Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 2/27-2/28-ANTI-AGING AND BETTER SOUND THROUGH RESEARCH!

[ Edited ]

@mewsmomtoo wrote:

HI @Spurt, saw your weekend preview a few days ago, but didn't have a computer to reply on and I just can't do it on my phone anymore, way too time consuming.  Needless to say, I did not watch the Q this weekend, not even ITKWD which I sometimes tune in.  Guess I missed the Golden Spatulas, but I expect I will survive.  I stopped watching all awards shows about 10-12 years ago.  I love movies and TV and music but I don't really care what awards go to whom because it doesn't influence my choices and, while it used to be special back in the 70's to see the movie stars dressed in beautiful gowns and tuxes, now they are just ordinary people whose lives I hear way too much about.  We can watch them on TMZ for goodness sake, and see them on our phones 24/7.  

I now have Netflix and Amazon Prime and, at the end of March, I will be dumping my cable TV because it is just too expensive.  I will miss the local and cable news.  I can tune in the Q and HSN on the computer if I want.  There are other things I will miss, but I love the radio so I will get in more listening time and hopefully catch up on my reading and do some more crafting too.

Your pictures of the animals in the flowers were so sweet and maybe if Vogue had put Grumpy Cat on the cover instead of Kim and Kanye, I might still buy the September issue.  Thank you for the picture of Bella, the Official Alamo Cat, what a nice life she must have.  The weather here in AZ is HOT. It is going to reach the 90's tomorrow and Friday.  Someday I will move from here, either a few miles north (like Prescott) or maybe east to New Mexico.  I have considered Texas, but you guys get the heat and some really wild weather too, whether its up in Dallas or down in Houston or San Antonio so I guess I will continue to be just a tourist :-)  The cats are enjoying the weather though and I am glad for that.  My big kitty, who is so sweet, kind and easy-going, has cancer and likely has only a few more months to live so I am glad I can have the doors and windows open for him to enjoy the birds and fresh air.

Hope you and your SO and Figgy and Puddin' are enjoying the beginning of Spring too.

Take care

@mewsmomtoo  Hey MEWS---good to hear from you!!! 

Oh yes "the esteemed" Golden Spatula Awards.....how could you possible miss them....Woman WinkWoman LOL  Someone at work said that the Kitchen Aid lady was actually choked up about her award.....poor thing!

Bella gets excellent care, why she even gets a BATH!!!......She tweeted this pix---LOL!!!  I certainly DON'T envy the person that has that job of giving her a bath!!!!

CcZ6PSGUcAA1y60.jpg

The award shows just aren't the same......the "stars"  lack "the IT factor" and "glamour" they appear to be, in a lot of cases----rude and lewd!

I certainly hear you about the price of cable......mine went up by $20.....what's funny is you look at your bill and a lot of the costs involve all these special taxes that were SUPPOSED to make the cable industry more competitive---YEAH RIGHT!!!  And I bet you got some ocean front property there in Arizona to sell too Smiley Wink  I think there is a way to get local channels with an indoor antenna ---  that is what a friend's daughter does......If it wasn't for sports my TV would get dusty for lack of use Woman LOL...there are very few shows/channels I enjoy and watch any more....

WOW so AZ is in the 90's already---YIKES......well we are close behind....it was 86 we were 3 degrees off a record here the other day....but THANKFULLY we got a cool front and are back into the 70's...As I was paying my electric bill I was thinking gee I only got another 2 months of low utility bills before the SEASONAL ADJUSTMENT kicks in and then with our HOT weather my bill will look a bit like the national debt---no matter how hard I try and stepsI take to conserve to keep the bill a tad lower!!!  Yep, it does get very HOT here----and even more humid if you head east to Houston.....Dallas is hotter than us in the summer and they tend to get  some tornados too (my grandmother always said the missions protect us from tornadoes and bad storms and recently it seems to have worked!!!).....I know there are places that are a bit cooler even in the Southwest.....Good luck on your search for a more temperate climate!! 

Oh MEWS---I am so so so sorry to hear that your big kitty has cancer----it breaks my heart...

And I hope he has lots of happy days left to enjoy the fresh air and watch the birds---give him a big hug for me!!!!

Figgy & Puddin are enjoying their patio time with the fresh air and sun ......and pretty soon the blue bonnets and wild flowers will be out and I do enjoy that part of spring in Texas.....

Take Care!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRVW 2/27-2/28-ANTI-AGING AND BETTER SOUND THROUGH RESEARCH!

Hi @SpurtThanks for the good thoughts for my kitty.  He is the cat all the others like to sleep with, I think because he is so big.  He's like a big warm body pillow for them.  He spends more time with me on the couch nowadays so he gets lots of special attention.  I trapped him with a net when he was a feral kitten, then brought him to adoption fairs for six months.  I used to have my own fair at one pet store, then he went to another one at another pet store plus one at PetSmart so almost every weekend he was out but nobody adopted him and, after 6 months, I told him he was mine, a decision I have never regretted.  He grew to be an 18 lb kitty and I don't mean he was fat.  He's like a guy who is 6'6" and 250 lbs.  He used to have a little 7 pound friend who would walk under his belly Cat Very Happy

I wondered if it was hot in San Antone since it was hot here.  I love the field of bluebells you guys get.  We have beautiful wildflowers here but for a very short time and not fields and fields of them. I'm glad your kitties are getting out and enjoying the fresh air.  I had a catio at my last apt in California and it will be a priority if and when I get to move. 

Bella is one tolerant cat!  but I bet that feels pretty good on a hot day at the Alamo.  I like what your grandmother said about the missions.  They are pretty special and maybe they do have protective powers Smiley Happy