Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 4/2-4/3--A NEW WRINKLE AND A DULL DAY

@flickerbulb wrote:

@Spurt

Great job as usual! I particularly enjoyed the photo of the chicken wearing a lovely hair piece! The hair looks so real and authentic! Smiley Happy

@flickerbulb  Hi flickerbulb..... That chicken with the wig really cracked me up too!!! Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh, for heaven's sake. There's a big banner on the homepage announcing 'Dell Days are Here'... I absolutely cannot belive they're running this tired promotion again this year... In the past, it's been month-long... Yet something ELSE to NOT look forward to. 

@stevieb  It's absolutely AMAZING.....it's like Dell must be giving the Q a great deal to move some of ther inventory.....perhaps Mikie has a soft place in his heart for his previous employer....but why burden your QVC customer with this QWAP when QVC's financial results continue to show a DECLINE in ELETRONICS quarter after quarter----EARTH TO QVC, EARTH TO QVC---it's not selling MOVE ON PLEASE! But since QVC prefers to maintain their status quo it just has me running from this channel at Olympic sprinter Bolt type speed......

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/blog/techflash/2016/03/revenue-slides-at-dell-on-weak-hardware-sal...

In one of the few peeks at its finances since the company was taken private in 2013, Round Rock-based Dell Inc. disclosed Monday that its revenue dropped 5.6 percent in the last fiscal year amid "a global decline in demand for desktops and notebooks."

Every other IT company is moving to technology for the Cloud, why even old timer, IBM seems to be going into the future direction of technology (according to WSJ)....yet Dull Dell hawks old hardware/software....AMAZING!

QVC is just difficult to figure out---they are pricing themselves out of the clothing market too.....stuff you can find at Dillard's/Macy's and others are sellinq equivalent stuff from $10 to $29, meanwhile the Q sells it for $54??????....and then ADD IN your shipping.....And when I tuned in (for a laugh) at one of Q's spring "fashion shows"....I heard "the chatty designer" say.....this doesn't come in petite, but you can have it altered and hemmed up....Why on earth would I pay $54 + $3 shipping = $57, and then another $32-$45 (which is the going rate for alterations here) just to wear one of Q's polyester creations.....For $89 why I can go to Nordstroms and find something REALLY REALLY nice and not hastle with alterations....sorry Susan "liquid knit" it NOT that special to merit that price tag!!!!!! Or find something equivalent in the petite section FOR MUCH MUCH LESS at many department stores and no alterations needed!!! 

I hope the weather is holding up in your part of the country instead of rain and/or snow I've heard about for the northeast this weekend---it IS April isn't it.......???? 

Take care and have a great weekend!

Oh my yes @Spurt, UTTERLY AMAZING... Again, the definition of insanity being to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results... I suppose they're willing to let Dull drive them into the ground, most likely based on some antiquated agreement from a decade ago... which, apparently, is where their corporate mind-set resides... Can we say 'time warp'... And let's face it, really, even if one IS in the market for a new laptop or desktop, most sensible folks are going to see through the extraneous 'free' software and through the dated technology and are not going to order here... much less order Dell...  At one time, perhaps, Dell was the industry leader, but times changes and neither Dull, nor QVC's other partner in crime, HP, are on my short list when it comes to a new computer... 

And you can add handbags to your diatribe on fashion... They sell so few brands and many of those sold never even see any airtime because the only thing they can program with regularity is Dooney and their blasted Logo Lock... They throw in a few 'made for Q' accessories, inflate the 'actual retail price' and then tack on twelve bucks to ship and it's a big NO THANKS...  And, were you aware, Spurt, that Crayola now offers a box of over 150 colors and it increasingly seems that the Q and Dooney are fully committed to eventually offering said Logo Lock in ALL OF THEM...

Dreary and drizzly here today, and yesterday topped out in the 80's... It was humid in the morning, but it lifted a bit and a pleasant breeze kept if tolerable for most of the day, though the evening was too warm indoors... It appears the sun might make a somewhat watery appearance today, but the coming week looks rather iffy, though I believe we can expect some sunshine and cooler temperatures at some point...

You too, my friend, have a good weekend... and remember, if you miss something you REALLY want to see on the Q, you can always catch it on Q Plus... Plus... WHAT a misnomer...

Woman Very Happy Woman Surprised Woman Wink Woman Frustrated

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

And @Spurt, I reiterate... It used to be that the 'featured product' got six full hours of dedicated programming but now we're up to seven... Add in the mimimum of fifteen minutes (usually closer to a half hour) of presentations during other shows and on any given day anyone dopey enough to watch all day (how would anyone do that... why would anyone do that...) can probably 'enjoy' ten PLUS... hours of staring at the same product... Un-be-freaking-lievable.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

And @Spurt, I reiterate... It used to be that the 'featured product' got six full hours of dedicated programming but now we're up to seven... Add in the mimimum of fifteen minutes (usually closer to a half hour) of presentations during other shows and on any given day anyone dopey enough to watch all day (how would anyone do that... why would anyone do that...) can probably 'enjoy' ten PLUS... hours of staring at the same product... Un-be-freaking-lievable.

@stevieb  As if LIMITED products aren't enough on any one show--ARRRGGGHHH!!!  In AM STYLE this morning the "featured product" got an "encore performance" the host's very words.....I grabbed the remote and QUICKLY turned the channel......!!!  UNREAL!!!

Of course one of Q's cheerleaders said if she likes a product and wants to re-order it she watches the presentation....REALLY....I would just go online and re-order and definitely NOT watch the same hype again........I think these folks have shaken one too many pom poms.....SHEESH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  Gee I learn something new every day....Crayola boxes up to 150 colors ---WOW!!!  Must be because of the demand with the new coloring books for adults!!!  And your right, Dooney & The Logo will be matching each and every color.......perhaps as a graduation gift, wedding gift and/or brides maid gift, or birthday gift you could put the 150 box of crayons in a LOGO LOCK of their favorite color---fill your gift wing up now!!!!!...Woman Very Happy

Our weather here has been an interesting mix---warm and muggy in 80's.....then foggy with rain and drizzle, then cool front dropped temps to a high of 60 ..... and beautiful weather for next few days 72 Woman Very Happy......I am going out to my patio and read a bit.......being lazy today, my allergies are acting up a bit (oak pollen)....

Take care!

Respected Contributor

@Spurt yes I remember the many handbag brands that are no longer.  I am not on board with the fringe look, and I am not spending $$$ for a designer knockoff (GILI). I like the Dooney quality, but I can't handle the weight of these bags and need outside pockets. Sigh...

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It was gorgeous today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm late to the party this weekend, @Spurt. l see l didn't miss anything of interest on the Q, as usual. LOL. The cats and dog donning wigs were my favorites this week. Thanks for another great effort, as always!

l actually bought something from the Q today (from the website): Mrs. Prindable's caramel apples. LOL.

ETA: And BTW, what's up with those Christmas-themed photos of hosts on the homepage?? I'm now convinced that the Q isn't going to bother to take those down. After all, it's less than 3 months till Christmas In July!! LOL.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2  Hi HANDY glad you enjoyed the critters in the wigs.....my favorite is the chicken---LOL!!! 

As far as QVC .......don't think you missed much.......enjoy your Prindable Apples...

BTW I'm not seeing hosts in Christmas garb....I see dull dell computers on the home page and Hot Deals On Tech and Sunday Funday Style complete with photos.......

I'd clear my browser cache, Java cache, and Flash cache......and check for adware/malware too.....(anyone else seeing Christmas photos of hosts?).......Of course Christmas is "only" 8 months away....and you never know with QVC... maybe your a special customer targeted for their special Christmas season...Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I never watch the Perricone shows, it isn't my choice of products and these days I seldom watch any of the beauty infomercials on QVC.

Since the power went out at my house (high winds) at 6 a.m. on Sunday and the power crews didn't get around to me until 6:00 a.m. this morning, well, I missed all the "fun" for Sunday -- although honestly I've stopped watching Q's Sunday lineup as well so actually I didn't miss a thing (although heat would have been really nice).

Thanks for the fun photos and the great commentary @Spurt.  I enjoy and look forward to your preview every week.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2  Hi HANDY glad you enjoyed the critters in the wigs.....my favorite is the chicken---LOL!!! 

As far as QVC .......don't think you missed much.......enjoy your Prindable Apples...

BTW I'm not seeing hosts in Christmas garb....I see dull dell computers on the home page and Hot Deals On Tech and Sunday Funday Style complete with photos.......

I'd clear my browser cache, Java cache, and Flash cache......and check for adware/malware too.....(anyone else seeing Christmas photos of hosts?).......Of course Christmas is "only" 8 months away....and you never know with QVC... maybe your a special customer targeted for their special Christmas season...Woman Wink

Yea @handygal2 @Spurt... The hosts are still celebrating Christmas on mine too... It's on the forums homepage and my PC has been cleaned and scanned time and again, so I expect it's some peculiarity at their end... Imagine, a Q website glitch... Hard to believe, I know. Even more interesting, if I choose to use IE, it's a different picture, but when I use Chrome, as I usually do, it's the old picture, and my Chrome version is current... Go figure...