Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 2/6 and 2/7 ACCESSORIZE & SUPER SUNDAY!

@katiescarlett wrote:

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@3cupcakes  Glad you liked the horse in the hat---she looks like she's getting an early start on choosing her finery for the Kentucky Derby---LOL!!! 

The kitten bowl is so adorable and some of the names and twists on Super Bowl parody is so funny and clever too---QVC could certainly use some of that!!!

And some of those cat/dog centered Subaru commercials are so funny too!!!  I love the Barkley Family and the new Doggie Bag commercial LOL!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMZM8MG6X1o

Oh, thanks so much for the link, @Spurt!  It was just too funny; the kitty driver hilarious!  

Didn't think I would, but I'm watching the super bowl in between puppy/kitty bowls & I'm disappointed w/the commercial Bud gave the Clydesdales this year.  They are always my favorite.

i would love Peyton to finish his career w/a win tonight.  He seems like just a "stand up guy".

I agree, the Clydesdales commercial was not up to par!  I watched part of the puppy bowl.  And the Subaru dog commercials are the best!

@katiescarlett  I just love love love the Subaru commercials with the dogs and kitties....loved that kitty valet ---LOL---that's just the attitude a Tuxedo cat has---ROFL!!!  So disappointed in the Bud commercial, they can go more sophisiticated, and have another one talk about responsibility and don't drink and drive....but to me they are plain BORING and nothing to set them apart!!!  

Before I forget.....the Westminister Dog Show is the 15th and 16th and Im sure Subaru will have a couple more cute commercials for that show too....I think its on the CNBC and USA networks....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb  Hey Stevie so how many Dooney TSV's did you purchase......and I'm sure you "appreciated" QVC's shipping and handling charges Woman Wink  QVC will make a fortune just in those S&H charges forget about how many handbags they sold!!!.....

I know you won't be watching "the big game"......so are ya gonna take a peek at the jewelry???I wonder if it will be La Marm or "that man" on Sunday  The Q seems to  have a knack for picking your personal favorites for a somewhat promising lineup of shows... Woman Wink

When our weather morons here were doing a BRIEF look at national weather (and I do mean milisecond here) they indicated that more snow and/or rain are on the way for your part of the country....meanwhile, even though it's supposed to be a Godzilla El Nino for us, not even a drop of rain.....so much for predictions....Smiley  It's supposed to be in the low 60's here and warming up to the low 70's next week and lows in the 30's.....wanna bet it rains--HAHA!!! 

Have a good one and stay safe, warm and dry!!!

Shockingly enough @Spurt... I actually did watch several jewelry shows last night on the Once Mighty, including (I hope you're seated) two hours of La Marm... Let me give you a little background...  I arrived home Saturday evening to find that for the second time in less than a year, some faulty work done by one of the  homeowners two floors above me had resulted in a flood, of sorts, into my condo... This one was worse than the last... So, after coping with that mess Saturday evening and most of yesterday ----- and heaven only knows when my place will be back to 'normal', as there will need to be painting and other work done, and getting very little sleep on Saturday ----- I was in the mood for nothing much more than background noise. The jewelry was actually pretty and LM was a tad less annoying than usual. The vendors were actually allowed to speak. The day ended with Antonella and Bixby, both of whom I like in small doses... Fortunately, "that man" was not to be seen... The shows were actually better than usual. It clearly pays not to watch very often because then it's almost tolerable when you do.

As for the Dooney shows, nope... Nothing, zilch, nada...  I thought that TSV was one of the ugliest bags they've ever done for QVC and, sorry, like the other handful of brands they program all the time, I'm sick of Dooney and Bourke... Watched for about fifteen minutes Friday night, as I wanted to see if the TSV was, in fact, as bad as it seemed to be (it was worse), and then turned it off... and then didn't watch anymore Dooney for the duration... I wouldn't have watched any more on Friday anyway, but trying to endure Amy referring to the bags as 'her' and 'she' was more than any semi-mentally intact adult could endure...

Oh those weather idiots... Yes, it looks like we might get a little something tomorrow... But it does appears to be just a little something this time around. Let's hope they're right... It looks too like we're in for a spell of really cold temperatures, which will be a shock to many systems around here, given how mild most of the winter has been...

Have a good week...

@stevieb Oh STEVIE so so sorry to hear about the flood into your condo!!!!  And then when its not even no fault of yours but other homeowner's and faulty repairs make it even worse!!!!  And all the cleanup and repairs and painting involved----probably makes you want to SCREAM!!!  I hope everything is repaired quickly and your place is put back to normal very very soon!!!  And I trust the neighbors at fault will be the ones footing the bill instead of you!!! 

I'm glad the jewelry show turned out to be a plesant experience and thankfully LM was in one of her "good moods" and allowed the vendor to speak.  And if the gem guy was there, he is usually very informative unlike a certain gold buyer.......Woman Frustrated  They had a gem show on the other day when I worked from home, and some pretty pieces and unique gems, but a tad pricey for my wallet....but nice to see and Jennifer was the host....wonder why we don't see more of her....she is usually pretty good and less annoying than so many others.....

I understand how you feel about Dooney .....  it seems that it is always the same styles, not much varietyjust new colors, and the prices seem to be going up and up!!! and then there's that handling fee--!!!  Just like everything else at the  Q remember when they HAD a nice variety of bags from different manufacturers...???????   The word DIFFERENT is just not QVC's dictionary!!! 

Have a good one....

Well @Spurt I don't know how good it's going to be for the next several weeks, but thanks... It appears there are several insurance companies involved and while I made mine aware of the situation, so far, I haven't needed to file a claim.

As for LM, perhaps she's gotten the message to take it down a notch or three and let the more interesting and competent vendors speak, but I think the method to the madness was that she seemed, perhaps, to be having a cold or allergy flare-up, so perhaps it worked for her too... to take the backseat... For whatever reason, it worked out nicely for a change, making the shows tolerable...

Yes, as noted, Dooney has become on those 'ten brands' often repeated and frankly, as you mention, given the styles don't tend to change that often, they've become just as boring as all the other repetition on QVC. New colors does not mean new and different... And most unfortunate of all, the demise of the dreaded Logo Lock was premature... It was there, over and over and over yet again... and in fact, in a new incarnation: nylon... Get this, the leather bag is about $280 and I think they wanted about $230 for the same bag in nylon... Go figure... I'm sure they sold a lot of them because as we all know, there is way, way too much Kook Aid being consumed around here by the faithful and by the cheerios.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Hey stevie,  sorry to hear about the flood!  What a mess, even worse when it was caused by someone else's incompetence and sloppy work ethic!  Hope you are back to normal soon. 

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

SPURT, I had a wonderful tuxedo cat named Tux - he was a stray and he loved my old Golden mix.  Sadly my neighbor's dogs chased him down one day and killed him.  She let them run loose and I told her if I EVER say them at my house again, I would call animal control.  I have not seen them since as she finally put up a fence.

Now I have a big long-haired black cat and his sister who is what I am told is a pastel calico (gray, tan and white - quite pretty),  nicknamed Kitty Boy and Kitty Girl.  My cute orange kitty, Tater, also known as Tater Tot or Mr. Tot,  a gray tabby and cat #5 who I think I have mentioned is knows as Chanel (for Chanel #5 cat).

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call