MLB, NBA, NFL  have won a championship since 1964!!!!   And then the traumatic event in 1995 when NFL owner Art Modell moved the Browns  from Cleveland to Baltimore when they were on the verge of a possible Super Bowl win, but the team won it while under the Baltimore and Raven banner....They got a new team, kept the same name in 1999....only 2 winning seasons and last playoff appearance was in 2002 but no playoff wins.....and with them acquiring my team's ex-QB--doesn't look good for the Browns in the near future....so at least the Cavs gave the fans something to FINALLY celebrate! . 

Sadly my NFL team hasn't won a Super Bowl since 1992....LOL.....so I understand when you talk about your losing (baseball) teams....at least things are looking promising for the NFL Arizona Cardinals....

I saw on the national news about the extreme heat in AZ and the southwest---WHEW!!! I don't know how y'all do it with those unbelievable temperatures!!! I hope your managing to stay cool.  I just don't understand it when i see people jogging, gardening, or taking their kids to parks,  in the HOTTEST part of the day....that's the time to stay INSIDE in front of a fan or A/C........Electrolytes are very important in the heat....Here there are LOTS of warnings and instructions on the news when the heat indexes are over 100 .....

In May we got a LOT of rain (and not the flooding that Houston and East Texas got--we were lucky).....but that turned us into a sauna when the heat re-emerged.....the intense humidity and heat indexes have improved and it's now more seasonal and slightly below the ususal average temperature so that's good news.....but it's still HOT!!! At least summer has moved long and just 3 more months of the steamy weather (I'm counting the days).......And I don't know how the high school kids here conduct their football practices in the August heat with their full gear helmets and pads and all...when I can't manage walking from the car to the grocery store wearing shorts and a tank top--LOL!!

So how is your kitty doing that has cancer, sometimes all you can do is give them love and keep them comfortable Heart.....I know you've been really busy with stuff too and I hope you are taking care of yourself.....

I love Grumpy Cat too--even with her frown, there is something adorable about her....

Have a good one!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Spurt I have to agree that my impression of LeBron is that he is a bit of a whiner and for some reason I've never been a fan. I do have to give him credit for coming back to Cleveland after the way the owner & fans reacted to his announcing that he was leaving on ESPN.  He did apologize for that. I wonder if any of the fans apologized for burning his jersey.vAnyway, the fan base in general deserve something to celebrate. It is always cool when your team, no matter the sport, is the reigning champion.

I had totally forgotten that it was the Browns who did that shameful midnight escape. Those poor fans, that team has run through coaches & quarterbacks like nobody's business & then they end up with Johnny Manziel, who seems determined to kill himself with drugs & alcohol  (such a sad case).

We are lucky here in that the Cardinals should have a good season. I know they arebtalking Super Bowl but I dont like to look that far ahead. There are a lot of games between now & the SB.

I hate the heat & will move north as soon as that is possible. My nephews both played high school football & I don't know how they managed the practices. As far as the hikers & bikers, the news here only emphasizes water, I dont know why electrolytes arent mentioned. It's a real problem on the days that are 110 plus. People who are new to the desert dont realize how dangerous it is-lightening strikes, flash floods, extreme heat, poisonous animals. A baby rattler can get in places a grown rattler cant & they have as much poison as a grown up but they don't know yet not to use all their venom in one strike so they are actually more dangerous than a grown up rattler.

I had to euthanize my kitty with cancer on June 13. He had had 3 chemo treatments & clearly was not improving plus he was in pain. It became harder & harder to find any food he would even nibble on & finally on June11 he refused the deli roast beef & turkey & then the 5 or 6 other things I put in front of him. The pain & anti-nausea medicines werent enough any more. It was just terrible because I felt like I was torturing him-he wanted to eat, was excited to see what I was going to give him, then he would walk awaywithout eating.  I couldnt even give him a pain-free death (his vet was like an unskilled student all of a sudden) & I can only hope I have a chance to tell him how sorry I am.

So we dont end on a sad note, have you ever heard of the internet cat named Lil Bub? She is adorable & her expressions would work for your previews.  Today is her fifth birthday. I wish I could download a picture for you.

Take care, stay cool & thanks as always for your "previews". You havr no idea how many people's sprits you lift every week :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mewsmomtoo  Hi MEWS! 

I am so so sorry and sad to hear about your kitty's passing....we try to do all we can and then the time comes for the hardest decision of all....Crying and sobbing emoticon (Sad Emoticons)

You gave your kitty a lot of love and care and now he's crossed the Rainbow Bridge and is pain free.....and you'll see each other again some day...

I don't blame you for wanting to move out of the heat sometime in the future....at least the heat is not quite as intense here as it is in AZ and the season isn't quite as long.  I would like to live in a place that has 4 seasons but each part of the country has it's pros and cons....I certainly would not want to live where one relative lives where winter starts in October and doesn't end until July ---they are lucky to get 2 weeks in August that are really warm.....Or other places where weather is temperate but then there's tornadoes, hurricanes or earthquakes or something else to worry about weatherwise.....

People don't educate themselves about weather and they think suntan lotion and a bottle of water is enough....In Big Bend National Park in West Texas there are hiking trails that you have to go to a ranger station and talk to a park ranger before you endeavor to hike on that trail and you must report the time you left and your return time on a report. I guess they have serious talk with the potential hikers and warn them of all the possible dangers.  When I visited West Texas with friends, we just went on the easy trails.  Oh yes "critters" ..... plenty of those around 2.....especially posionous snakes....during wildflower picture taking time in the spring they were warning people about snakes of all sizes. Last month someone even encountered an alligator while tubing in a river....the wildlife department says from time to time they've seen this, it's not very common, but likely it was a pet alligator at some point that got too big and the owners didn't know what to do so they illegally dumped it in the river.....YIKES!!!  Glad alligators aren't indigenous to Texas......!!! 

Yes, I'm familiar with Lil Bub.....she's raised a lot of money to help animals.....she's so sweet...

Your comments about this thread are too kind....thank you for your support.  The post actually started to cheer up someone that had serious health concerns....and I'm glad it gives some a chuckle.....

Take Care and STAY COOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”